Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 15 12345812 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 290
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline

[G2 MOD] Heights of Power - Discussion Thread

Ok this is a continuation of my earlier thread on the Fan-Made Gothic Sequel. I have decided to talk about this expansion here to keep my other thread clean and only have news about the sequel.

Basically this will add a bunch of features to Gothic II Gold:Night of the Raven without adding any new quests or anything. This will come with the new weapons I was going to add, but due to snags and other hassles I have decided to delay my initial release to add and implement the features of this expansion. Here's what I'm planning to implement and/or change, by no means a complete list:

Features

- Several New Weapons, both Melee and Ranged
    - Some Existing Weapons have been made stronger
    - Bows/Crossbows which add bow/crossbow talent
    - A New Special Weapon, upgradable at Innos Shrines!
    - Many Armors have been made stronger and offer better protection
    - Belts for Paladin's/Dragon Hunter's Armor
    - New Jewelry
    - Elixirs of Strength/Dexterity offer a +5 bonus.
    Those were basically what I had implemented before or was planning to add. Here's what I'm still adding, you guys will love this.

- XP Yields of most quests have been doubled or tripled, or even more in some cases.
    - LP costs are static, will only cost 1 LP per skill point to train Statistics or Weapon Talents.
    - Costs less LP to learn certain special skills (ie hunting, alchemy, etc.)
    - New Weapons to Forge.
    - Stone Tablets are now far more effective.
    - Stats can now be trained up to 300.
    - Joining the Militia now adds +10% to all your weapon talents, Joining the Mercenaries now grants a +15 bonus to your Strength/Dexterity, Joining the Monastery gives you a +25 Mana Bonus.
    - King's Sorrel, Dragonroots, and Goblin Berries are now far more plentiful!
    That was the nice part, here's where it gets ugly.
    - All enemies will now be SIGNIFICANTLY tougher, they are now twice as strong in some cases. However they will yield far more XP.
    - The Dragons are now truly fearsome adversaries, the weakest of them has been made nearly as tough as the Undead Dragon, and for the Undead Dragon, well.... he's pretty evil now . You will CRY when you fight them now, trust me!
    - There will be waayyyyy more Orcs in the Valley of Mines, making it look more like an area under siege, as opposed to it looking like the orcs are having some sort of rally. (UR-SHAK for President!)
    - Actual Orcs behind the Orc Wall, *gasp* did I say that? Of course, you'll have to find your way over first. The Valley of Mines will get a lot cooler, and the Orcs a lot tougher! Of course, the mighty alien dwarf's warning will still be there, but go a little farther and you will be cursing the lying bastard!
    Thats basically it, though there will be a lot more added before I'm done! You will see why the expansion is called The Heights of Power, as in the end, the Nameless Hero will become a really fearsome dude, about as powerful as you typically are by the end of Gothic 3, perhaps even more so!
    Geändert von Korianous (09.08.2008 um 15:15 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2

Korianous ist offline
    Alright. After many tears and shrieks of rage, I have a working build compiled and running. Will post a link soon.

Sit tight guys.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

Korianous ist offline
    I have added another change. I have removed the ability to learn to take dragon scales/blood from Gestath or Godar. Instead, you learn to harvest Dragon Parts from Ancient Tomes found in the Monastery/Valley of Mines.

There are two reasons I did this. First off, Dragons are creatures that have reportedly not been seen for centuries. How the hell would anyone know how to skin/gut them! They must have played Gothic II gold a lot, on their magical computers.

I'm still testing some more stuff. When I'm convinced most things are working the way they should be, I will release a test build.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4

Korianous ist offline
    We have a beta! At last!

Beta Release.rar

Please note, that this is NOT the finished, completed, product. I simply wanted to release what I've done so far for some feedback, commentary, etc.

Also, everything may not work 100%, some things aren't fully implemented, so this is more of a public beta test more than anything. If your looking to actually play through it, I'd recommend starting a NEW GAME first, as some things will likely not work without doing so.

One interesting thing I've noticed is that, monsters seem to still have their original XP values, despite my modified scripts. Interestingly, manually inserting some monsters using marvin mode seemed to have my script values. Perhaps they will get tougher when inserted in Chapter 2? Dunno, haven't play tested enough just yet. If you find out before I do, or have any suggestion on how to fix this, leave a comment here plz.

Feel free to dl, read the release notes, and please leave some feedback and commentary. It'll only make the mod better and more enjoyable for everyone. Enjoy people!

Korianous

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    For the lazy ones, could you provide examples on what really changed?
    Name of item, previous value, new value. Something like that.
    I could test it, but I can't do a real gameplay, no time for it, and some things I might never notice. (I wouldn't know if Armor_X had protection 10 instead of 15, for example)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mistress_larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    For the lazy ones, could you provide examples on what really changed?
    Name of item, previous value, new value. Something like that.
    I could test it, but I can't do a real gameplay, no time for it, and some things I might never notice. (I wouldn't know if Armor_X had protection 10 instead of 15, for example)
    Hmm, ok.

Raven's Guard Armor-Before
    Protection
    vs. Weapons- 70
    vs. Arrows- 70

Now

vs. Weapons- 80
    vs. Arrows- 80
    vs. Fire- 35
    vs. Magic- 15

Ring of Water Armor
    vs. Weapons -50
    vs. Arrows- 50
    vs. Magic- 5

Now

vs. Weapons- 60
    vs. Arrows- 60
    vs. Fire- 5
    vs. Magic-15

As for your second point, I don't think there's much point to doing REAL gameplay before the product is totally finished. Not much has been added, many things are still unimplemented, and it still needs ironing out. This is more of a test product, I'm mainly releasing just for feedback and to see what ppl think so far.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Hmm, ok.
    Ok, copied the vdf to \Data, started a new game, used the console to insert the armors:

Ring of Water armor:
    W 50
    A 50
    F
    M 10

Raven's Guard armor:
    W 80
    A 80
    F 35
    M 15

So, from the examples you provided, only the Raven's works as intended.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8

Korianous ist offline
    Yeah, When I was editing/changing stuff, I must have forgotten to edit those values. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until just now. Sorry about that. I will definitely fix that. Bear in mind that I went through a lot of editing, deleting and changing of scripts, so a lot of stuff has still been left out. Thanks for your input, hopefully the next build will have fewer errors!

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Bear in mind that I went through a lot of editing, deleting and changing of scripts, so a lot of stuff has still been left out.
    No need to excuse yourself.

Thanks for your input, hopefully the next build will have fewer errors!
    The more examples of what is changed you give me, the more I can test.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10

Korianous ist offline
    Try buying the dexterity based two-handed weapons.

Martin should sell the Kensai's Two Hander.
    Khaled should sell Bishimon's Arm.
    Fisk sells the Masterwork Two-Hander.

What else?

I believe Cronos, Hakon, and some other ppl sold the new jewelry, but I dont think you can buy that stuff until Chapter 2. Will check my scripts and have a look.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Martin should sell the Kensai's Two Hander.
    Khaled should sell Bishimon's Arm.
    Yes and yes.

Fisk sells the Masterwork Two-Hander.
    Hmmm.... could I go to AddonWorld without doing the proper quests and be in chapter 1?

As for the jewelry, Hakon didn't sell nothing unusual in Ch 1, so I guess you're correct.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12

Korianous ist offline
    I suppose, find the insert codes for the ornamental ring and insert it into the portal.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Knight Avatar von HellFog

HellFog ist offline
    nice mod so far , but try not to unbalance it to much...

Hmmm.... could I go to AddonWorld without doing the proper quests and be in chapter 1?
    just activate marvinmode and then press K in front of the portal, so easy.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von GoldSaint Beitrag anzeigen
    nice mod so far , but try not to unbalance it to much...
    Ohh it won't be trust me! When everything is done, it should be just as tough as NOTR, if not more so. Dragons for instance, have double the HP they previously did. There will be a lot more Orcs around, and a lot of other stuff. Thanks for the compliments though, I promise I wont disappoint!

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15

Korianous ist offline
    Updated Beta Release,

http://upload.worldofplayers.de/file...ta Release.rar

Probably the only time you will EVER see two builds in one day!

Also, this will most likely be the last build open to the public. If you would like to be a beta tester please send me a PM, but expect to be put to work !

Direct all feedback/comments here, please. Read the Release Notes for related info, and installation. Thanks

--Korianous

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    OK, at beta2 from what I've tested:

Bosper and Khaled do sell bow-talent bows.
    Ring of Water armor has the values corected.
    Fisk does sell Masterwork 2 hander

Scatty doesn't have the Ore Baron's Guards Armor in his inventory. Maybe it's chapter/quest related?

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17
    Knight Avatar von RobinHood 13.

RobinHood 13. ist offline
    The project sounds great, and could be if you manage to balance it correctly.
    There's alot of things you need to take into consideration.
    how though the enemies will be depending on how far you are, number of enemies etc.
    Also I see one problem. XP sounds easy to get, and if it is like you mean one-hander, two-hander, crossbow, bow will now only require 1lp, therefore it will be much more rewarding to train that than strenght, or others. Maybe put 2lp to even this out + mana should be able to train to atleast 500.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18

Korianous ist offline
    OK, at beta2 from what I've tested:

Bosper and Khaled do sell bow-talent bows.
    Ring of Water armor has the values corected.
    Fisk does sell Masterwork 2 hander

Scatty doesn't have the Ore Baron's Guards Armor in his inventory. Maybe it's chapter/quest related?
    Hmm. I opened up his inventory in game to check. He does have it, but he wont sell it. I guess there's some special commands involving selling armor? I'll have to look into it.

Zitat Zitat von RobinHood 13. Beitrag anzeigen
    The project sounds great, and could be if you manage to balance it correctly.
    There's alot of things you need to take into consideration.
    how though the enemies will be depending on how far you are, number of enemies etc.
    Also I see one problem. XP sounds easy to get, and if it is like you mean one-hander, two-hander, crossbow, bow will now only require 1lp, therefore it will be much more rewarding to train that than strenght, or others. Maybe put 2lp to even this out + mana should be able to train to atleast 500.
    Not really sure what you mean by there being more incentive to train weapon talents as opposed to stats? Those weapon talents wont do you any good if you lack the strength/dexterity to wield them.

Also, yes I am planning to up the stat limits. You should be able to train your stats up to 500 (I was initially going to do 300, but w/e). Also, quest XP will be more rewarding, but kill XP will be much harder to get, as every creature is significantly tougher.

I promise, I am not drastically unbalancing the game. It should retain the same difficulty, or if anything, it should be harder when I'm done.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    Hmm. I opened up his inventory in game to check. He does have it, but he wont sell it. I guess there's some special commands involving selling armor? I'll have to look into it.
    In my test, he doesn't have it in inventory. Btw, I started a new game after I copied the beta2 vdf.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20

Korianous ist offline
    I meant if you took possession of his character with marvin mode. It seems to be in his personal inventory, but not his sale inventory.

Seite 1 von 15 12345812 ... Letzte »