Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Ranger

Bartacus ist offline

Gothic quest in German version

I have a question. There's suposed to be a quest in the original Gothic with the camp at the Troll Canyon. In the English Gothic there's no such thing, but is it true that there's a quest involving this at the German version?
    Against a man with a gun, a man with a pistol is a dead man.
    Only Clint proved otherwise!

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2

nomina nuda tenemus

Der Zirkel um Xardas im Forenrollenspiel
    Don-Esteban ist offline
    No, in German Gothic there is'nt also a quest with the bandits at this place. Perhaps it was planned by the developers, but in fact there is nothing to do for the player.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3
    Ranger

Bartacus ist offline
    Is there a mod that makes use of it? It would be a cool idea, I think. Still we would probadly divided again by the language barrier. (Btw, I can't make any mods and I neither have the time of learning how. Perhaps one day this will change, but not now.)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Fighter Avatar von MercSteff

MercSteff ist offline
    this is just another of those "unfinished bussines" that PB got us used to by now! in the next gothic you will say "ah, so that's why ..."

5. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #5

nomina nuda tenemus

Don-Esteban ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Bartacus
    Is there a mod that makes use of it? It would be a cool idea, I think. Still we would probadly divided again by the language barrier. (Btw, I can't make any mods and I neither have the time of learning how. Perhaps one day this will change, but not now.)
    Yes, there is a German Mod, called "Sammelmod" (means "collecting-mod") with several little improvements. One of them is a new quest, the player gets from the ore baron Raven, to take this bandit camp out, because the bandits are a treat for the old camp convoys. (He says so, but the bandits only stand in this camp and do nothing.)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #6
    Ranger

Bartacus ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Don-Esteban
    He says so, but the bandits only stand in this camp and do nothing.
    Perhaps it's a bug in the mod?

7. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #7

nomina nuda tenemus

Don-Esteban ist offline
    No, not a bug, they stand in the camp, just like NPC in Gothic do this. In all camps NPC standing around and do... nothing (or nothing important) - why should it be different in the troll canyon bandit camp?

With my words "but the bandits only stand in this camp and do nothing" I suppose, that in Gothic no scripted events like an bandit raid exist and therefor this quest from Raven is not so very plausible.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Knight Avatar von Dez

Dez ist offline
    Gothic III needs more scripted evenents.

The point what i'm trying to get across is the fact that in gothic 3, there should not occur anymore those "lord hagen" moments.One can not stop wondering, did pb run out of money when they never solved the problem in the old valley very well.Imo the orc warlord quest hinted about the possibility for us to see some cool paladin action, but it was quite a letdown as only solution was to open the gates and let the orcs in and hope the best..Imagine how cool it could have been if you could have gone to the old walley with lord hagen and all the paladins to kick some orcbutt together.No wonder the king is loosing the war if all his officers are as incompetent as lord Hagen and commander Garond are.The boys can talk big but are actually unable to do anything significant.

9. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Ranger

Bartacus ist offline
    I think it would be very difficult to implement a full battle in Gothic with allies. Remember the focus thing, it's really hard not to hit a friend when there is only one compagnon.