Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline

[Discussion Thread] Ironkeep Modder's Compendium

Hey,

This is the thread to discuss the Ironkeep Modder's Compendium. If you have comments, feedback, or issues, here's where to tell me about it. If you think I missed something, can't understand it, or have a specific issue you want me to cover, let me know, and I will do my best to answer and/or revise the tutorial to help you .

- Korianous
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Geändert von Korianous (08.10.2009 um 18:55 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    If anything is to make me try modding again after my failure with the basic tutorial it will be this guide

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Little confusion in the opening post:
    The compendium is strongly focused on G2 modding, but if you have the basics, you should be able to port your knowledge over to G2 with little trouble.
    So, focused on g2, but able to port on G1, or the other way around?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

Korianous ist offline
    Typo . Thanks Larisa. You should be able to port your knowledge to G1 modding with no trouble is what I meant to say.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    is it dead ?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von KGS Beitrag anzeigen
    is it dead ?
    Not at all, just suffering from a lack of free time on my part. Is there anything specific you'd like me to write tutorials about? I'm more than happy to take requests, assuming it's something I know how to approach and would be feasible to write a tutorial for.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    General Avatar von KGS

KGS ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Not at all, just suffering from a lack of free time on my part. Is there anything specific you'd like me to write tutorials about? I'm more than happy to take requests, assuming it's something I know how to approach and would be feasible to write a tutorial for.
    hmm i'll think of something when i start trying to mod again

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice Avatar von FlyingInABlueDream

FlyingInABlueDream ist offline

[Gothic 2: NotR modding]

I've got some questions regarding the compiling section of the guide. I didn't quite understand it, so I'll just ask the stuff:
    Basically when I want to see the stuff I'm changing, I'm doing the next:

1. edit the scripts(ones in Gothic game _work folder) using Crimson Editor with syntax high-lightning (I got familiar with the stuff, I do have some basic programming knowledge)
    2. use GothicStarter_mod.exe to parse the scripts, start the editor and then make an ou.bin file
    3. then I use GothicVDFS.exe to build a volume (for example GothicGame_MyMod.mod) with *.bin and *.dat filemasks and path set to Gothic folder
    4. then I copy the GothicGame.ini and make a GothicGame_MyMod.ini with corrections under file and title paragraphs

After I do this, I can start my mod from GothicStarter_mod.exe
    Anyway, I'm just asking is this correct way to do this?
    Because every time I edit something, I have to delete the ou.bin and ou.csl files to prevent them from becoming big (they should be around 6 and 7mb I think) and to prevent Spacer from displaying double entries in Output Units window.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von FlyingInABlueDream Beitrag anzeigen
    1. edit the scripts(ones in Gothic game _work folder) using Crimson Editor with syntax high-lightning (I got familiar with the stuff, I do have some basic programming knowledge)
    2. use GothicStarter_mod.exe to parse the scripts, start the editor and then make an ou.bin file
    3. then I use GothicVDFS.exe to build a volume (for example GothicGame_MyMod.mod) with *.bin and *.dat filemasks and path set to Gothic folder
    4. then I copy the GothicGame.ini and make a GothicGame_MyMod.ini with corrections under file and title paragraphs

After I do this, I can start my mod from GothicStarter_mod.exe
    Anyway, I'm just asking is this correct way to do this?
    Because every time I edit something, I have to delete the ou.bin and ou.csl files to prevent them from becoming big (they should be around 6 and 7mb I think) and to prevent Spacer from displaying double entries in Output Units window.
    1. right
    2. Since you start the spacer anyway, you can reparse the scripts with it, a bit easier to do all steps in one tool, imho. In there (from my mind) ... you have to "reparse scripts" -> load ou's (in the output unit - window in the spacer), update them and save them. (That way they don't grow such big).
    3. Not necessary, only when you release a mod.
    4. right

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Apprentice Avatar von FlyingInABlueDream

FlyingInABlueDream ist offline
    Well, something's just not working again, I've tried all sorts of things and Spacer still displays double stuff and ou.bin file gets kinda large when I save the Output Units thing, meh, maybe modding just isn't for me, thanks for the help though, I'll try it all over again this weekend.