Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 5 von 7 « Erste 1234567 Letzte »
Ergebnis 81 bis 100 von 127
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #81
    Lehrling

Epsilonn ist offline
    That is what I did first but it ended with the message "The patch could not be installed" or something like that.
    P.S. I have Gothic 2 + NoTR

2. Beiträge anzeigen #82
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Weird, since I selected a total random folder and it installed in it without problems.
    Can you try again? If you get the same error, write it down and tell us exactly what error was.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #83
    Lehrling

Epsilonn ist offline
    ...It just worked now...I'm sorry. I don't know what went wrong the first time.
    What about my other issues from my original post; the camera turn speed and the fact that I can't see movies nor intro?
    Geändert von Epsilonn (26.11.2009 um 10:42 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #84
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    About the videos, you could try to set scaleVideos to 0 in your ...Gothic2\system\gothic.ini file (with a simple text editor, like notepad for example). Search in that file for scaleVideos=1 and make it scaleVideos=0

About the rest... I don't know.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #85
    Lehrling

Epsilonn ist offline
    That worked. Thanks.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #86
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    About the scrolling, just check the in-game settings.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #87
    Apprentice

Henioo ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    Welcome here
    Oh, yes. Forgot to say hi.

Hello, then.

Did you tried to install the patch again?
    Yeah, didn't help.

You sure the patch installed successfully? To the proper folder? You sure you don't have 2 gothic installations in different folders?
    I don't have double Gothic folders. And yeah, now I am sure that the patch installed succesfully. However, it messed up my files. For example the Lares bug is still there, but the orc elite doesn't fight and wolves and rats are tougher. It seems the patch installed partly. Sadly, I realised it in Chapter 3 while fighting orcs outside the castle and it was too late to start over. But nevermind, I already finished the game and won't play it in the nearest future. :P But if anything, I will try to install your patch again.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #88
    Knight Commander Avatar von AngelOfGothic

AngelOfGothic ist offline
    I have a bug with Biff i think one of the first dragon hunters where you meet Gorn near the abandoned mine,the one that offers you to follow anywhere.after he says a phrase he starts repeating over and over again with 3-4 sec pause,time when you need to fiind a way to kill/get away from him

9. Beiträge anzeigen #89
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad

Ergopad ist offline
    I recently bought 5.1 surround set as well as new soundcard and noticed that surround sound is not working in Gothic 2. I tried Creative ALchemy as well, but no luck. Whenever I change the sound provider and restart the game, it sets the provider back to Miles, except Dolby Surround but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any chance that you might fix this with future CP?
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

10. Beiträge anzeigen #90
    Lehrling

Epsilonn ist offline
    About the Orc Elite AI bug: I placed the fight.dat file posted at the begining of this topic in _work\Data\Scripts\_compiled\ and overwrited but it seems to have no effect on the AI of the Orc Elite. I saved just before fighting one, I exited the game, I copied the fight.dat in the folder mentioned above, I reentered the game and still, nothing happens...the orc doesn't attack me when I go near him...is there something I did wrong?

One more thing...how does the learning points/skill system work? I have 30 for 2H and 30 for 1H and this with no bonuses from my weapons or armor. From what I red on the internet I should now pay 1 learning point for 1 skill upgrade for either 1H or 2H until 60...but I still have to pay 2 learning points for 1 skill(so 30 skills in 1H does not influence with anything the 2H learning points/skill requirement)...I want to use 2H so...did I upgrade my 1H to 30 in vain?
    Geändert von Korianous (26.12.2009 um 05:05 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #91
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Hi Epsilon,

Question 1: Other users have complained of persistence. Perhaps a reinstall and regression to 1.0 could help, until we've worked out those issues.

Question 2: Answered in the Readme .
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #92
    Knight Commander

Kostaz ist offline
    Can you fix the problems the game has in Windows 7?
    I've read it only happens with Nvidia GPUs so maybe it's a driver related problem
    Can you do anything about it?

13. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #93
    Sword Master Avatar von Bas

Bas ist offline
    Bugreport: Got an error from the installer at the installing process which states that the uninstaller file couldn't be created properly. The installation process shut down.
    Die alte Signatur, die nervte nur.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #94
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline
    There are other 2 bugs in this patch which I had seen and are not posted by anyone else here...
    1-when you go to the Circle of sun where the seekers desecrate the eye there is no comment (which prior was) by one of them in which he told you that you arrive to late they destroyed the eye...(I think it was a journal entry too)
    2-in bandits camp add-on world there is a problem ...Normally when you arrive here you talk to Franco (I am not sure of the name) the boss of the outside-he send you to Logan to hunt with(swamp sharks) him and them he sent you to collect a green stone (or yellow) and when you return to him he says that he already send Logan and you can kick his ass
    If you made the hunt of swamp sharks quest before talking with Franco you do not have the next quest for the green stone,just the option to kill him ...
    Both of them where not in the game without the patch...
    ...They call me The Wanderer...

15. Beiträge anzeigen #95
    Fighter Avatar von Tharr

Tharr ist offline
    Also the Orcish Warlords and Colonel are not attacking , one of the Orcish Warlords(I am paladin) next to Xardas and one next to the city (east entrance) had a little comment before the patch , but now not.
    I will tell you more when I discover it...now I am playing...

Nevertheless this will be an excellent patch when is finish...if our pointers matters
    ...They call me The Wanderer...

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #96
    Sword Master Avatar von Bas

Bas ist offline
    OK, I have a problem with the ICP or HOP know (I am rather sure that it related to at least one of those projects): 1. Nearly all of my text went english, I reinstalled some times. As it is now, I have english dialouge options, but german dialouges (I am playing the German version). I have to admit that I re-installed the game to the same directory. I tested to lead modifications and it seems to work. But my biggest worry at the moment is, that it seems that some parts of the mod get overwritten. Tricksy's Minimod for instance normally shows the range of all weapons, but infact I am just seeing the english infocard atm. Which files I have to delete before I install the game again? (I don't want to use a other directory for GII cause I have installed many modifications...:x)

Thanks in advance.
    Die alte Signatur, die nervte nur.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #97
    Apprentice

BloodBlade22 ist offline
    Hi all

Ok so im pretty new to this whole mod thing so forgive me if im a retard.(this is a patch anyways is it not)

I just re-installed gothic 2 gold.
    I install your patch 1.0a full installation. It says it was installed correctly.
    I go to the system file in gothic 2 folder and I see the normal gothic 2 NOTR exe, and a "game" icon file, which I cannot open.
    I start gothic 2 and when the screen comes up it is still 2.7, not 2.6(fix) as it says it should be on this forum.
    What did I do wrong, is the patch installed or not (I can defently see the new files in the directory).

Also I hear alot about bugged orc elites and other bugs, has any of this been fixed or are you still working on that?

Thanks to all who took the time to make this patch, sounds very interesting and I cant wait to get back into gothic.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #98
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Welcome BloodBlade22

Try to install the patch again, and make sure the patch installer points to the right path for the G2 folder. Example: you have G2 installed to D:\Gothic2 and the patch installer says it will install in C:\Program Files\JoWood\Gothic II\

It will say it installed correctly even if it's not installed correctly , so it's up to you.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #99
    Apprentice

BloodBlade22 ist offline
    Yea I point it to C:\Program files\JoWood\Gothic 2 which is where it is installed. I can even see all the files in there, just whenever I start gothic2 it says 2.7(eng).
    So I just open the gothic2 exe as normal, not some other file?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #100
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Yes, the 1.0a version has a setup bug with deciding where to install. Best of all, just install the patch in some other random folder and then copy its contents to your G2 root folder.

Seite 5 von 7 « Erste 1234567 Letzte »