Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 3 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 76
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von phalcon005 Beitrag anzeigen
    I am still having game breaking problems with the troll wheel. I've cleared the area, Diego fixes the winch, but when used it turns to the right and then the character is stuck in the action, as if trying to turn it back to the original position. No controls seem to let the character let go, so I have to reload.

It has been several years since my last Gothic play through so I don't know if this was a historically common bug or something specific to this patch. Frustrated I finally learned the cheat console command but Ztrigger Troll_wheel didn't open the gate and unfortunately there isn't a "noclip" mode or equivalent where I can just get through the door to grab the focus and be on my way.

Is there any help for this problem, or do I need to try uninstalling and not using the patch? Thanks for your help!
    Hi Phalcon! Thanks for your input. I will look into your issue, in the meantime, try activating marvin mode and pressing F8 to get out of the stuck position . Or, there is a "blinK" mode, in which you can walk through the door.

Zitat Zitat von Zincarla Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a possible addition you guys might add to your next patch. The spell berserk, I was only able to get that spell through cheats. If you can add it to merchants in chapeter 4 or something, it would cool.
    A lot of things content-wise were removed or commented out in the final release. Some of these features are incomplete, others cause issues, etc. Such content restoration goes beyond the purposes of our patch. So, we won't consider this right now .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #42
    Rookie

phalcon005 ist offline
    Thank you thank you thank you!! F8 in Marvin mode fixed it. The ten or so black goblins were still spawning on me though, again I don't know if that was normal in the original release or if it's something that has been altered by the patch. Far from game stopping as I see it.

This is the first critical problem I've encountered and I started a clean play through with version 0.9.2. I'll let you know if anything else pops up funny in my beta play through of 0.9.2.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43
    Apprentice Avatar von Zincarla

Zincarla ist offline
    You can get the berserk spell through marvin and it works as good as any other spell. Its also described in the Gothic manual, though I don't know why it was not included in the game, an oversight perhaps.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44
    Knight Commander Avatar von AngelOfGothic

AngelOfGothic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Zincarla Beitrag anzeigen
    You can get the berserk spell through marvin and it works as good as any other spell. Its also described in the Gothic manual, though I don't know why it was not included in the game, an oversight perhaps.
    Can you give me the insert code for the berserk scroll/rune pls?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45
    Rookie

AryzTheFenix ist offline
    Does the patch work with existing save games or do you have to start over like you do with the Gothic 2 patch (but I'm imagining that you do in G2 because of the Balance system?)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #46

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AryzTheFenix Beitrag anzeigen
    Does the patch work with existing save games or do you have to start over like you do with the Gothic 2 patch (but I'm imagining that you do in G2 because of the Balance system?)
    You shouldn't have to start over, but you may not see some fixes depending on where you've progressed.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47

Zincarla ist offline
    Can you give me the insert code for the berserk scroll/rune pls?
    When in marvin mode, bring up command console, I believe its F2 to show the console. Type the "Insert" command, then add "itarscrollberzerk" after it, without quotes of coarse, then press enter, a scroll should appear in mid air, pick it up.

If you don't know to activate marvin, type the word "marvin" when you are on the status screen.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48
    Adventurer Avatar von vytaz111

vytaz111 ist offline
    Plz fix bug with spawning summons killing them and gaining xp

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49

Zincarla ist offline
    I noticed another bug that I don't think anybody mentioned. In the Old Mine the first two templers' you find talking to each other, near a mine shaft with some minecrawlers'. One of the templers, I cant remember his name, is missing a voice over, for a part of the dialogue, I wonder if anybody else encountered this.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #50

Korianous ist offline
    Added instructions for international players to the main thread. Please try them and see if they work correctly, if you're not using an English version of Gothic . If it works out alright, subsequent releases will be international.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51
    Rookie

forbjok ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von vytaz111 Beitrag anzeigen
    2.Bug of unlimited meat
    3.Falling with no damage
    4.Bug of becoming Guard and Mage at same time in Old Camp
    Why fix these?
    They're exploits rather than bugs.
    They have no negative impact on the game - you're free to choose not to use them if you don't like them.
    Personally I think they're great - I know for a fact that I would find the game more tedious and less enjoyable if it wasn't for them. (I guess 4 is not very significant, but it IS convenient to be able to get slightly better armor earlier)

So please fix the BAD bugs, not the GOOD ones.
    Crashes and gamebreaking bugs are BAD. Exploits are GOOD.
    Don't force some of us to play without the patch, or using an older version.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #52

Korianous ist offline
    Bug Number 4 is an exploit that could be fixed, as it causes story-related problems, and upsets game-balancing. You really couldn't enjoy the game if we fixed that?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53
    Rookie

forbjok ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Bug Number 4 is an exploit that could be fixed, as it causes story-related problems, and upsets game-balancing. You really couldn't enjoy the game if we fixed that?
    Like I said, no. 4 isn't really significant - just a minor convenience to be able to get a slightly better armor. However, I can't say I've noticed any problems with it.

But no, I wouldn't really care if that was fixed. I just don't see that there is any reason to. JemyM's walkthrough even suggests doing it, so "fixing" it could potentially cause confusion as well, when the described procedure doesn't work as expected.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #54
    Apprentice

Torkon ist offline

Temple Crashes

Alright I downloaded the patch and installed it yet the missing sound file crashes still persist, and now my character is stuck. Running forward will crash the game while turning around and trying to backtrack will cause the game to crash. This is not the Orc Shaman one. This is happening at the long bridge to the small temple near the end of the dungeon. Same error message-different location. Please offer some help. I've tried this patch, reinstalling, everything I can think of, and this is really frustrating considering I'm nearly to the end of the Temple.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #55

Korianous ist offline
    Could you show me the exact error message it gives you, that might rule out some stuff I would initially suggest right away.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #56
    Just arrived

Dimon101 ist offline

Hi. I am getting graphic problems with this game.

I don't know if you guys can help me or fix this problem, but i recently bought "Gothic Universe" and have installed it on my new PC, which is:

Graphics Card: 9800 Nividia

Basically, my graphics keep showing distortion, like a white out when your in "big" areas. I even had this problem when i first started out. Some other problems include that when i talk to people, there dialogue boxes do not match up with when there talking. It's like a slowdowned effect, and i doubt it is my pc causing this. I went into gothic.ini and changed the fog effect thing. It seem not to do much. I also tried to play this in "compatibility mode". Same thing still happens. As much as i fear it, i think it is the engine of this game is wired with some graphical unstabilities. I have not tried out Gothic 2 or 3 yet, but im hoping i don't experience these same problems. I hope you guys can fix this problem in the future maybe. Thanks for all the hard work, and you still got new players trying out this game and using your stuff.

EDIT: forgot to add this: I tried messing around with the grapchical setting inside the game itself, like turning off the sky effects or dumming down the graphics..no good either. I imagine it would work good with my computer, but the plans of mice and men go astray..hehe.Also, i don't know if you guys ever played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, but i got the same problem as when i installed certain mods on there. It basically showed a "straw dummy" as your MC. The same effect happens on here, showing a graphical distortion of your MC and weird radial lines coming out from him on screen. I have not downloaded this patch you guys designed yet, but ill try it out soon.

Updated: I even tried to use the last unofficial k patch..no luck either..sigh...well im gonna keep trying to get it to work good..

After installing your patch: I get this error:

"Gothic 1.08k tried to open address 6CD8A310h and tried to read adress E40BFE24h and caused a violation error"

Below that it said this

"exceptional error: direct3d(1034)"

My version of Direct X is : 11. I tried out directdx and it said everything is working normally.
    Geändert von Dimon101 (27.11.2009 um 22:22 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #57

Korianous ist offline
    Strange. Print a screen of the error log and upload it here, the log should have given more info than that.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #58
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dimon101 Beitrag anzeigen
    "exceptional error: direct3d(1034)"

My version of Direct X is : 11. I tried out directdx and it said everything is working normally.
    Have you tried installing dx 90c?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-442d8712d553

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59

Korianous ist offline
    Ooh, good call Larisa . That may indeed fix your issues. DX10-11 are not backwards compatible, you'll need to install the old DX 9 to have older games full functionality.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #60
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Ooh, good call Larisa . That may indeed fix your issues. DX10-11 are not backwards compatible, you'll need to install the old DX 9 to have older games full functionality.
    I gave that advice based on what I know about Vista, don't know if Win 7 is better on this aspect. It should be, since DX page states : "Windows 7 is fully compatible with games and hardware that use older versions of DirectX".

Seite 3 von 4 « Erste 1234 Letzte »