Ergebnis 1 bis 16 von 16
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    Isn't this supposed to be english?
    The description of this message board is (intentionally) in English and German.

I think that all Risen hack/modification/patch/translation developers can benefit from each other, no matter what their native language is.

Best regards,
    Nico
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    NicoDE ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer
    Zitat Zitat von NicoDE Beitrag anzeigen
    The description of this message board is (intentionally) in English and German.

I think that all Risen hack/modification/patch/translation developers can benefit from each other, no matter what their native language is.

Best regards,
    Nico
    Sure if you can read both languages...
    Dragonsblood ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Akagi
    Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    It's not like we have any choice, since we don't have our own Mod-Subforum, but Dragonblood has a point.

There is no real reason to do things like that, since only we would benefit from a cross-discussion between english and german.
    Akagi ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE
    Zitat Zitat von Dragonsblood Beitrag anzeigen
    Sure if you can read both languages...
    You don't have to understand every single word. In this case you might not be able to answer the question - but this is not your problem

However, many tools for Risen are in English. I monitor the Russian editing thread without being able to understand the exact meaning (my Russian is not that good ) - but I grab the news/tools/mods/hacks that are published.
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor
    NicoDE ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Ja, maar as ek begin Afrikaans praat gaan julle almal ook deurmekkaar word so dis ook nie rerig regverdig nie.

That's my native language, which might have contained valuable information about modding the game. If you want to help the whole community please post in English (not my native tongue), which 80% (optimistic) of the players could understand. Maybe some English speakers could then help you in return with your problems.
    Donkerman ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    That's Dutch and the online translators make a mess of it because (I think) they use formal Dutch while most people there speak the more slangy style of the language. About the most Dutch I know is 'Ik hou ook van jou' because I was friends with a lady from there back when I did computer art and we worked together on projects. I know even less German.
    Aetherian ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Phael
    No, it's Afrikaans, a Dutch-based language, primarily used by white Africans. But just because it is related to Dutch, doesn't mean it's th same language - Spanish and Romanian are related too, but two completely different languages.
    Phael ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von Phael Beitrag anzeigen
    No, it's Afrikaans, a Dutch-based language, primarily used by white Africans. But just because it is related to Dutch, doesn't mean it's th same language - Spanish and Romanian are related too, but two completely different languages.
    Wow pretty good. I didn't think anyone here would recognise my language. I can also understand a little bit of German because Afrikaans is based on Dutch which in turn is based on German, but not nearly enough to understand the German on these threads.
    Donkerman ist offline

10. #10 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Donkerman Beitrag anzeigen
    Wow pretty good. I didn't think anyone here would recognise my language. I can also understand a little bit of German because Afrikaans is based on Dutch which in turn is based on German, but not nearly enough to understand the German on these threads.
    Well, I have to adimt, it helped that you mentioned it in your post.
    But don't worry about the German postings in this sub-forum. Most of it isn't important and the essential parts are in English. But if you really want to know what somebody wrote, just ask and I'm sure someone will translate it.

But I agree, that the people here should mainly write in English - that would help the Modding Community a lot.
    Phael ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Aetherian
    Yeah, the fact he mentioned it in his post should have tipped me off. I just recognised some words and similarities with my friends native language and just assumed it was Dutch.
    Aetherian ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Einmalposter
    Zitat Zitat von Donkerman Beitrag anzeigen
    Ek gaan dit nie begryp nie - een von ons hier in die wereld van Gothic die Afrikaans kan praat...
    Westfale ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren
    General Avatar von Korianous
    This line of discussion has inspired me to write some tutorials, in Bengali .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Korianous ist offline

14. #14 Zitieren
    Ranger
    Zitat Zitat von Westfale Beitrag anzeigen
    Ek gaan dit nie begryp nie - een von ons hier in die wereld van Gothic die Afrikaans kan praat...
    Hoekom is dit so moeilik om te begryp, die wereld is vol Gothic aanhangers?

Dit klink meer soos hollands vir my, maar dis n goeie probeer slag. Is jy van Nederland af of het jy google translator gebruik?

Ek dink die Bengali mense sal baie bly wees!
    Donkerman ist offline

15. #15 Zitieren
    Okay, although I think I can at least make some sense out of that, wouldn't you like to go back speaking English, since that's the topic of this thread?

Or else I start writing in Viennese, and you wouldn't want that to happen, do you?
    Phael ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Akagi
    Zitat Zitat von Phael Beitrag anzeigen
    Okay, although I think I can at least make some sense out of that, wouldn't you like to go back speaking English, since that's the topic of this thread?

Or else I start writing in Viennese, and you wouldn't want that to happen, do you?
    ¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!
    Akagi ist offline