Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 4 von 7 « Erste 1234567 Letzte »
Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 127
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    Local Hero Avatar von Ergopad

Ergopad ist offline
    Any chance for getting higher drawing distance fix with a mod?
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Engine patching is difficult to do with the existing methods we have, code injection via C++ .dlls (IMO irresponsible due to damage potential from a mistake in the .dll). Directly patching the .exe with Assembly is another possibility, but anyone who's worked with Assembly knows how fun that is.

Theoretically, it's possible, but for now, it's a hassle. Of course, that isn't to say I won't look into it . In the meantime, .ini manipulation seems to be the only way to do this.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63

Ergopad ist offline
    I've already tried play with INI and it seems that draw distances are locked up to 300% (14?). But atleast the drawing distance is higher than in Risen.
    "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:1-4

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Ritter Avatar von MaGoth

MaGoth ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von M15T Beitrag anzeigen
    NP, glad to help. I really appreciate what you are doing here. With your scripts it’s so easy to make simple mods and I love to do that + game is bug free.

About this issue. I spend few hours today trying to find out how to fix this but no luck so far. As far as I know you did everything properly, scripts are fine. DIA_DMT_1201_Dementor.d, DIA_OrcElite_AntiPaladin1.d and DIA_Pal_220_Schiffswache.d doesn’t exist in English version of the game, or GothicSourcer didn’t decompiled all scripts from English version. As a last resort I downloaded those 3 scripts from German version and compiled them together with your scripts using GothicSourcer 3.10 but nothing. Bug is still there.

I personally won't play Gothic 2 without your scripts ever again. I can wait until you fix this.

And again, sorry for bad English. I know I sound like a retard
    Hi,
    When you work with files scripts game Gothic, application GothicSourcer, it is desirable to use the latest version - 3.14. This version does not make mistakes when decompiling/compiling files.

Download@GothicSourcer - 3.14.

MfG MaGoth, WoG.ru-Community.
    |: WOG.de :|: WOG.en :|: WOG.ru :|: WOG.ro :|||: MAGIC-Team :|
    [Bild: 106462_941c3dcc88ff9e9b5597d9f24d9aea88.jpg]
    |: WOR.de :|: WOR.en :|: WOR.ru :|: WOR.ro :|||: Piranha-Bytes :|
    -=GOTHIC UND DIE FREUNDSCHAFT FÜR ALLE ZEITEN!=-

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    I have the same problem as the first posters. As soon as it finishes loading the games exits. Can you fix this?
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GothicFighter Beitrag anzeigen
    I have the same problem as the first posters. As soon as it finishes loading the games exits. Can you fix this?
    I'll need more information than that. Do you get an error message? Also, do you have the report version.exe installed? Those two things will help me to identify your problem.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67

Ergopad ist offline
    @GothicFighter:

Can you try these steps? Atleast they worked for me.

Gothic II - Tips&Tricks

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    Thanks a lot! The patch works
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Rookie

AryzTheFenix ist offline

Video changes?

Heya - like the idea of the patch. Been playing straight NotR for a few days and I didn't like the change to the LP costs so I'm looking forward to that as well as I like the fencing saber and new bows (so yes I got it working.)

I'm running Windows 7 with a Radeon 5850 and I was wondering if you added something that I'm missing with video changes? I've been just hacking the gothic.ini and switching my resolution to 1920x1080x32 but I have to edit the gothic.ini each time I launch (I have a copy in a subfolder that I copy over the one in the system folder so I don't have to edit, but it's still a PITA.)

Do you guys have something else that I'm missing?

Also, does anyone know what the potion keys are and/or how to change them? I can see them assigned in the gothic.ini, but I don't know what keys 1900 and 2300 map to? I've enabled the potionkeys in the gothic.ini file, but I don't see anywhere to change them in the key configs in the game.

Thanks!!!

AryzTheFenix

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AryzTheFenix Beitrag anzeigen
    Heya - like the idea of the patch. Been playing straight NotR for a few days and I didn't like the change to the LP costs so I'm looking forward to that as well as I like the fencing saber and new bows (so yes I got it working.)
    Hey there, welcome to the forum §welcome.

I'm running Windows 7 with a Radeon 5850 and I was wondering if you added something that I'm missing with video changes? I've been just hacking the gothic.ini and switching my resolution to 1920x1080x32 but I have to edit the gothic.ini each time I launch (I have a copy in a subfolder that I copy over the one in the system folder so I don't have to edit, but it's still a PITA.)

Do you guys have something else that I'm missing?
    Nope, that's what I have to do as well. The ZenGine seems to have trouble with certain Widescreen Resolutions (but it worked on my old PC at 1440 x 900, funnily enough). We may have to look into it some more. Currently, I only run G1/G2 windowed at 800 x 600, because that makes my life as a programmer way easier .

Also, does anyone know what the potion keys are and/or how to change them? I can see them assigned in the gothic.ini, but I don't know what keys 1900 and 2300 map to? I've enabled the potionkeys in the gothic.ini file, but I don't see anywhere to change them in the key configs in the game.

Thanks!!!

AryzTheFenix
    I think it's a couple of the function keys.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Adventurer

Tolknaz ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AryzTheFenix Beitrag anzeigen
    I was faced with the same problem not too long ago. My workaround was to make a .bat file that would copy an .ini file with the altered resolution over the one game makes. It turns out, there is a better solution though. Edit the "Target" field of the game shortcut and add the following:
    -zRes:****,****,32
    replace **** with the resolution values like this for example:
    -zRes:1920,1080,32

Edit: ah, you're talking about Gothic 2. In that case just make sure ExtendedMenu=1 in gothi.ini and higher resolutions should become selectable in the game.
    Geändert von Tolknaz (28.10.2009 um 18:40 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72
    Abenteurer

Student ist offline
    I guess i can't use this patch with the Collector's Edition?

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73

Ergopad ist offline
    Any news on the "widescreen activated with dialog" bug?

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74
    Ranger Avatar von Niborius

Niborius ist offline
    No one understood me before when I told them about that widescreen bug, but now everyone seems to know about it

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75

Korianous ist offline
    @Student- The patch should work with any version of Gothic 2 + NotR.
    @Ergopad-Niborius - Still working on it.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76

Ergopad ist offline
    Is the camera working as it should be in widescreen? I run the game in 1920x1080 (16:9) and it seems like the camera is a bit too "high".

Check the screenshots here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...ic.php?t=17324

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77
    Apprentice

Henioo ist offline
    About two weeks ago I patched Gothic 2 Gold and when started game it said it was 2.6 (fix) or something like this. Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Gothic. Now, when I want to patch it the patch does install, however, after starting a game it says it's still 2.7 (eng) so it isn't patched. I installed the patch without the balancing.

Any ideas why it happened?

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Welcome here

Zitat Zitat von Henioo Beitrag anzeigen
    About two weeks ago I patched Gothic 2 Gold and when started game it said it was 2.6 (fix) or something like this. Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Gothic. Now, when I want to patch it the patch does install, however, after starting a game it says it's still 2.7 (eng) so it isn't patched. I installed the patch without the balancing.

Any ideas why it happened?
    You sure the patch installed successfully? To the proper folder? You sure you don't have 2 gothic installations in different folders?

Did you tried to install the patch again?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79
    Lehrling

Epsilonn ist offline
    Hi all and thanks for the patch! I have some issues though:
    1. When I install the patch it says it installed correctly (I installed it in the "system" folder - I think that's right) but when I enter the game it says v2.7(eng). What version should I see written there in the game menu?
    2. Also, I don't see the intro movies nor some other movies (for instance I can see the movie shown during the first loading but I can't see the movie during the first conversation with Xardas)
    3. Another thing is that the camera turn scroll is very slow...
    P.S. I am new to Gothic 2. I only played Gothic 3.
    Please help!

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Epsilonn Beitrag anzeigen
    1. When I install the patch it says it installed correctly (I installed it in the "system" folder - I think that's right) but when I enter the game it says v2.7(eng). What version should I see written there in the game menu?
    The setup for ICP1.0a, says, on the "Select destination directory" page:
    Please install this into your Gothic II Gold root folder.
    That means ....Gothic2\ , not ....\Gothic2\system\

The version displayed should be 2.6 (fix), I think, not 2.7.

Seite 4 von 7 « Erste 1234567 Letzte »