Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 26 von 26
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Local Hero Avatar von patrunjelu

patrunjelu ist offline
    I was thinking about something simple regarding the updater, so it won't be that complex... keep some data of the program on the hard drive and compare with other data on the server. If the data on the server is newer, an update is available.
    And people will be able to upload their own modified tools (as archives or .exe installers) with only one click. The program will download info on the available new versions/programs by simply checking the directory tree of the server (info on the files will be uploaded automatically by the program. the user will have to write a description or something about the program he's uploading. each program will have it's own description file on the server, which will be downloaded when the user clicks the title of one of the available programs).
    Geändert von patrunjelu (05.08.2009 um 15:17 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    The funny thing is, I was going for a similar file sharing system with a pre-made updater. What sort of server do you have, is it a paid service or are you actually owning the server-pcs or something?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23

patrunjelu ist offline
    It's a server that I am supposed to use for hosting my school's informatics club webiste. But I'm really not into webdesign so I thought that I could just make a little index.html and use the server for something else Meh.
    Currently it's free service but I'm sure that we'll do something more when school starts. Maybe my teacher will pay for a better hosting
    But hey, upload/download works on free service as well :P

A screen with the new menu (far right) and some other changes brought to the inventory screen.
    [Bild: newscreen.jpg]
    Geändert von patrunjelu (05.08.2009 um 17:08 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24

patrunjelu ist offline
    The development of the software is still going on, although I have not posted any news in a long while.
    Right now I'm working on the last of the program algorithms (used to save, load, generate projects/scripts and other misc stuff). I'll also post a screenshot of the Routine Settings tab:
    [Bild: routine_window.jpg]
    @ Korianous and Tratos - sorry for keeping you waiting... These days I've been working really slow

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25
    Apprentice

Havoc104 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von zkajo Beitrag anzeigen
    It's a good thing that there are modding tools who help modders etc. However, i have to say sometimes I'm against them. Your tool seems great, but i want to say something to all those who are new in the Gothic Modding World: DO NOT use tools. They won't teach you anything and if you have troubles with making your own NPC and a dialog, then sorry, but you will fail terribly in the future when you want to make your own, big, awesome mod Experienced ppl - use tools, newcomers - don't. That's what i believe in. Great tool
    I know it's 26 months later now but I really had to quote this because it's THE TRUTH! I'm not a programmer but I do like to make mods for some games and I learned doing it by looking at files, changing them and seeing what happened. Only this way you can make mistakes and your own mistakes are your most important teachers in my opinion. So thumbs up!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26

patrunjelu ist offline
    Man, I used to write some really random, retarded, hacky and shitty code. The interface design is still kinda cool though Was using images from the web with or without copyright like crazy. Good old days, I guess!
    Geändert von patrunjelu (06.01.2013 um 23:46 Uhr)

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12