Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 43
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline

[Release] Gothic II Gold - IronKeep Community Patch v 1.0

Gothic II: Night of the Raven is an excellent game, after all these years. However, it is still somewhat beset by bugs, even with the latest release. We have created a patch that aims to fix as many of these bugs as possible, and enhance the experience of those playing Gothic II Gold. As we fix more bugs, patches will be released. If there is a bug you would like addressed, please let us know. What we have done has been included in the changelog below. Enjoy .

This product is meant to deliver a better NotR experience with next to no "on-the-house" additions. This patch (and all the subsequent versions) will be an incremental part of HoP builds, so if you have HoP installed (or in future CSI), you wouldn't need the "products below".

However, at this point - this patch has some changes that ARE NOT present in HoP v1.1. This will be made otherwise starting with HoP v1.2.

EDIT:

Download Mirrors:

Ironkeep Studios Website
    WoG
    The Patches Scrolls
    Filefront
    Gamezone
    Gamershell
    StrategyInformer
    MegaGames
    AtomicGamer

Regards,

The IronKeep Studios Team.

Changelog:
    _____Patch v 1.0______

- Fixed several text and dialogue errors.
    - Certain Lines in Vatras & Lares' dialogue are now in English.
    - Appraising your Goldmining Ability is now in English.
    - A few more XP Bonuses.
    - On the quest to get Thorben's approval, getting a blessing from Isgaroth now gives you a 100 XP bonus.
    - The Stunt Bonus is now 1000 XP.
    - Joining Morgan's and/or Henry's Raiding Troop now grants a 50 XP Bonus.
    - Toughened up the Black Wolf of the Novice Quest, Boars & Field Raiders now yield 100 XP when killed, Ice Wolves now yield 250 XP.
    - Fire Devils, and Shadowbeast Skeletons are now slightly tougher.
    - Bartok is tougher, so it's less difficult to keep him alive on the "Furs for Bosper" Quest.
    - Giant Rats are tougher than Young Giant Rats. Wolves, Minecrawlers, Bloodflies, Snappers, and Razors now have stats similar to Gothic I.
    - Lares can now provide the Simple Way to join all 3 guilds.
    - Fixed the notorious "Stuck Ornament Bug" with Lares.
    - Fixed a bug with the Bandit's Tower Quest.
    - Fixed the bug where the Dragons occasionally yield no trophies.
    - The Orc Attack Video no longer crashes the game.
    Geändert von Korianous (20.05.2009 um 13:19 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Adventurer

Tolknaz ist offline
    Great news! Although i don't really see Gothic 2 as an especially buggy game after the add-on and the official patches, it does have its fair share issues. While i'm not exactly sure how much you can do about this with tools you have right now, one issue that bothers me personally, is the way the game handles widescreen resolutions. After you load a savegame, the picture is stretched, until you talk to a npc. This seems to reset the camera somehow and the picture is not stretched anymore. That is until you load another savegame. Strangely Gothic I does not seem to have this bug.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tolknaz Beitrag anzeigen
    one issue that bothers me personally, is the way the game handles widescreen resolutions.
    Maybe this fix might solve your problem:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...d.php?t=441131

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tolknaz Beitrag anzeigen
    Great news! Although i don't really see Gothic 2 as an especially buggy game after the add-on and the official patches, it does have its fair share issues. While i'm not exactly sure how much you can do about this with tools you have right now, one issue that bothers me personally, is the way the game handles widescreen resolutions. After you load a savegame, the picture is stretched, until you talk to a npc. This seems to reset the camera somehow and the picture is not stretched anymore. That is until you load another savegame. Strangely Gothic I does not seem to have this bug.
    Thanks for the response! We aim to do as much as we can, we are looking into fixing many things that are still quirky engine-wise. FOV issues are among the things we want to fix .

EDIT-

@Larisa- that patch might actually conflict with ours, since we are making changes to the camera.dat.
    Ach Fry, Ich hab dich mehr als der Monde, die Sterne...das...fail.
    Geändert von Korianous (11.05.2009 um 03:56 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Adventurer Avatar von vytaz111

vytaz111 ist offline
    Gothic2-Notr is not buggy but it still a great work with patch.Please fix Gothic 1 it has much more bugs.I even can tell almost all bugs because i completed G1 20TIMES.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ranger

Merwanor ist offline
    I remember one thing that should be removed from the game. I dont remember where exactly but when i played G2 NotR i found Myxirs dead body in a cave, and a note that i do not recall what was about. i think it was a cave pretty far to the north.

This is odd because he is still alive in NotR if i am not completly wrong. He is atleast alive in G3.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von vytaz111 Beitrag anzeigen
    Gothic2-Notr is not buggy but it still a great work with patch.Please fix Gothic 1 it has much more bugs.I even can tell almost all bugs because i completed G1 20TIMES.
    Hi,

Atm we have no plans to fix Gothic 1, sorry mate .

Zitat Zitat von Merwanor Beitrag anzeigen
    I remember one thing that should be removed from the game. I dont remember where exactly but when i played G2 NotR i found Myxirs dead body in a cave, and a note that i do not recall what was about. i think it was a cave pretty far to the north.

This is odd because he is still alive in NotR if i am not completly wrong. He is atleast alive in G3.
    I believe you went to the cave where unneeded NPCs are sent. You're not technically supposed to see it .

Thanks for the positive response, it's a huge motivator . If you find new bugs from the patch, or a bug we didn't fix you would like addressed, please don't hesitate to post in the bugtracker thread. Thanks all.

- Korianous
    Geändert von Korianous (17.05.2009 um 15:20 Uhr) Grund: somehow that came out as two posts. weird

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Apprentice

Mage of Adanos ist offline
    Having only played the Night of the Raven (not the original, my version came in the Gothic Universe pack), I played as a Mage but found the incremental demands of increasing mana with each chapter a little unfair.

To have to sacrifice 25 XP for 5 pts of mana in chapter 5 was downright silly. I could understand restricting other classes from increasing that stat easily, but for a mage? Any chance of tweaking that?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Mage of Adanos Beitrag anzeigen
    Having only played the Night of the Raven (not the original, my version came in the Gothic Universe pack), I played as a Mage but found the incremental demands of increasing mana with each chapter a little unfair.

To have to sacrifice 25 XP for 5 pts of mana in chapter 5 was downright silly. I could understand restricting other classes from increasing that stat easily, but for a mage? Any chance of tweaking that?
    Dito. I find the mage path to be ridiculously hard. Especially, now that the stats have been tuned for the warrior/ranger class. I understand that NotR must be a challenge, but when it's too hard, it just kills the fun.

That being said, these patches only fix the game - we try to keep additions to a minimum. HoP/CSI are content mods - that's where you'll find content on top of fixes.

When the next version of HoP - which is v1.2 - is released, all of ICPs changes and some content is likely to be added. That would be your best bet regarding mage mana costs.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Dito. I find the mage path to be ridiculously hard. Especially, now that the stats have been tuned for the warrior/ranger class. I understand that NotR must be a challenge, but when it's too hard, it just kills the fun.

That being said, these patches only fix the game - we try to keep additions to a minimum. HoP/CSI are content mods - that's where you'll find content on top of fixes.

When the next version of HoP - which is v1.2 - is released, all of ICPs changes and some content is likely to be added. That would be your best bet regarding mage mana costs.
    I third this PoV. We are trying to keep the content additions to as little as possible, but if there is a demand, we can incorporate fixes to make playing as a mage a tad easier. I first designed HoP to make playing as a mage easier, it's really unfair in NOTR.
    Geändert von Korianous (17.05.2009 um 15:44 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Fighter Avatar von 4ltair

4ltair ist offline
    I am curently playing Gothic 2 N.o.t.R. with CP 1.0.
    First thing i noticed was that when i spoked with Vatras, he was telling me "Let us sumarize" but the subtitle was in german.
    The second thing is that is no difference betwen Young Giant Rats and Giant Rats.
    The third thing is that the Young Wolves are a bit too strong with 25 Str and 50 Hp.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von 4ltair Beitrag anzeigen
    I am curently playing Gothic 2 N.o.t.R. with CP 1.0.
    Glad to hear it .

First thing i noticed was that when i spoked with Vatras, he was telling me "Let us sumarize" but the subtitle was in german.
    Check the .exe and ou.bin. Also, if the ou.dat file still exists, try renaming and/or deleting it.

The second thing is that is no difference betwen Young Giant Rats and Giant Rats.
    No problem, a hotfix is upcoming, in which we will handle reported issues. Thanks for letting us know .

The third thing is that the Young Wolves are a bit too strong with 25 Str and 50 Hp.
    We rebalanced them to be exactly half the strength of Wolves. They should give you a hard time, and remind you of exactly how weak you have gotten since Gothic 1's conclusion .

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

4ltair ist offline
    ^Ok.
    What i would like to see in N.o.t.R. are some crossbows and some bows with skill bonuses, but that might be beyond the point of a CP.
    Another thing is the random number of Goblin Berries in each game.I know there are 17 in the entire game plus the ones you find on the paladins.The last ones are a pain in the a¤¤ because of their randomness, witch is really fustrating when planning an archer in Hardcore.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    What i would like to see in N.o.t.R. are some crossbows and some bows with skill bonuses, but that might be beyond the point of a CP.
    Check Heights of Power and you might change your mind.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Tratos Beitrag anzeigen
    Check Heights of Power and you might change your mind.
    Our hotfix might pleasantly surprise you as well .

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16

4ltair ist offline
    I know HoP, i just wanted the bow/crossbow without the extras.
    Regarding CP 1, when i played Gothic 1 a lurker yielded 170 exp, in Gothic 2 is still 120.
    Lately i keep getting an error about missing a sound file, error wich appear when i try to sleep, usualy when i am in Khorinis, happened twice when i used Constantio's bed.I will make a screenshot next time when i will get it.Don't konw if it can be fixed, or it's something that happens on my computer only.
    Anyways, great job with the CP, you managed to add new things without ruinning the balance.Keep it like this in the future and i will be a very happy man .

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Adventurer Avatar von rhaz

rhaz ist offline
    I have this problem with gothic (both 1 and 2) while running on windows Vista... for some unknown reason, the in-game music doesn't play and some ingame movies, as well as the intro (piranha bytes/jowood intro clip) are displayed in black and only the sound plays... Is this happening because the games don't support vista, and can something be done about that? thank you

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

4ltair ist offline
    ^
    The problem with the sound does have a fix on this forum, i just don't know the exact thread, i am browsing from my phone, i just know it is a thread in Gothic Help, search "sound error " there.
    As for the video, disable video scaling in the gothic.ini.
    Sorry for the off topic.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Hero Avatar von Tratos

Tratos ist offline
    I know HoP, i just wanted the bow/crossbow without the extras.
    The thing is, the crossbow thingy would be an extra. Those few additions were capital exceptions and I am fighting Korianous not to include any content. The CPs are purely for fixing the game without "modding" it.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

4ltair ist offline
    That is how i see a CP too, even if i would like the crossbow.
    Like you said, it should be a firm line between a CP and a mod.It's hard to add new things and balance the rest of the game acordingly without changing it too much.
    If the bow/crossbow thing is to be done, then it should be optional to instal it.
    Geändert von 4ltair (21.05.2009 um 08:14 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 3 123 Letzte »