Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 21 bis 40 von 43
  1. #21 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Powaz
    Now this is not that important, but what about a black sky and chains of lightning in the horizon visible from the shores of the island? Well everybody's talking about these magical storms and that they don't hit the island, so it would be nice to see them around the island cuz Jan said they're visible.
    Powaz ist offline

2. #22 Zitieren
    banned Avatar von necromancerZ
    First of all, I just finished the game and I love every minute of it. It's even better than notr for me. Anyway, what I would like to see is:

1. The game shouldn't end after you beat the boss.

2. Most importantly. MAYHEM AREAS. I explain in a minute what i mean. So I know in Risen the monsters are hard for the nubs so that's why monsters are not respawned so the noobs can run around freely. This problem could be solved by separated areas like cemeteries and smaller battlefields, with signs in front of them like let's say red skulls, and in that area every day the monsters would respawn. So when the main quest is finished players could go back and hunt and kill. I even thought about different difficulty mayhem areas like and easy one with wolfves and boars indicated by 1 red skull (or whatever ) a medium difficulty with skeletons and ghouls indicated by 2 red skulls and high difficulty with tons of ogres and ashbeasts. This way the game could be played forever and when all the chest are emptied the player would still have income from the skins.

3. More everyday activities for the players like never ending arena challenge possibility in towns, a bigger bows only arena for rangers, and moving target shooting challenge for rangers. In the hoerhouse the players should armwrestle and fistfight to access some hard to get hoers.

Well, those are the main improvements I thought of at the moment.
    necromancerZ ist offline

3. #23 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Zitat Zitat von necromancerZ Beitrag anzeigen
    1. The game shouldn't end after you beat the boss.
    This is what I would like, the option to continue playing and exploring....
    supersize ist offline

4. #24 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I want to craft my own staff and axe, not just sword, they should have some broken staff you can reforge too(may be something like Berengir's staff ).

Scrolls should cost more(a lot more), more offensive and summon spell, only Inferno and Fred are not enough and disappointing.

More faction but only if it done right.

Dual Wielding.
    Felix88 ist offline Geändert von Felix88 (20.10.2009 um 18:18 Uhr)

5. #25 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    1) More diverse paths to victory, Risen is way too linear once you join one of the factions.
    In Gothic 2, all the three factions were much more separated, each with their own unique quests, headquarters - in Risen, Inquisition/Mages paths all lead to the Monastery, so basically there are only two ways to complete the game. Even if you join the Don, you end up working for Inquisition anyway.

What I LIKE in Risen is that factions aren't clearly evil or good. It's really nice.

2) Even more choices in quests, more alternate solutions, even more consequences of your decisions (so that the choices early on in the game lead to some surprises towards the end).

3) Less combat heavy towards the end.

4) More memorable, spooky characters (like Xardas).

5) Even better story, with more unexpected twists and turns. More surprises that make the player say "wow!".

6) Introduce an ELITE FORCE OF INQUISITION - something like Paladins trained in the art of fighting with two handed swords, wearing unbelievably cool armor.

[Bild: 2nqf9qu.jpg]
    Speakerpankratz ist offline Geändert von Speakerpankratz (20.10.2009 um 22:02 Uhr)

6. #26 Zitieren
    Knight Commander
    I'd say,

Gameplay:
    1)

Better armour and helmet design along with a larger variety. For instance, a bandit shouldn't progress from hunter to fighter but instead have a choice between them with more powerful armour available with rank. Also, heavy armours should either reduce speed or reduce the resistances (fire,ice,etc) so that it really matters what armour the player chooses in the above example. There should be a lot more helmets.

For the design, well there should be much more metal even in the armour of the white-robes. To preserve the meaningfulness of their informal name, they should have long white tunics.

2)
    More choice of handcrafted items. Just manufacturing swords and jewellery isn't enough. There should be option to craft things like axes, staves, etc.

3)
    More variety of beasts - the vultures are just too overused. Quest related beasts should have special names but those names should also be used for other beasts, quest related or not, in other areas. That way, the player can't always be sure that a quest will be completed if some scurrying stingrats around are killed.

4)
    More variety in music along with more 'presence' of the music. The music in Gothic 2 was optimal. Better power attack yells. NH should also taunt human and humanoid enemies during combat mode. (Like yelling, "You bloody little b*****ds" at gnomes)

5)
    A much larger world. Also, teleportation should have a special 'loading screen' which is just some magical effects all over the screen while the relevant data loads.

Graphics:
    1)

Better rain effects. There should be many many more raindrops as compared to the current state.
    [Technical] If the number of particles significantly affects performance, then make particles be large and use a different texture to represent many raindrops. Not sure how that would impact performance, though.[/Technical]

2)
    Many more faces per gender so that NPCs are more unique. Also, make variations of bodies such as fat men and women, old ones, emaciated ones, youngish fellows, muscular ones, etc.

3)

Involve much more physics in animation. I don't advocate oblivionesque exaggeration but nevertheless, physics should affect animation. For instance, if the player, while running, collides with an NPCs, it should be realistic, along with suitable responses. Also, on collision with the environment, the player or NPC should fall over if appropriate.

Also, things like hanging vines and ropes should properly collide with things. Bushes and all should shake if things pass through them.

Oh, and by the way, remember to include an alarm which can be set by the player. It should force the player to save and exit the first peaceful moment (non-combat) after the timer runs out. This would be a godsend to players like me who can stay playing for hours without any concern.
    Nisarg ist offline

7. #27 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Would it be possible to programing the fighting system in a way that if you hit a monster once with a serious blow, that this monster can only continue the fight with half or quarter strength?

Or it could try to escape when it realizes it's to hurt to continue the fight?

Other improvements:

- at least double the world size
    - more towns one bigger city
    - more factions guilds with in the city/ towns
    - a dense forest with huge trees and an elvish folk
    - a circus and gypsy's
    - decent looking characters more faces and more people in the city.
    Harbor -town appears abandoned.
    - textures on some walls don't look credible!
    - a market place more merchandise in stores more stores!
    - more armor and weapons, more useful things to craft
    - thicker story ad some excitement and emotion.
    - more thieve and assassin skills to develop, torture skills.
    - more and better magic spells maybe add pagan magic or gypsy curses or elvish spells.

I can think of many more things to improve on for the next PB game, Risen 2 or what ever.

edit: I also think it's time for PB to think about a group system that can be used or not to solve quests. I'd be happy with a group of up to 4 characters.
    Bruell ist offline Geändert von Bruell (26.10.2009 um 21:26 Uhr)

8. #28 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    -A more in-depth crafting system, I'd love each section of crafting to be like a minigame where your actions and skill rank define many individual properties of the weapon like damage, attack speed, reach etc. I'd also like to see armor crafting, and of course creating bows, arrows, magical staves etc. You can also "shape" the weapon to your liking to make it look unique.

-Combat stances, I'd love to see different stances for melee and ranged fighting.

-A more varied magic system utilizing runes or whatever. The runes function could change in the same way as combat stances mentioned above, e.g. the fire crystal could fire quick blasts, slow charged fireballs or an aoe firestorm depending on your stance, and maybe right click could come into play with more defensive abilities like a fire shield, fire nova etc.

-I'd love to see well done shapeshifting magic actually...

-I've been toying with the idea of an elvish-like race, but the last thing I want is some pansy superwise cliche'd high elves poncing around the nameless hero... I'm trying to imagine elves that actually look creepy and menacing, maybe with elements from the Morlocs in H.G.Wells' time machine. Yeah, most of them would be hostile, bloodthirsty cannibals, with a few NPCs you can actually communicate with (think Ur Shak)

-I would actually like some steampunk elements in the game, but not too heavy, maybe some slightly crazed mage or something who has created a weird mechanical tower, mechanical golems and such. Maybe he could even have an "experimental weapon" (i.e. some weird steampunk musket or whatnot) that he'd give you to try out as a quest (it would blow up in your face or something, injuring you )

-I'd love it if you could travel to another part of the island by boat as a passenger in real game time, with a possibility of a corsair or sea monster attack. You would have the choice to "sleep until arrival" of course if you don't feel like waiting out the trip or don't want to encounter enemies.

-SWIMMING AND DIVING please!!! It would also be great if certain parts of the island were inspired from Santorini, it's got some pretty amazing terrains and rock formations and some traditional grotto-houses look amazing.
    Heart Collector ist offline

9. #29 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Stalagmite
    To add more:

Zitat Zitat von Heart Collector Beitrag anzeigen
    -A more in-depth crafting system, I'd love each section of crafting to be like a minigame where your actions and skill rank define many individual properties of the weapon like damage, attack speed, reach etc. I'd also like to see armor crafting, and of course creating bows, arrows, magical staves etc. You can also "shape" the weapon to your liking to make it look unique.
    This sounds excellent. On a less maticulate level of course, if they focus too much on tiny details and less atmoshphere that would make it more like Elder Shits IV: Oblivious

-I would actually like some steampunk elements in the game, but not too heavy, maybe some slightly crazed mage or something who has created a weird mechanical tower, mechanical golems and such. Maybe he could even have an "experimental weapon" (i.e. some weird steampunk musket or whatnot)
    This don't sound too bad either.

- making it more difficult to join a faction
    - More books and history
    - Knowing more about the fucking Mainland
    - Memorable characters that you grow to like, not just some sexy woman who exchanges flirts with you every step of the way; think Gorn, Lester, Milton, and Diego, Lee was a badass leader of the mercenary camp in the G's, while Don Estabaun (sounds like some Italian male sex icon lol) sits on his ass surrounded by guards and gold he collects.
    -secret skills, I hate it how you know every single fucking skill right from the get-go on your character sheet, it worked ok in G3 being a larger game with harder to find trainers, but slacked a bit on risen which is more condensed.
    Stalagmite ist offline Geändert von Stalagmite (27.10.2009 um 19:44 Uhr)

10. #30 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Zitat Zitat von Heart Collector Beitrag anzeigen
    -I've been toying with the idea of an elvish-like race, but the last thing I want is some pansy superwise cliche'd high elves poncing around the nameless hero... I'm trying to imagine elves that actually look creepy and menacing, maybe with elements from the Morlocs in H.G.Wells' time machine. Yeah, most of them would be hostile, bloodthirsty cannibals, with a few NPCs you can actually communicate with (think Ur Shak)
    Great! how's about some dark elves like Drizzt Do Urden?

But please don't dismiss the idea of some fair looking elves, and they don't have to be snobs.... I just love the idea of elves in tree houses in a dense forest.

Thinking of a dense forest I'd also like the idea of some witches with a unique magic style and herbal skills.
    Bruell ist offline

11. #31 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Heart Collector
    Zitat Zitat von Bruell Beitrag anzeigen
    Great! how's about some dark elves like Drizzt Do Urden?

But please don't dismiss the idea of some fair looking elves, and they don't have to be snobs.... I just love the idea of elves in tree houses in a dense forest.

Thinking of a dense forest I'd also like the idea of some witches with a unique magic style and herbal skills.
    Hehe, don't get me wrong, I like Elvish races in games, but I think that a more feral, cruel version would be more in tune with a PB game than your typical fair elf.

They wouldn't be demonically corrupt or something, at least not directly, I picture them more as a once great society devolved into tribal warfare, murder, rape and cannibalism, but retaining some twisted traits of their glorious past. A bit like the Dark Eldar in Warhammer (and 40k), but actually having a more feral, gritty, primitive look as opposed to the velcro-s&m-vampiric stuff of WAR.

As for the witches in the forests, druids would be nice to elaborate on, I love shapeshifting classes and if there's one thing WoW got right it was the Druid class (the only reason I sometimes pick up the game again)
    Heart Collector ist offline

12. #32 Zitieren
    The main problem is the end of the first chapter, it kicks you right into the main thing from the start. That's because Mendoza knows everything anout those discs from the beginning and tells the hero too much.

I think Mendoza should play dumb in the first three chapters and only show his true intentions in the end, too bad he reveals everything about the titans and why the temples have risen before chapter 2.

In my opinion the second and the third chapters should order the player to learn about these things:
    A) Why have the temples risen from the earth
    B) What was that mage who banned the gods and what did he do.
    C) How to open the door to the Volcano (find the mystery of the crystal discs)
    D) The story of the Saurians and their intentions.

And the main things there's not enough interaction with characters, by example Eldric, he's probably my favorite game character overall in gaming history, but there's just not enough of him, same's with Don. Right Don takes back the city and that's it? I was really dissapointed of him.

So the story is very good, it's just too fast moving really.
    Me on story development
    Powaz ist offline

13. #33 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von Fuel
    BTW, Drizzt Do'urden is the most clichéd fictional character. Ever.
    Fuel ist offline

14. #34 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    well the fair elves could still be part of the game somewhere along a quest and an occasional one in the town maybe. And if you don't like em because they are to snobbish, just beat em up. At least they are renown as great archers.

I know they don't quite fit into the Gothic/Risen world but since they are fantasy characters I vote for that they are not totally out of place.

Let's just have them in one nice valley with their tall trees and tree houses, so at least we can get to see some more architectural variety.

Them and the Druids could share common grounds and wisdom.
    Bruell ist offline Geändert von Bruell (19.11.2009 um 01:28 Uhr)

15. #35 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.
    well the fair elves could still be part of the game somewhere along a quest and an occasional one in the town maybe. And if you don't like em because they are to snobbish, just beat em up. At least they are renown as great archers.

I know they don't quite fit into the Gothic/Risen world but since they are fantasy characters I vote for that they are not totally out of place.

Let's just have them in one nice valley with their tall trees and tree houses, so at least we can get to see some more architectural variety.

Them and the Druids could share common grounds and wisdom.
    I wouldn't mind fair looking elves. Only there's a catch.
    Fair does not mean they have empathy, and live peaceful among humans.
    Rather opposite. They're superior to a human in both strength and magic (more like a human with strength on in a crysis suit you could say), they're cunning, brutal, dangerous and certainly not on good terms with humans.
    They're few though, but it makes an interesting late story enemy. Much more interesting than your usual elite lizards/orcs who don't speak.
    Now unnaturaly strong but fair elves massacring raiding a village, turning it into a massacre, seems much more brutal than some simple lizards or orcs.
    RobinHood 13. ist offline

16. #36 Zitieren
    I actually like the idea of feral elves. Bloodthirsty beasts roaming their once beautiful kingdom ruins. Eating human fresh... slaughtering everyone.
    Powaz ist offline

17. #37 Zitieren
    Zitat Zitat von Powaz Beitrag anzeigen
    I actually like the idea of feral elves. Bloodthirsty beasts roaming their once beautiful kingdom ruins. Eating human fresh... slaughtering everyone.
    Keep in mind, they're not mindless, they're quite inelligent, so they're quite sophisticated, but more like sharing a common hate for humans, showing them no mercy.
    Eating humans, no. Killing them just for the sport of it, yes!

18. #38 Zitieren
    But that destroys the uniqueness, if they are intelligent and agile and etc they're nothing different from any other elves except they hate humans, but these kind of elves were introduced in Sapkowskis books about the Wiedzmin Geralt.

I would take elves as bloodthirsty beast and make them feral and eating human fresh. They have intelligence, but live in a tribal society or something.
    Powaz ist offline

19. #39 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Bruell
    Aren't Elves besides being fair, supposed to be wise?

What happened to the wise elves of Tolkien? or am I confusing the subject with the famous wise Owl?

Anyway, assuming the elves to being wise folk, how can they possibly hate humans? Wisdom is a state of mind beyond hate and fear.

Actually them Elves are supposed to have empathy with us human.
    If they are superior to us (in which ways ever) then they cant possibly be burdened with the same primitive mind set (e.g. hate) such as us humans.
    Bruell ist offline

20. #40 Zitieren
    Anyway, assuming the elves to being wise folk, how can they possibly hate humans? Wisdom is a state of mind beyond hate and fear.
    That's your ideal of what wice.
    If you have great wisdom that does not mean you're beyond hate and fear.
    You may as well see the exact opposite, so can't just see the connection.

Also when I said hate for humans, I didn't mean just that. Their visuals are just like what you would expect from a normal elf, but elves are ususally portrayed as good. Not the case here.
    It's no good or evil, but the fact remains the elves are your enemy and they fight guerilla warfare against the human race, very effectively.

Seite 2 von 3 « Erste 123 Letzte »