Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 10 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 193
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Skinhead  Avatar von Hellbilly

Hellbilly ist offline

spellbound Gothic 4: Arcania - Answers #3

The Q&A thread:

- You ask questions about Gothic 4/Arcania: A Gothic Tale from Spellbound community buddy EDL
    - EDL answers
    - No off-topic discussion! No, a question at the end of an otherwise off-topic post does not make it on-topic.

All previous answers can be found here. Please eye through it before asking a question just in case it's already been answered.

Discussion regarding questions/answers goes here.

Previous thread here

A very cute cat here
    Geändert von Hellbilly (27.04.2009 um 20:06 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Sword Master Avatar von Buckingham

Buckingham ist offline
    Is there any form of art that the hero can do ?

For example paint or sing a song or smth like that.
    Always fight against evil ....even if it leads to your death !!!
    We should meet the enemies of god !!! Do no wrong !!!
    [Bild: sigpic90303_4.gif]

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    CM Spellbound a. D.

EDL ist offline
    Hi there,

for very private reasons I have to take a week off. Don't worry, I will be back on wednesday, 6th of May, and work on all the stuff that happened during my leave. I am looking forward to it.

See you soon!

-EDL
    "I have no enemies. I don't permit such a thing." - Anton Chigurh

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Adventurer

Beat it Morra ist offline
    Hey EDL

#)When We Will See some Screenshots ?
    not pictures,i mean a real game screenshots with health bar and stuff..
    #)Do Spellbound have a exact Release Date yet ?

Have a nice week ;P

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Deus Avatar von Maladiq

Maladiq ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von EDL Beitrag anzeigen
    for very private reasons I have to take a week off.
    Well, I can only hope those aren;t problems, but pleasant reasons

How do you like Larisa's Arcania screenshot? How close is the HUD in that image to the one that we will se in the game?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ritter Avatar von Shadow

Shadow ist offline
    question for EDL:

Will arcania have alot of diffrent kinds of weapons(Spears,Axes,Shot Swords,Long Swords,Heavy Blades/Claymores,Short Bows,Long Bows,Crossbows,etc')and each category will have different use,for example if you want to break shielding enemy you should use heavy axe or if you want silent kill you should use light sword/dagger or well aimed short bow shot.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Apprentice Avatar von raduku

raduku ist offline
    EDL, have you started working on the crafting system? If you have what can you tell us about it?

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Knight Avatar von Th13f

Th13f ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Maladiq Beitrag anzeigen
    Well, I can only hope those aren;t problems, but pleasant reasons

How do you like Larisa's Arcania screenshot? How close is the HUD in that image to the one that we will se in the game?
    You realy believed that, did you?

Ontopic: Will we be able to take animal trophies?

The animations in that leaked video look very natural. From the way the character moves to the way he holds the bow and even how the shield sways a little when he runs. Could you tell us what method did you use to create such animations?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

raduku ist offline
    EDL, will there be books to read in Arcania?

I think this would be a nice thing to have because that way we could read about the history of the Southern Isles. Mabey we can read books about the nameless' journeys and deeds. It would be nice to see how the people of the Southern Isles see our hero's deeds.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Apprentice Avatar von Christos

Christos ist offline
    Will we hear a variety of different music background?For example a music theme in the main land of the Southern Islands,a different one in the mountens,in dungeons,in the desert and a different one when a battle begins?
    May you return in one piece.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    CM Spellbound a. D.

EDL ist offline
    Hi there,

as promised - back to work on Wednesday. I will collect all the questions from various forums today and work on the answers tomorrow. Thank you for you patience!

-EDL

P.S. No, nothing terrible happened, just some private stuff I had to take care of.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    CM Spellbound a. D.

EDL ist offline
    Hi,

here you go, the latest answers. Have fun.

-EDL

----------
    A funny question:will there be meatbugs?and if there are meatbugs what may happen with them?will you be able to crush them with your foot,to eat them,or anything else?will we see similar funny quest like the one in G2 with the guy in the castle who is afraid of meatbugs which have thrown him out of his house?
    Meatbugs? Yes! The rest has to be seen ingame.

I have question about minimal system requirements. http://www.arcania-game.com/?lang=en&ID=1840 Are they really possible in few months when You publish game?
    I think we should trust our publisher here.

Will Rhobar III have a wife, or a lover?
    The man is on a mission! He is leading a war campaign. No time for love.

Will the game exhibit some form of destructibility, from simple crate breaking for items to destroying obstructions that block a secret area?
    During a quest, yes.

Is there any form of art that the hero can do ? For example paint or sing a song or smth like that.
    Oh, you can sing while you play the game. No problem.

Will arcania have alot of diffrent kinds of weapons(Spears,Axes,Shot Swords,Long Swords,Heavy Blades/Claymores,Short Bows,Long Bows,Crossbows,etc')and each category will have different use,for example if you want to break shielding enemy you should use heavy axe or if you want silent kill you should use light sword/dagger or well aimed short bow shot.
    Many different weapons, yes, and you can develop you own strategies versus different foes.

EDL, have you started working on the crafting system? If you have what can you tell us about it?
    Yes, the system is done, but has to be implemented.

Will we be able to take animal trophies?
    Yes.

The animations in that leaked video look very natural. From the way the character moves to the way he holds the bow and even how the shield sways a little when he runs. Could you tell us what method did you use to create such animations?
    We used good people with a lot of skill.

EDL, will there be books to read in Arcania?
    More like scrolls.

Will we hear a variety of different music background?For example a music theme in the main land of the Southern Islands,a different one in the mountens,in dungeons,in the desert and a different one when a battle begins?
    That's the plan, yes.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Rookie

Merc29 ist offline

Availability

Hey EDL

Quick question: I'm a resident of Mexico, and I find it EXTREMELEY HARD to find the Gothic games. Do you have any kind of information on that marketing aspect? And also, I saw that there was going to be a spanish translation. While I understand not EVERYONE in my country knows english, I'd like to have that option available to me, rather than having a spanish translation (many times, spanish voice actors stink, especially in recent games).

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    General Avatar von GothicFighter

GothicFighter ist offline
    Can you play guitar in Arcania?
    previous nickname - "ThePlaya"

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Knight Avatar von Th13f

Th13f ist offline
    Will there be female orcs? Because in the previous games they were absent. It was OK in G2 and 3 because in those games we only saw the orcish army, but in G1 was kind of wierd to have an all-male town.

Will we be able to create our own armor using blueprints?

Will we be able to smoke swampweed and get high like in G2, or get drunk?

How far is your progress on the combat and magic systems? Are they finished and implemented?

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Apprentice

gam_jonte ist offline
    Do you have any new news regarding animal behavior, such as sleeping and hunting?
    And also regarding skinning and cooking meat from animals?
    I know you answered these already but you didn't know at the time what you(they) were planning.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

raduku ist offline
    Will you implement a more chalenging combat system with large monsters like trolls or dragons? Like you have to somehow get on the beast's head and then stab it or lure it into a trap and other tactics like that? Because it's wierd to fight a huge creature and kill it by just grazing it's feet

Will there be major world events that will leave a scar in the land? I mean like the destruction of a... mabey a city is too much but a camp or something. I ask you this because i saw two artworks that showed the same city but in one of the artworks it was intact and in the other it was destroyed.

Will there be be secrets of the islands that you will learn only as part of one guild? Like in Gothic II that cave near the black troll with the chest sourounded by lights that contained a blank rune required for the test of fire. I was so curious about it. And mabey not only places but quests and story too. For example, you only found out who the seekers were before only as a mage. Well you get my point

Will there be a cartography skill in Arcania? This is more like a suggestion than a question but i think it would be nice that for instance: you buy a map(maps should be vague and not reveal too much) of a part of the island and it doesn't show you too much and as you explore the map you have becomes more detailed, you see smaller roads enterances to caves outposts etc. This should be graduate so in the begining it showes general things but as you improve your skill the map can become more amd more detailed, we wouldn't want too much right fron the start right?
    Geändert von raduku (13.05.2009 um 11:24 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    CM Spellbound a. D.

EDL ist offline
    Hi,

here are the answers to the latest questions. Have fun!

-EDL

-----------------------------

I'm a resident of Mexico, and I find it EXTREMELEY HARD to find the Gothic games. Do you have any kind of information on that marketing aspect? And also, I saw that there was going to be a spanish translation. While I understand not EVERYONE in my country knows english, I'd like to have that option available to me, rather than having a spanish translation (many times, spanish voice actors stink, especially in recent games).
    I think the american publisher Dreamcatcher could answer your question here. http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/

Can you play guitar in Arcania?
    I can reveal that NPCs with a banjo were seen lately.

Will there be female orcs? Because in the previous games they were absent. It was OK in G2 and 3 because in those games we only saw the orcish army, but in G1 was kind of wierd to have an all-male town.
    Nobody knows how to tell a male from a female orc. This is one of the great unsolved puzzles of this race.

Will we be able to create our own armor using blueprints?
    That is planned, yes.

Will we be able to smoke swampweed and get high like in G2, or get drunk?
    Legal issues play a role here especially for the US market. No drugs!

How far is your progress on the combat and magic systems? Are they finished and implemented?
    Combat is 90 % done, Magic is still under development. New ideas come up every day.

Do you have any new news regarding animal behavior, such as sleeping and hunting?
    They will do that, the animations are done.

And also regarding skinning and cooking meat from animals?
    Both are on the to-do-list

Will you implement a more chalenging combat system with large monsters like trolls or dragons? Like you have to somehow get on the beast's head and then stab it or lure it into a trap and other tactics like that? Because it's wierd to fight a huge creature and kill it by just grazing it's feet
    No, no way to do that, but the fight will be a challenge.

Will there be major world events that will leave a scar in the land? I mean like the destruction of a... mabey a city is too much but a camp or something. I ask you this because i saw two artworks that showed the same city but in one of the artworks it was intact and in the other it was destroyed.
    The artworks show only one event in the game. There may be more.

Will there be be secrets of the islands that you will learn only as part of one guild? Like in Gothic II that cave near the black troll with the chest sourounded by lights that contained a blank rune required for the test of fire. I was so curious about it. And mabey not only places but quests and story too. For example, you only found out who the seekers were before only as a mage. Well you get my point
    Yes, you should play the game at least twice, because certain quests will be different and bring to different locations. Depends on who you work for.

Will there be a cartography skill in Arcania? This is more like a suggestion than a question but i think it would be nice that for instance: you buy a map(maps should be vague and not reveal too much) of a part of the island and it doesn't show you too much and as you explore the map you have becomes more detailed, you see smaller roads enterances to caves outposts etc. This should be graduate so in the begining it showes general things but as you improve your skill the map can become more amd more detailed, we wouldn't want too much right fron the start right?
    Sorry, very nice feature, like in Wizadry VII, but will not do it.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Demigod Avatar von Amalor

Amalor ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von EDL Beitrag anzeigen
    Legal issues play a role here especially for the US market. No drugs!
    Hi EDL,

could you explain that a bit more? No drugs, means no wine no beer and so on in Arcania, or no swampweed, or just no drunken/high effects?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Ritter Avatar von Shadow

Shadow ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Amalor Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi EDL,

could you explain that a bit more? No drugs, means no wine no beer and so on in Arcania, or no swampweed, or just no drunken/high effects?
    yeah,EDL please explain a bit more,

a gothic without swampweed?

Seite 1 von 10 123458 ... Letzte »