Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 88
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline

[G2] [Mod] The Golden Gate

Hi! I'd like to present You project of modification for Gothic 2 Night of the Raven "The Golden Gate". In mod we play as the Nameless Hero, who leaves Myrtana, where war was finally over, and wishes to get back to Khorinis. He wants to recall old good times of his adventures. When he comes to the city he learns that it's very strange and complicated situation in Jarkendar. The Paladins want to do away with Pirates, but also a very dangerous plague of Beliar has come to Jarkendar. Of course the Nameless Hero decides to set out there...

There will be completely new story, many new NPC, a huge new world and many other innovations in The Golden Gate.

We, Golden Gate Team create it from some time, now we want to show it on this forum. We are planning to make english version of mod, english version of site in now available.

More about the story:

Jarkendar – Once untamed and forgotten part of the island of Khorinis, now its teeming with all sorts of inhabitants. Since Raven’s death the region has become no longer non recognizable by anyone. Just on contrary it has gained fame.
    Beside camps of Pirates and Bandits, strong Orcs camp is established. Also the Water Mages under the command of Saturas come to the Valley, who wants to explore inside of temple of Adanos.

Meanwhile Pirates have a new cruel leader – Hannibal. In short amount of time he becomes a daredevil of local area. He even dares to attack the Khorinis and, burns down the harbour city. Special expedition of Paladins, command under the hand of Lord Hagen, venture to the valley to do away with Pirates.

However in all of these events the worst is that to the region which has belonged to Adanos since ages, herds of Beliar creatures comes flooding the region. Nobody knows what is causing this even the Water Mages are helpless… Whole situation falls under more mysterious circumstances, because Beliars’ herds began to come, while a peasant found stone tablet with ancient inscriptions. Examined by one of the Water Mage, it turns out to be priceless relict describing the hidden crypt full of treasures and wealth. The crypt bears name – The Golden Gate. Unfortunately on the next day the stone tablet goes missing under mysterious circumstances.
    The Nameless Hero after he leaves Myrtana, where war finally was over, wishes to get back to Khorinis. He wanted to recall old good times of his adventures. When he comes to the city he learns all about situation. Of course he decides to set out to the Jharkendar…
    Which camp do I join?
    Whom will I help?
    What’s behind the plague of Beliar?
    How to get to the mysterious crypt?
    You will find those and other answers playing mod – THE GOLDEN GATE.

In that shortly summarized way, draft of the plot of the G2 NotR modification – present itself.

What will modification offer us?
    - new, interesting story
    - changed Jharkendar as well as a new huge world
    - a lot of new NPCs and quests
    - possibility of joining four guilds (The Paladins, The Pirates, The Orcs, The Water Mages)
    - a few innovations
    - possibility of meeting our old friends from Gothic 1 and 2

The Paladins Camp
    It will be regular camp of the paladins headed by Lord Hagen. Few dozen paladins and few militiamen live in the camp though some of them are trusted Lord Hagen’s men. Beside we will meet there few inhabitants of Khorinis who trade or help paladins. In the mod we can venture into adventure beginning as a regular knight and, being promote to the governor of Khorinis!

The Water Mages Camp
    Six Magicians are in the camp. Each of them examines something else. The Water Mages Camp is temporarily set because their aim is get to the temple of Adanos (which is under control of the bandits). The bandits do not want agree upon it so, the mages must wait till events take its place, hoping that they finally reach their goal.

The Bandits Camp
    The bandits since death of Raven have gone through serious metamorphose. Bandit Alvaro became a chief of the bandits after Thorus left for the Myrthana. He made a lot of changes in the camp. After all he divided bandits into guilds: guild of hunters, guild of guards and guild of the gold mine supervisors. Apart from that there are no slaves in the mine but well paid diggers. The hunters take care of food provisions and skins, the guards protect the camp from beasts’ attacks and, mine supervisors take care of digger safety as well as they administrate diggers’ work. Alvaros’ and other bandits’ aim is to receive pardon. They want to start a new life and settle down somewhere in peaceful place. That’s why arrival of the Paladins and the Water Mages come in handy for them. They hope that somehow they will receive reprieve.

The Orcs Camp
    The orcs have their camp in the canyon just like it was in G2 NotR but, now it is much bigger. Many Orcs came to Jharkendar. Most of them settled down in the canyon and the rest near the House of Priests. Varek is the Orcs chief but the five highest orcs shamans are of great significance as well. They spend most of their time in the former Scholars Library which now serves as temple. However they do not worship Beliar there. Now the Orcs worship the Spirit of their Ancestors who grant them security and protection. They turn away from Beliar, when they learned that, he enslaved and used them to reach his vile aims. That’s why the Orcs have now hostile attitude toward Beliar’s creatures and are friends of humans (apart from camp of pirates with whom they’re fighting a little war). In the Orcs camp there is arena on which fights are arranged.

The Pirates Camp
    The Pirates Camp completely does not resemble the camp we know from the add-on Night of the Raven. It’s not only about how it looks but is about the pirates attitude. From former Greg’s crews only three are in the camp. The rest of them were killed on orders of cruel Hannibal or went to the island, on which there are headquarters of all pirates under command of Hannibal. Because Greg and Henry didn’t want to accept new superior Hannibal ordered to hang them. Each of the pirates is cruel and ruthless who jump at occasion to plunder someone’s purse. That’s why being in this camp one must be on his guard all the time. Every one of those cutthroats has a numerous human lives on his ‘no conscience’. Only strength and cleverness make that one gain more respect in this camp.

If you want to know more and see some screens, visit our site: http://www.zlotewrota.org/eng/
    And today we also released trailer of our mod, nice watching!

If you have any questions, opinions, suggestions let us know
    Geändert von Sentarion (09.02.2013 um 09:39 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Local Hero Avatar von Made of chaos

Made of chaos ist offline
    First i want to congratulate your team for making this mod, as it seems it's going to be great since Jarkendar is alive in action again. Thanks again guys!
    Second here are some questions for you:

1- How many hours do you estimate the game will be?

2- Does Valley of Mines plays any role to the story? what i mean is, we will be able to explore it? Well I'm a bit confused, the story takes place only at Jarkendar? If yes then just ignore this question and the next two.

3- How do we get access to Jarkendar? By teleportation?

4- What about the previous guild's, Mercenaries and Fire mages?

5- Did you expand the Jarkendar map?

6- If we join to one guild what will be the consequences to the others? Give examples. As i see if i join Pirates Guild i will be a hostile to Paladins in some way...

7- What is your progress? How much time do you estimate it will take to finish it?

8- Will you first release it on Poland version and after a while on English? Or you're going to release it at the same time?

9- You say something about a new huge world. Could you give us more info on it?

That's should be enough for now... Thanks for your time!!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Made of chaos Beitrag anzeigen
    1- How many hours do you estimate the game will be?
    I think it'll be about 40 hours.
    2- Does Valley of Mines plays any role to the story? what i mean is, we will be able to explore it? Well I'm a bit confused, the story takes place only at Jarkendar? If yes then just ignore this question and the next two.
    We start game at once in Jarkendar and it's the only part of Khorinis we can explore, so we don't meet Mercenaries and Fire Mages.
    5- Did you expand the Jarkendar map?
    Rather not, we will create a big, new world.
    6- If we join to one guild what will be the consequences to the others? Give examples. As i see if i join Pirates Guild i will be a hostile to Paladins in some way...
    Yes, of course it there are seriuos consequences depends on which guild we will join. Every guild has its own story less or more different, so it'll have a big influent on game. This is one of our most important aims - to make such game that will be different every time we join other guild.
    7- What is your progress? How much time do you estimate it will take to finish it?
    Current progress is about 50-60%, but there is still a lot to do. We'd like to finish it this year, but will see if we are able to do it.
    8- Will you first release it on Poland version and after a while on English? Or you're going to release it at the same time?
    I think polish version will be first, but english version should be a bit later.
    9- You say something about a new huge world. Could you give us more info on it?
    New world will be two times bigger than island Khorinis, so you can imagine it! First impression on this world you can see on these screens http://www.zlotewrota.pl/screeny6.html

That's should be enough for now... Thanks for your time!!
    No problem

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    General Avatar von C-SA

C-SA ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Xardas Bruder Beitrag anzeigen
    I think it'll be about 40 hours.

Rather not, we will create a big, new world.
    respect

Current progress is about 50-60%, but there is still a lot to do. We'd like to finish it this year, but will see if we are able to do it.

I think polish version will be first, but english version should be a bit later.

New world will be two times bigger than island Khorinis, so you can imagine it! First impression on this world you can see on these screens http://www.zlotewrota.pl/screeny6.html
    Uhh, nice.

I hope it will be finished. It's a great project.

C-SA

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Knight Avatar von Th13f

Th13f ist offline
    This looks like a great MOD. After taking a look at the trailer I added it into my most expected MODs along with The Curse of the Southern Islands, Khorana and Legend of Ahssun. I only hope that my project will be as good as well.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Knight Avatar von vivaxardas

vivaxardas ist offline
    Looks like a great mod! Good luck!
    SKEPTICISM IS A VIRTUE!

Лидия: Любимый, я беременна!
    Я: ФУС-РО-ДА!!!!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Warrior Avatar von bergo

bergo ist offline
    Mods like this one make G1 and G2 incomparable. My first serious game was Gothic. Now I cannot play any other game... they seem to me stupid...

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline
    With our mod we want to prolong the story of Gothic and the Nameless Hero, so we also hope the Golden Gate let us jump into wonderful Gothic world and take a part in great, new adventures.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9

@Xardas Bruder
    It's been almost a month since the last time we got news, so is there any news about the mod???

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Ranger Avatar von Zelazko

Zelazko ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Made of chaos Beitrag anzeigen
    @Xardas Bruder
    It's been almost a month since the last time we got news, so is there any news about the mod???
    The modification is still being developed. The things are moving smoothly

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11

Zitat Zitat von zelazko Beitrag anzeigen
    The modification is still being developed. The things are moving smoothly
    well that's great! if there is anything else new just keep us update...

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline
    Today we added a few screenshots that show Monastery of Water Mages. Nice wathching! http://www.zlotewrota.pl/eng/
    Geändert von Sentarion (11.07.2009 um 12:56 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13

nice monastery you got there!!! good work!!!

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14
    Warrior Avatar von Colmar

Colmar ist offline
    Looks like a great mod! The setting of Jharkendar is really cool, so you made a very good choice about the set of the story. I like also the possibility of join different "guilds" and their transformation in time.

I have a question for you: since Water Mages, Paladins etc are living in ancient ruins and the story is after G3, have you intentions of modify these buildings, reconstruct them as the painting etc. or do you want to leave them their original look?

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline
    We rather leave them in original appearance, I think they look very good

We also created new layout of our site, you can see it here http://www.zlotewrota.pl/eng/

BTW Colmar, this is great site about Gothic, I didn't know also in Italy Gothic is popular
    Geändert von Sentarion (10.07.2009 um 00:25 Uhr)

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Warrior Avatar von Colmar

Colmar ist offline
    Oh great new site, Xardas Bruder, now I understand why there were some problems with the previous site.
    About the ancient ruins, I also like them and their old look, but I'd like to see them different too, maybe I'll try something in future.

Original choice about the statue of Adanos - Christ the Redeemer of Buenos Aires, and great change for the sky with numbs.

About the italian site, well, the Italian Community isn't very well-know because Gothic games had a "strange destiny": Gothic 1 is almost unobtainable because was translated by a publisher different from the one of Gothic 2 and 3, and so there are some problems of copyrights; Gothic 2 came in Italy a little late and in version 2.7 ; only Gothic 3 had a good destiny, apart from common bugs...
    For these and other reasons, in Italy the communty fan is increased only in the last years and by a few time we started to translate some english mods.

P.S. sorry for the part OT

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Colmar Beitrag anzeigen
    About the ancient ruins, I also like them and their old look, but I'd like to see them different too, maybe I'll try something in future.
    I think we'll try to do some ancient ruins in different style in a new world

Original choice about the statue of Adanos - Christ the Redeemer of Buenos Aires, and great change for the sky with numbs.
    Yes, the staue of Adanos was created on the pattern of this figure. At last Adanos is "the highest" god and he created the world. So I think the figure of Christ the Redeemer is a good choice and I hope nobody is scandalized by it

About the italian site, well, the Italian Community isn't very well-know because Gothic games had a "strange destiny": Gothic 1 is almost unobtainable because was translated by a publisher different from the one of Gothic 2 and 3, and so there are some problems of copyrights; Gothic 2 came in Italy a little late and in version 2.7 ; only Gothic 3 had a good destiny, apart from common bugs...
    For these and other reasons, in Italy the communty fan is increased only in the last years and by a few time we started to translate some english mods.

P.S. sorry for the part OT
    No problem, it's very interesting that Gothic and mods are popular in so many different countries

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Rookie Avatar von xSpaWn

xSpaWn ist offline

hello

i have only 1 question ... what about mercenaries , fire mages and milita ... ? will you be able to join them too or they won't exist anymore ? thank your for you answer.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Ranger

Sentarion ist offline
    We won't meet them in the modification, they don't appear in Jarkendar or in any new worlds, but there will be some new guilds

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

is there any new about this modification??

Seite 1 von 5 12345 Letzte »