Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 26
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Local Hero Avatar von patrunjelu

patrunjelu ist offline

[G1] The Gothic NPC script generator Plus!

A re-release/improved version/w/e of my previous Gothic NPC script generator. (you might have never used it since it was in Romanian only).
    This one will be in English so I thought I should advertise it here too. It features lots of changes and improvements since the older versions and of course new stuff. There isn't much to say about it since it's basically a script generating software but I'm sure that modders will find this useful since it takes quite some time to search for items/customize your script/write a script manually. The user can customize his character starting from appearance to the character's multiple routine. The software is project based. This way, the user can modify and re-save a previous script file by loading the previous project.
    I will release it soon enough... In the meantime I'll post some more info and screenshots.
    Here's the first screen (editing the character's inventory - WIP)
    http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../productie.jpg

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Nice Work . Of course, I always recommend learning how to script manually before working with tools, but for experienced modders I think this is great. Keep it up, I'll be watching with interest.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

patrunjelu ist offline
    Thank you a lot for showing interest!
    I also started making a dialogue generator (based on steps and events) and an item generator, but since I was busy at that time with some olympiads and school contests I had to pause the process of development. After finishing the work on the NPC generator, I'd love to resume the development of the other two generators.
    I also recommend learning scripting first! It's a must-do if you want to become a great modder/programmer. But maybe there's a player out there who has a great idea for a mod but might be scared of scripting thinking it's too hard. Maybe after using tools, he might be interested in learning scripting as well!
    If not, then this program is at least a great time saver for more experienced modders.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

patrunjelu ist offline
    Thought I'd keep you informed on the new stuff added to the generator:
    http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../asdsafsaf.jpg
    Added a search-for-items option. Now you don't have to scroll anymore
    Also, for each category of editable NPC options there is a button (check/uncheck - the far right screen) for confirming that the options edited there can be saved. When everything is checked, the script can be saved. This way, users won't be able to forget about editing a property (that might require changing/the user might want to change it) that easily.
    Several design/graphical improvements.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5

Korianous ist offline
    Mildly OT, bad me , but I noticed you are using C# as opposed to C++. How do you like it? Been considering learning C# and the .NET platform for a while now, as I'm a programmer myself (I work with C++).

On that note, are you planning to include the source code for your project, so people who want to add their own functionality to the tool may do so?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

patrunjelu ist offline
    I love C#. It's and easy-to-learn (not that C++ was too hard either) and easy-to-use language. It has the functionality of C++ and the simplicity of Basic.
    I'll think about the source code. Some romanian users want to translate it to romanian so I think I'll publish the source code (thus making translation possible). And for adding custom functionalities as well.
    If you had in mind adding new items and stuff then this will be possible with a tool that I am going to release with the program.
    I will also release a few weeks after the program a whole database of Gothic 2 Items and stuff (if someone wants to modify Gothic 2 and doesn't want to add it's items manually).

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Korianous ist offline
    Very cool, I was thinking of doing something similar myself, making a GUI Catalog of Gothic I/II vobs, for easy look-up and research. I gave this up because of the already existing Vob Database.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

patrunjelu ist offline
    Maybe if you're interested we'll work on the dialogue maker together

On sources: most variables/procedures/identifiers/etc. have romanian names so it would be kind of a pain for a !romanian programmer to find out what does what... But I'll publish them anyway.
    Geändert von patrunjelu (28.07.2009 um 17:39 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von patrunjelu Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe if you're interested we'll work on the dialogue maker together
    I'd be willing to help where I could, but much of my spare time & focus goes to my own team, and I know little C#.

On sources: most variables/procedures/identifiers/etc. have romanian names so it would be kind of a pain for a !romanian programmer to find out what does what... But I'll publish them anyway.
    That's what "//" is for . The programming language itself is universal, so with some decent English comments I'm sure a competent programmer wouldn't have trouble comprehending the purpose of a specific function. English & Romanian comments could work.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

patrunjelu ist offline
    All comments are in Romanian.
    Maybe I'll change them a few days before release.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    I've never used any script-generators like this, so i cannot really comment this one as well, ... seems cool anyway.

@patrunjelu:
    If you do this for learning programming, ... keep on!

But if it's for "reaching the goal", then maybe you should check out the german g2-editing-download-section first, ... there are many kinds of such script-generators like this, so i guess just another one isn't that important.

http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index...s&ordner_id=17

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

patrunjelu ist offline
    Yes but some of them don't work under vista (especially that NPC Script generator). Plus, mine has some extra features (from what I've seen in the data files). All other generators are in German? This makes mine the only one in English and Romanian
    But I don't want to sound as if I'm aiming for such a goal as surpassing other developers. This is currently my largest/most useful/best looking project and finishing it is my goal.

I also have some other goal... our Romanian community had some problems lately, because of many users (including me) and I want to make this generator a World of Gothic Romania project and ask some members to help. This will help sticking together again
    We'll be back'n kickin soon enough.
    Geändert von patrunjelu (29.07.2009 um 09:17 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    This is great, bout time I could actually make up to my team for the fact that I'm not a programmer. And fortunately, I'm fluent in Romanian too. Will definitely use your tool. And perhaps give C# a try, when I'm "less scared of how hard programming is", as you say.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Apprentice

zkajo ist offline
    It's a good thing that there are modding tools who help modders etc. However, i have to say sometimes I'm against them. Your tool seems great, but i want to say something to all those who are new in the Gothic Modding World: DO NOT use tools. They won't teach you anything and if you have troubles with making your own NPC and a dialog, then sorry, but you will fail terribly in the future when you want to make your own, big, awesome mod Experienced ppl - use tools, newcomers - don't. That's what i believe in. Great tool

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    This is great, bout time I could actually make up to my team for the fact that I'm not a programmer. And fortunately, I'm fluent in Romanian too. Will definitely use your tool. And perhaps give C# a try, when I'm "less scared of how hard programming is", as you say.
    If you can learn Pascal, you can learn C#.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

patrunjelu ist offline
    The WIP equipment screen is now available
    http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...quipscreen.jpg
    Finally added the last pieces of data on armors/weapons. There's still a hell lot of data to be added (on misc items, and a few categories that I didn't add yet) but the overall progress of the generator is great. After finishing adding data, I will implement routines and talents and that should be it. After doing so I will have to double-check everything though. I think this tool should be available to public betatesting soon enough (a week or so).

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

patrunjelu ist offline
    Is there anyone who would like to beta test the application? It will soon be released.
    New additions: voice preview for the character (taunts, salutes etc.)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von patrunjelu Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there anyone who would like to beta test the application? It will soon be released.
    New additions: voice preview for the character (taunts, salutes etc.)
    We at IKS would love to. Send a PM to Tratos about it. I'll send you one as well .

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

patrunjelu ist offline
    Will send once the beta version will be ready for testing
    I'll start hard-commenting the sources as well.
    Please note that the first stable version will feature an updater which will connect to my server in order to search for community made versions and/or updates for my official one. Also, it will feature a tool useful for adding entries in the data files (items, talents etc.). I will publish the data tool's sources but not the ones of the updater. The sources of the beta version will be available only to the guys at Ironkeep Studios. The ones of the stable version will be public.
    Thanks.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    That's very nice of you. I am intrigued about your updater tool. Must be a complex design, no?

Seite 1 von 2 12 Letzte »