Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 41
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Th13f
    As you may know, the mad scientists at PB have been working hard on their latest creation. The result of their work was an evil AI more diabolical and sadistic than ever . To avoid a close encounter with the dirt under your feet, I've come up with a few tips.

Don't panic. Always keep your cool, keep your eyes on the oponent and keep your guard up.

The enemy will try to bait you into letting your guard down to strike. Watch their movements closely and do not rush into the heat of battle like a wolf amongst sheep, it will only get you killed.

Take your time and wait for an opening. Wait for your oponent to make a mistake, then strike. Learn to time your attacks, if you strike too early or too late, its over.

A good ideea is to corner your oponent, prevent them from dodging and eliminate the threat of a nasty surprise strafe to your side. Just 2-3 blows taken will knock you down most of the times.

When facing multiple oponents, try to get them into a narrow space. They tend to do like the minecrawlers in G1: circle you and attack you from all directions. A last resort situation is to get your back against a wall or into a corner. This will get you cornered and a potential subject to a continuus pounding, but it might also save your skin from a humiliating defeat.

I prefer quick successions of strikes and blocks. Also, wait for when your oponent repositiones himself. That's when he'll lower his guard. The counter blocks are also very useful. Time them well and you will be able to turn the tides in a fight.

If your HP are down, try to get some space between you and your foe and drink a potion. The secret of doing it without being hit is to move constantly. Adding the potions to the quickslot is a lifesaver.

All weapon types are equally effective. Getting used to the advantages and disadvantages quickly will help you later on. Another advice is to try to focus on one weapon type. Its the quickest way to success.
    Th13f ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von nirolF
    You forgot about: save! save! save!

BTW: if you damage an enemy, save and then load the game does his life regenerates like in G3?
    nirolF ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Th13f
    No, it doesn't. Only once it happened to me.

BTW, some moderator should post this as a sticky thread, it might save a lot of time and answer some questions. Sorry for the double post, but I had to get this on the front page.
    Th13f ist offline Geändert von foobar (02.10.2009 um 16:32 Uhr) Grund: double post

4. #4 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I'll think about it. But I don't want to have too many sticky thread. How about we generalize this thread and make it a "hints and tricks" thread for all kinds of problems?
    foobar ist gerade online

5. #5 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von cifre
    Combat related:
    Some may find it easier to press "left/right + space bar" to dodge, than to double tap left/right. same applies for fend back.

Because I see that some people complain of the fighting system and they are less willing to discover the greatest fighting system that ever been into a game (congrats PB) I will do some explanations on how the fighting works. Hope it will give some of them a clear sight. Other people can participate in to add things I miss here.

Explanation for how sword fighting works. I will up-date it while I raise in level.
    1. Level one:
    - you can only block (with shield or a weapon). Some creatures/npcs can open your block provided they have enough skills or power, some animals attacks, simply negates your weapon blocking and go through it which makes it obsolete.
    - you can only do a 3 attack combo. It goes from up-right to down-left, then from up-left to down-right and the last one going from above the head towards front which also gives a damage bonus. To have a combo, you can do a bit button smashing but it will not be successful every time as you need to time them. To have a successful one, you have to time them and get you "inside the period" to push the button exactly when you need. I say period because the timing can be done, depending on the player's skills, in two different ways: you can click precisely and the combo goes very fast and you can click more slowly and the combo is gonna be evidently slower but though I am not sure, I think it gives some bonuses on damage for every hit successfully timed.
    - you can dodge sides and fend back. That is done by double tapping left/right or back. It gives another dimension to the fight as you can plan other strategies to defeat your opponent, especially at the beginning when on low level. This is best used on animals and especially when they attack with front power attack (which usually gets your guard opened). Side step also gives you the chance for a counter attack on the side of the opponent.

2. Level 2:
    - beside level 1 block, you can parry. To be able to make a successful parry + hit back, hold still, wait for the opponent to come to you and right click very fast and short exactly when the opponent is starting his hit and left click immediately to give a blow into his open guard. (this is not a trick but rather an explanation for how this should work as I found it pretty hard in the beginning to make it). Parrying, practically is a blade raising above the head in an horizontal position, which makes the opponent's weapon to bounce off and open his guard for a few moments, giving you the time to slash him for at least one hit. This, as the trainer says, it require exercise and in due time you should be able to do it by moving around and not standing still anymore. Do it when alone and make the difference to your fingers to know exactly how to push for block and how to push for parry, as you tend to block all the time usually. Parrying is the most great addition to the fighting system in my opinion but the most harder to be controlled. Don't try this on animals as it will make you look silly :P
    - attacking remains the same as on level 1.

3. Level 3:
    - block and parry from earlier levels are the same.
    - attacking has a very nice addition which made the G1&2 fighting system the number one in my tops until now. Side hits. Side hits are, beside their cool look, very good against side steppers and fools some of them with the second blow in the combo. You can hit from left to right and from right to left with a broad wide range of reaching your opponent. To do it successfully and easy, you can press left click + left/right which will give the direction of attack. To make it easier, move around your opponent and while moving left or right click the left mouse button. Other than that you can continue the combo by clicking the left mouse button again when the first one finished. Here is again about timing the second blow. When pressing right + left click, the hero will hit from left to right, but be careful he's gonna leave himself with open guard, left click again and the hero will make a 360* turn exactly like in G games. Left + left click will make the hero slashing from right to left, being a faster hit; clicking again will make him doing a very nice and original move by rotating his arm over the head and giving a blow from right to leftt. The third blow that can be done to finish the combo will be exactly like the one from level 1, meaning from above the head to front - this is the same for left side blow and right side blow. Again exercise this to get it right. This attacks are good against wolfs.

4. Level 4:
    - your counter parry from level 2 becomes from a defense move an attack one. He hits from down to up and can do the same thing as level 2 parrying but can also harm the opponent. What is even better is that from this hit/parry, the sword stance after hitting remains for a few time above your left shoulder which gives the chance for a very fast strike on the opponent's open guard if a left click is timed.

5. Level 5:
    - you can combine more blows on the standard attack. the standard gets one hit more (a turn around move) in the combo. Good against beasts.

6. Level 6:
    - you can wield bastard swords in one hand. I thin it's clear enough.

7. Level 7:
    - You can charge your attacks. This is very good against tough opponents as it gives extra bonus to the damage. It takes a few moments which gives the opponent the time to strike you so this has to be carefully planned. Just keep a bit longer the button pressed and the hero will charge. Works for each strike regardless the combo, beside the parry (right mouse button). A good strategy amongst the players is to fend back (double tap back key) and then charge standard attack (first hit) then continue with standard attack until finish fend back again. This can kill an ash beast without too much problems. A charged attack on an opponent who's blocking, leaves him with open guard.

8. Level 8:
    - you can interrupt a counter-parry by your opponent. This was a bit tricky for me in the beginning to understand. I saw later the difference that in fact this means that when your opponents, if they do the counter-parry while you just launched a blow over them, can normally leave you with your guard opened and they can strike you immediately. Now, because of the new skill, you are not able to do anything more but they are gonna have the same incapacity as their sword will bounce off as well and cannot carry out the further strike anymore, so their counter-parry abilities become useless. This is rather an in-game character improvement and not a trick that the player can do, it does not influence your personal ability.

9. Level 9:
    - you can use two-handed swords in one hand. I think it's clear enough. The stance of the hero is changed as well. As a personal opinion I hate this big time, as two handed swords are loosing their fancy stance and combos and one handed swords, almost all of them, become useless due to their low damage. In fact this is the only bad part on the whole fighting system in my view.

10. Level 10:
    - You can combine any amount of attack blows. That's useless and even the trainer tells you that . Now the hero should have the ability to combine blows so that he can go with them and never have an "end" hit. I hope the devs didn't do any mistake, as I was having this ability from level 3: combining different blows and avoid hitting the last hit so I could go forever with that. I don't know if level 10 gives any extra damage, but from now on I will avoid spending 10 LPs and 1000 Gold for this one (and level 9 as well as I hate two handers in one hand, they just look silly and all the pros and cons on the one and two handed swords are lost and they ruin the fighting).

I'll try the axes next ones.

With just a few levels and a rich imagination, you can have a great fighting experience. This is even more enriched by the fact there are 3 types of melee fighting.
    Lo there do I see my father,
    Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers,
    Lo there do I see the line of my people - back to the beginning,
    Lo they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them
    In the halls of Valhalla,
    Where the brave may live... forever.
    cifre ist offline Geändert von cifre (12.10.2009 um 10:43 Uhr) Grund: continuation

6. #6 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Th13f
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll think about it. But I don't want to have too many sticky thread. How about we generalize this thread and make it a "hints and tricks" thread for all kinds of problems?
    Good enough. Or you can copy and paste the hints I posted in another thread. Its not that I care for my thread being sticked, I just thought this would be helpful, so if you want to move those tips to another thread, go ahead, I don't mind at all. You don't have to ask me for permission to do it.
    Th13f ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Any chance that the German database will be translated into English?
    Also, is it planed to be made an offline application like those for Gothic?
    nirolF ist offline

8. #8 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von Mayaam
    When you have problems with enemy, you can learn scroll writing at Monastery to have permanent companion. Just create many skeleton scrolls. Fred is nice tank, can deal some damage, and he is not time limited and that makes him so good. Also you can heal him with scrolls, so..
    Mayaam ist offline

9. #9 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von nirolF Beitrag anzeigen
    Any chance that the German database will be translated into English?
    Let's wait until it is complete. Then we'll see what can be done.
    foobar ist gerade online

10. #10 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von UR1Z13L
    if you get tired of the fighting system try repeating backstep+charged attack - kills everything and is easy to get the hang of it
    UR1Z13L ist offline

11. #11 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    You can use an ax's powered up hit to usually to get a hit in. If you power it up the enemy will let his guard down for his attack but you will usually hit him first.
    Daffas ist offline

12. #12 Zitieren
    Apprentice Avatar von wcpaeb
    I have made an empty map of the world. Nothing special. Actually, i take a map from the german forum, i resized it and i put it in an A4 page sheet with plenty of free space, so someone can write down notes.

Maybe we can make some maps with special locations/items, caves, important NPC's and things like that as in the World of Gothic forum.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Empty Risen Map.jpg  
    If you spend all your time trying, then all you're doing is trying. So don't try. Just do.

wcpaeb ist offline

13. #13 Zitieren

Here is a complete map of all 14 teleport stones with description (now in english):

http://www.worldofrisen.de/images/ri...portstones.jpg
    foobar ist gerade online

14. #14 Zitieren

There are two rings in the game that give you +1 to sword combat each. This means even mages or order warriors can get to sword combat level 9 and wield 2H weapons with one hand - if they are willing to sacrifice these two slots.

One ring is in the cave under the volcano fortress (entrance is in the forest south of the fortress). The other ring is in a treasure chest guarded by some ghouls in the cave which leads from the south eastern coast to the east coast.

Using Aric's sword with both rings can give you sword combat level 10 with unlimited combos but the damage of that sword is rather low for later chapters.
    foobar ist gerade online

15. #15 Zitieren
    Local Hero Avatar von mihail
    if you want level 10 sword and also to become a mage you could put all your first 9 lvl points in sword fighting before you choose a side.....Fincher , in don s camp will teach you max sword and you can see him befor joining....I M NOT SURE IT CAN BE DONE BUT I DON T SEE WHY NOT.
    mihail ist offline

16. #16 Zitieren
    i think he will only teach you if you are a bandit and probably there's also a quest or a chapter needed before he will train you past a certain level.

For example the teachers for lock picking and pickpocketing in the harbor can train you the 3th level only after you've chosen the don's side (as far as I know)
    nirolF ist offline

17. #17 Zitieren

Zitat Zitat von nirolF Beitrag anzeigen
    i think he will only teach you if you are a bandit and probably there's also a quest or a chapter needed before he will train you past a certain level.
    No, I tried it and it really works. As long as you do not belong to any faction and have already gained access to the Don, Fincher will train you up the max. level of sword combat. Since it is possible to reach level 10 before having to choose a faction, you can theoretically master the sword and then still become mage or order warrior.
    foobar ist gerade online

18. #18 Zitieren
    Veteran Avatar von Takuu
    If you chose to go first into the swamp train there your strength to 30 and then buy the 48 dmg axe from Oscar. In one treasure chest in the swamp there is a ring for +1 axe skill.

If you do this you will have absolutely no trouble beating all the guys in the arena, for instance I won against Borgar with just 3 charge hits.

its a good way to start...
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded
    Takuu ist offline

19. #19 Zitieren
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Lazor
    Make traps your "friend" Use them to your advantage!

Traps are not made to kill you. They're made to kill anyone messing around with them .

So next time you fight a huge group of Saurians in a room with a spike trap right in the middle do the following:
    1. Poke fun at your enemies, and make sure you have a deadly angry enemy hunting you to death.
    2. Jump over a spike trap, or simply walk around it, and make sure that your enemy will somehow step on the trap
    3. Apparently every non-hero creature on this island wears some magical shoes that don't activate any trap while they're stepping into it. So you have to act. You can't let that bug ruin your game. You have to activate the trap and make sure the game remains realistic . Head towards your enemy, who's on a spike trap coming to you, and a carefully get as near to the trap as possible. The trap will be activated, the enemy will die, and the trap will earn some exp, since you won't btw.

Using this method I've managed to kill 3 Elite Lizardmen warriors, without even bothering to draw my sword. Simply and easy. Kinda disappointing that you won't find many traps scattered around the map that often .
    Lazor ist offline Geändert von Lazor (10.10.2009 um 23:38 Uhr)

20. #20 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Eating/drinking: You can do this without watching the animation -go to the character menu (default C) instead of the quick inventory (default TAB) and click on the consumables. You should be able to use 2-3 per second this way, nice when potion supply is low and you'd like to use those 20 pieces of meat instead...
    Does not work while you're in combat though.

Smith using *your* anvil/grind stone/whatever? Don't try to pull him away! Talking, running around in his house and so on will only reset his animation. Continue to bother him and he'll never finish his task.
    Wait the 20-40 secsonds, or find a bed and sleep 'till evening.
    BeZ78 ist offline

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »