Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 11 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 212
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Knight Avatar von Hav'caaren An'givare

Hav'caaren An'givare ist offline

Thumbs up Gothic Total War

I don't know if any of you actually heard of this mod wich will appear somewhere in the begginig of 2010,but a mod like this seems awsome in my opinion .
    Here is the german thread were we can find more info(mainly just screenshots,but I don't need to speak german to understand the sheer awesomeness of this project)
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=629442
    And here is the Gothic-Mod section in the Totalwar-forum.de,were we can see they're progress
    http://www.totalwar-forum.de/wbb/ind...rd&boardID=121
    All the credits go they're respective owners
    http://www.totalwar-forum.de/wbb/ind...=1697&425746fe.
    I can just imagine myself commanding a legion of paladins and militiamen against a troop of orcs .

Also here is the new Hashishin faction
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/go...f176/?95702555
    Geändert von Hav'caaren An'givare (25.12.2009 um 18:56 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Sword Master Avatar von Hampu

Hampu ist offline
    Looks cool indeed, but i wish the unit size isn't so large. Like instead of 100 men in a unit like 40 or so...

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Veteran Avatar von Amon Amarth 930

Amon Amarth 930 ist offline
    I´m a Team-Member and i would try to answer your questions, but my english wasn´t so good.

The unit size was an aspect of balancing, a part of mod-work from me, and i would reduce the size of men in units, but i cant make it too little.

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4

^_^

Well maybe it will be like in Third age TW were you could choose the size of the unit(a typical unit this way can be either of 65 soldiers or 175 soldiers)You could do this in the options menu .
    Either way I'm totally playing this .
    By the way,I think we should all try and leave some kind of comment in the german forum,who knows,maybe in respons to the feedback we,the english speaking part of Gothic World,might recieve a translated version .
    I have a question,in the mappreview I saw some islands,what were those,the Southern Island,the Eastern Archepeligo or something alltogheter new?
    Geändert von Hav'caaren An'givare (27.09.2009 um 15:14 Uhr)

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5

Of course you are able to change the unit size in the normal game options, but also i will decrease the unitsize with modding, so that cavalry units dont have 90 men for example.

The islands you see are probably the Eastern Archepeligo, because we waiting with mapping of the southern islands until we know more about it.

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6

Thumbs up

So this means that you are waiting for a map of the Arcania World.Well this means that you want to introduce The Southern Isles as well,WoW ,this is getting better and better .

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7

Nice that you are like it

But notice that the southern Islands owned by the Slave-Faction.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    I'll be playing this for damn fucking sure as i got all the Total war series up to Medieval 2. For wich one is it anyway?
    Geändert von Omid- (27.09.2009 um 16:10 Uhr)

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9

You will need Medieval 2 Total War + the AddOn Kingdoms.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Dragonslayer Avatar von Omid-

Omid- ist offline
    Ok, thanks.

I'm kinda dissapointed by the maps, the desert mountains have snow on them... did you see snow in Varant? Jharkendar is all green whilst it should be partly desert, party swamp and partly in between. Also Jharkendar contains a lot of mountains in the middle aswell AND again the snowy mountains lol. Khorinis is all green aswell, it should be a little less green but it'd be fine. VoM is weird aswell, it also should be a lot less green. I know this isn't your fault, it's the Total war games that won't let you make a darker enviroment. The green in this game is just too happy for Gothic BUT I DON'T CARE. It's my favourite series and my favourite strategy game in 1! I'd play it for damn sure even with the map faults.

11. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #11

I have a queston,how did you manage to make the mages throw fireballs(I'm sure I've seen this in a screenshot somewhere )?
    And another thing,will there be any rulling faction(you know,like the pope in Medieval 2 ),or is every faction independant?
    Will the orcs be the same faction,or will there be 2 factions,one primitive G1 and G2,and an evolved G3 type?
    And again in the mappreview(tell me if I annoy you with my questions ),I see a fort in Nordmar situated between the Wolf Clan and Hammer Clan called "Grossen Hochofen".
    This should be enough for now .
    By the way omidoow,you can turn the brigthness lower,plus those maps in the TW games are never too very detailed.
    Geändert von Hav'caaren An'givare (27.09.2009 um 16:18 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Knight Commander Avatar von AngelOfGothic

AngelOfGothic ist offline
    Can somebody translate the german thread in english?

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #13

I'm kinda dissapointed by the maps, the desert mountains have snow on them... did you see snow in Varant?
    I never seen snow in varant, but feel free to modify the Strat-Textures and give us them

But i notice your criticism and i will tell "Nevada" our Leader and Mapper also, that.
    He want to rework the map until we know more about the southern islands.
    Also you didnt see the actual map on the screens, some things are changed but that are too little thinks to make a new preview for that ^^

I have a queston,how did you manage to make the mages throw fireballs?
    In the Kingdoms-Campaign "Crusades" are the unit "Greek Flame Throwers" or somethink like that.
    This Attack-Animation combined with the "Naffatun"-Animation looks like the Fireball-Attack in Gothic.

And the firemages kicks ass
    But they are also expensive, but when you get them you are able to change the result of battle. They are very migthy.

Will the orcs be the same faction,or will there be 2 factions,one primitive G1 and G2,and an evolved G3 type?
    Exactly how you said. The G1 and 2 Orcs will be the "Orks des Südens", the "Orks des Nordens" will be the G3 Orcs.

I see a fort in Nordmar situated between the Wolf Clan and Hammer Clan called "Grossen Hochofen".
    I don´t know the english name, but this is the big smith of the Hammerclan, this one which is owned by the orcs.
    I hope you know what i mean ^^

And there will be no pope, and nothing like that.

Feel free to ask what you want

But shame on my terrible english,... its fucking retard - I hope I do not insult anybody inadvertently

Can somebody translate the german thread in english?
    Do you mean all the previews?
    Much work, when now one make that for free - the Team will do it until we release 1.0 in German and translate it then into english.

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #14

The units look awsome,well except for the fact that the militiamen have the leather shoulders too big,and that the knights look a bit strange,I mean you can barely understand how thay actually look(the chainplate seems a bit too dark,even for a Gothic game,I mean It's metal not charcoal).Also the shoulders of the knights are too small for that type of body proportion(oh well maybe it's just me never mind ).Other than that,everything is ok(the paladins look OMG )
    Geändert von Hav'caaren An'givare (27.09.2009 um 17:15 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Lehrling Avatar von weissnicht

weissnicht ist offline
    Hey,
    I´m an ex member of the team ( I left of(for?) private reasons) and saw the "great" english of my friend Amon :P

Myrtana was the first faction we skin (better: I´ve textured :P), and we wasn´t much experienced at that time. (My english isn´t really better then Amons )
    So there was/is the plan to rework them, but Orcs, Assassins etc had to be finished first...
    The knights are fixed, there was an bad Normal Map (thats for units to make the 3D-looking)

I hope I could help a litte bit.

weissnicht

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #16

Wink

So those pics in the preview are old ones,while the team is still making new models and units ,great.
    I have another question,how will you approach the religion system in the mod?(I have an idea,you can make recruitable mages who act like priests who preach,like in vanilla M2TW;the religions should be followers of innos,adanos,beliar and last but not least heretics,only to make things more complicated for eveyone )
    Also wich timeline will the mod follow(in what year do you start to play,what part of the original games storyline,in gothic 1 before the Barrier,or Gothic 2 after the Barrier?)Also will the gameplay be measured in 2 turns per year,or 4 turns per year(I hope I'm not too annoying )

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #17

You don´t anoying me

We have 4 religions, how you said, Innos, Beliar, Adanos and Heretics.
    Every Factions has Priests. The "Söldner" Faction, from Onar, was believe in Adanos.
    This wasnt directly in Gothic but it was on one hand a balancing Aspect and on other hand a gaming aspect.

The Game start in the year 994 after the sleeping of the sleeper.

Cant describe it so good in English, sorry.

The Game starts between the fall of the barrier and the comming of the dragons.
    This was the only startpoint which was practically to convert with Medieval 2.

We have 4 turns per year.

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #18

19. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #19

The dragons will appear, but not on the battlefield.
    Much will be realize via scripts, my job.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Sword Master Avatar von Hampu

Hampu ist offline
    Though dragons would be awesome in total war... Will there be the NH?

Seite 1 von 11 123458 ... Letzte »