Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12
Ergebnis 21 bis 39 von 39
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #21
    Demigod Avatar von Dino

Dino ist offline
    Remove the immortality of gate guards and other NPCs such as Bosper, the Water Mages after you've killed Raven. In general, remove the immortality of every immortal NPC after they've served their purpose.

Remove the stupid dialog when you're not wearing your "uniform". "Blablabla you're a kings solider! I will not talk to you unless you wear the King's armor!" I truly despite it.

can't htink of anything else important atm.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #22
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dino Beitrag anzeigen
    Remove the stupid dialog when you're not wearing your "uniform". "Blablabla you're a kings solider! I will not talk to you unless you wear the King's armor!" I truly despite it.a
    I strongly believe that this is an intended feature. Lares explains it. Initially, it was meant to prevent you from wearing the Ring of Water armor in crowded places. That was part of the plot. And IMO, that is a good idea, although, in a game it can be annoying.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #23
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    I strongly believe that this is an intended feature. Lares explains it. Initially, it was meant to prevent you from wearing the Ring of Water armor in crowded places. That was part of the plot. And IMO, that is a good idea, although, in a game it can be annoying.
    The scripts do seem to indicate that this is done on purpose. But iirc, wasn't it there in the original Gothic?
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #24
    Ritter Avatar von Shadow

Shadow ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von AngelOfGothic Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't use marvin then.
    If u need more skills go in VoM and aafter that in jhakendar if your not so confident in your abilities.
    But some people do use marvin mode and some people prefer go to jhankendar first.
    your are not the only person in this world,grow up.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #25

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Shadow Beitrag anzeigen
    But some people do use marvin mode and some people prefer go to jhankendar first.
    your are not the only person in this world,grow up.
    A forewarning for being rude. Please simmer down, no need for that .
    Geändert von Korianous (18.06.2009 um 18:00 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #26
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline

Community patch ideas for G2

Hello,

I Noticed that a wonderful community patch was released for G2.

I was wondering if any of these ideas are possible or if even anyone likes the ideas?

1. Increase Weapon attack more for Innos and Ore weapons, Weapons have little punch anymore, those snapper Dragons are horrible to take down even with the best swords. More bang for the buck so to speak.

2. Add ability to bring a couple people for Flavor, not to make the game easier though low level players could use for that purpose. I was thinking how nice it would be to have a Knight or 2 come with me in the pass. Sure they will die but it adds flavor. Maybe have them come on a quest in the mainland. Just to have SOME of the people be able to "come with me" option would be neat. Example was I used the Pirates to follow me around just a couple regular ones, and instead of just the cavern I had them come to a temple with me where they got killed, and didnt do a whole lot but it was fun having them tag along.

3. More men in Khorinis need more Militia, as well as more in the CASTLE. Also more Orcs surounding the castle, most of us now have PCs that can handle way beyond what this game was built for, so more of them would seem like a siege also more in the castle again with the ability to bring a couple as allies maybe would be nice.

4. not sure on this its more opinion than anything else but I would rather see MORE enemies than Stronger enemies, I find it more fun to take enemies out easy, but hard when they Group attack you. So the attacks are realistic, you cant take too many hits in real life, but if your outnumbed your in trouble. So AI enemies with lower HP or weapons with Higher HP but way more enemies to kill.

5. Maybe an Inbetween armor for BEFORE you choose a guild and after you have the leather armor. Maybe taking one of the LIGHT Pirate armour as seen on some of them and use it with slightly better stats?

6. Better models made since PC tech is better and can handle the better poly's. Some of the models are ok, but the Starting out look and leather armor look bad. There must be a way to replace models and spruce up this wonderful game with better eyecandy?

The patch so far is nice as is the balancing seems more effective that before. I wonder if any of the designers can comment on what they plan to address next in their patch?

7. Beiträge anzeigen #27
    Veteran Avatar von ZombieNL

ZombieNL ist offline
    I didn't know there is a Community patch or any other patch for G2.
    can you give me (and the rest of the forum) a link?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #28
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline
    Yes go to downloads on this site then Gothic 2 downloads and its there big as life! lol

Its a good patch, I suggest not doing the alternate balancing right now as there is a bug with 2 units it seems. But all the fixes and additions are there, some new weapons, better Exp usage. A few things that I think make the game more fun. Example is Perm potions are back to 5 again. Nice touch.

I am hoping later for more weapon stat changes and maybe even more Orc and stuff being added to some scenes. I do know with the patch there SEEMS to be more orcs around the castle, but I am not sure, I still think even more should be there, enough where the hero cant kill them all. lol

9. Beiträge anzeigen #29

Korianous ist offline
    Moved and merged with suggestion thread .

@Firefly- Glad you like our patches . At the present, we don't wish to do too much in the way of adding content. We have no immediate plans for a followup patch, as our focus is primarily on our present project.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #30
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline
    So that means basically the AI part cant be fixed? Why not fix it to one patch then? it would be easier.

Something else I thought of would be To have the castle attack at the end if you hit the switch to open the gates to have MORE orcs, I dont think the Vanilla game gives enough. that would be a cool addition true?

Is the script easy to modify for adding more Orcs or is that a complicated thing to do? I am curious since you are a modding authority on the game.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #31

Korianous ist offline
    We provided a "restore dat" for the AI if it gave you problems, but we are still looking into that. Yes it can be fixed, but our focus is primarily elsewhere. About your next question, it shouldn't be too difficult to add, but it would transcend the purposes of our patch.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #32
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline
    Hello,

I installed the AI fix but my Orc Elites still just sit there unlike vanilla. They move just a little more but only in backing up. I copied that file to over right the one in that work folder.

Also how does one know if the patch is installed right? I still have version 2.7eng for mine is that correct or should it say something else? All the files for your patch are in my game directories with the backup for 2.7 etc.

As of now that fight.dat didnt fix my orc issue and I am playing a NEW game not a saved game before the fix.

As for editing those number which file might it be in to save me time, and should it be as simple as saying spawn 5 elite orcs and I change that to say 10 or will it be encoded in a weird way?

I've done modding to other games, just as you know each game has its own editing methods.

BTW I was looking at some of your fixes and they are not in my Gold english version with your patch. I know the patch is installed because of the Elite Orc bug, but I still get the message about Leather armour for mattao, and The innos statue isnt accepted infact I WAS wondering what was wrong because last time I played I could give it to here, this is way before the patch was made. I am using the Gold version 2.7 ALSO JUST CHECKING Biff is messed up here wont follow and when you get close it keeps looping the dialog. Seragoths inventory is still there. Seems to be more bugs and some things arent fixed as stated.

Also several others is not working on the fixes posted. Could this patch not work with certain US English versions? I do know that ALL the text is fixed no german messups like before on dialog.
    Geändert von firefly101 (18.11.2009 um 17:06 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #33

Korianous ist offline
    Please give more details on what is and isn't working as intended. Simply telling me certain things aren't working isn't going to help me . Also, what are you referring to with Matteo's leather armor and the Innos Statue?
    Curious about the fight.dat, as that should have done it. Will still keep looking.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #34
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline
    Ok, I was going off memory and what I said that is suppose to be fixed I believe was stated in your first post?

Here is what I know of that doesnt seem to be fixed in this list. I havent tested all these things of the patch and some things do work like the text etc. so the patch must be there. lol

Bugs that stilll exist with the patch that I Believe are suppose to be fixed:

- Golden coins that cant be picked up (they are under chest) in the pyramid (near water mages area) should be replaced.

One coin is still under the chest

- Now Edda also accepts the valuable Innosstatue.

I cannot complete this quest. She mentions the statue but doesnt have an option to give it to her to get the points.

- Now Sengrath's inventory is emptied if he lies dead near the Orcwall.

Inventory Still in my game when he dies I can get everything from him.

- Now one can steal key from the knight who guards the door to the smiths room in the castle.

Noticed NO key on any of the knights in the castle except gateguard.

- Now Cronos sells magic ammunition in Jharkendar (for Fire Bow and Magic Crossbow)

Nope No special ammo for Magic Crossbow

- Now Gerbrandt runs to the harbour if one gives him Diegos letter instead of just walking.

Still walks.

- Now Constantino sells new herbs daily. Herbs and the number of it are chance-generated.

Didnt notice on this one

Also Biff (dragonslayer help) in the VoM doesnt follow or help you He is stuck and the dialog loops so you cant get close to him without it repeating over and over and over,

Also in you patch fixes Mattao message is suppose to disappear when I steal the leather armor from the chest it doesnt.

At first one would think the patch isnt installed, Yet I get the bug with the orcs elites that dont move and some other things. I installed BOTH your patches with the A version being second as its an addition. In my gothic game directory I have these folders.

_backup-2.7
    _work
    Addon-Backup

Then of course Data etc. My splash screen is 2.7 ENG.

If all this shows I HAVE the patch installed correctly which I believe I do, then there is something bugged about your patch that needs to be fixed before other projects. lol

Anyway thanks for the patch, it just doesnt seem to be working right. I will willing to help Beta test it for you as I am pretty good at find bugs.
    Geändert von firefly101 (19.11.2009 um 07:50 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #35

Korianous ist offline
    Those things you described are stuff included by the Balance Minimod. That's not our product .

16. Beiträge anzeigen #36
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline
    Well whats your product then?

Those are all Bugs to be fixed in a patch right? My thread was transfered to this thread so when I seen the first post and seen those fixes I assumed they were part of the community patch to fix bugs?

What is this Balance minimod? I only seen the 2 patches in the download section under G2. Shouldnt these fixes be included in the Community Patch for G2? Most are Bugs and thats what I Patch is for right? I dont think I can use there balance minimod and this patch, but there are bugs in the community patch which imo is far from done when compared to 6.0 of G3 community patch

Well there is a Bug with the Patch for sure. The Orc Elites still dont work and Biff doesnt work in the VoM.
    Geändert von firefly101 (20.11.2009 um 10:42 Uhr)

17. Beiträge anzeigen #37

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von firefly101 Beitrag anzeigen
    Well whats your product then?
    Not that one.
    Those are all Bugs to be fixed in a patch right? My thread was transfered to this thread so when I seen the first post and seen those fixes I assumed they were part of the community patch to fix bugs?
    Yes.
    What is this Balance minimod? I only seen the 2 patches in the download section under G2. Shouldnt these fixes be included in the Community Patch for G2? Most are Bugs and thats what I Patch is for right? I dont think I can use there balance minimod and this patch, but there are bugs in the community patch which imo is far from done when compared to 6.0 of G3 community patch
    The Balance Minimod is available in the German section, but it may or may not work for the English One. It's definitely not compatible with our patch.
    Comparing the G3 Patch (which is at version 1.73 mind you), and our own patch for G2 is an unfair comparison. Gothic 3 was a far buggier game, and the CPT have been at it for a long time.
    Well there is a Bug with the Patch for sure. The Orc Elites still dont work and Biff doesnt work in the VoM.
    I'm testing a fix for these issues, should be uploaded soon.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #38
    Adventurer

firefly101 ist offline
    No offense on comparison, I was just showing that G2 has less bugs to fix and should be easier than the 1.6 version which I use, I DONT use 1.72 because the changes I feel go too far beyond the game. Also some of the changes I really didnt like. The battle system while others like it feels clunky to me and is hard to use, but there were some nice things in it.

I really consider 1.72 to be an Addon and the 1.6 patch to be a patch for the vanilla game.

On your patch, I am glad to hear you will look into those fixes. It will be nice to have those items and the Orc issue fixed. If possible if you can sneak in maybe an increase of orcs that would be great. lol

BTW do feel the sword of the paladins are a little low? 120 strength and 140 hp, Problem is thats after tears of innos, I end up using other swords until that part because the sword is underpowered. I was thinking 100 and 120 should be 110 and 140 and the tears should be 120 and 160hp

Of course increasing the merc ones would be ok to match. Though I WOULD have loved to have a better sword that can be made for mercs.

Anyway I am glad to hear your plan to release a fixed version of the patch, I have noticed alot of things that were fixed but still some bugs as mentioned already.

Oh on sengrath's crossbow, Ulder doesnt take it so your left with it, kinda weird I thought before in g2 plain he did take it but with NotR he doesnt?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #39
    Veteran Avatar von Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta ist offline
    well, i'm now in ch4 (G2 NOTR). what I could say - it is too easy now with Heights of power mod. new weapons - like that selled by Martin in docks, or masterwork / bishimons hand 2handers should be valued much more - like 10000 gold coins and more, and to equip them - stats values also should be higher. for masterwork 2hander i'd say - 180 str / dex, for that selled by martin - at least 100 str/dex. 'coz it is too easy to equip it when required only 60str/dex - there is no need to try to equip lets say - paladins two hander or other. I got that sword in ch 1 - and it was the best choice for me

also - when such powerful weapons appeared - Beliars claw i think should be rescaled more - more damage dealt per hit, but due to that it does not require any stats to equip - nor str neither dex - it should use mana for dealing the biggest amount of damage

but still - it is one of my most favorite 2hander - i like its "thunder" effect fot extra damage - kind a special effect with HoP mod i've done in swamp dragon very quickly (of course 2hader skill was 100%).

in conclusion - even orcs became more powerful - with new weapons, dragon hunter armor and Jharkendars warrior jewelry set, some spells and strategy you can be almost indestructible fighting machine )

I like this mod
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/signaturepics/sigpic104766_2.gif

Seite 2 von 2 « Erste 12