Ergebnis 61 bis 80 von 290
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #61
    General Avatar von Korianous

Korianous ist offline
    Thanks dude.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #62

Korianous ist offline
    Hmm. I have recently begun thinking about doing a similar mod for Gothic 1 & 3, with the same title. I would like to expand upon the features of Gothic 1, and 3, despite limited ability to mod the 3rd Game.

Here are some planned features for each:

Gothic 1- The Mantle of the Ore Barons

This will expand upon the NoName Mod, and do a bunch of other cool stuff. It will be a pretty big mod, so expect new gameplay, quests, etc. Here's what I'd like to do:

- The Incorporation of Alchemy (brew potions, dragonroots, goblin berries, and king's sorrel for Gothic 1)
    -Replace the armor textures of the Rogues/Mercenaries, and Guards with the textures of Gothic II.
    - a blacksmith in the New Camp, who will teach you to forge new weapons.
    - Improved Weapon, Armor, and Potion Values.
    - More Kill Xp for Monsters.
    - New Monsters (may or may not do this)
    - Stone will sell you the Heavy Guard's Armor.
    - Much more
    I think I will start this after I complete the present mod and the one for Gothic 3, as it will be the most work.

Im somewhat unsure about the Gothic 3 mod, as Im not sure what I can and cant do to mod Gothic 3. So I may add or remove planned features as I discover what is possible and what isnt.

Gothic 3- The Decider's Ascension

I basically want to make the NH the legendary figure he truly is with this mod. It sorta leans toward power gamers, but it could be justified by the previous storyline.

I will build and expand features of other peoples texture mods, because they all kickass. Dont worry authors, you will recieve proper credit for what you did. The mod wouldnt be successful without you!

Here's what I'm planning to do:

- Redo the textures of all the armors (because they all suck IMO, seriously having every armor look the same but have different colors was as weak as you can get)

- Old Armors for Diego, Lester, Gorn, and Lee, these were made possible by Vercingetorix, WernerTWC, and others. I'm giving Gorn his Old Dragon Hunters Armor, I believe Vercingetorix was working on making the old Mercenary Armor. IMO he did a kickass job making Lester's Novice Armor, so Im only expecting great things from him.

-Will tie in Gothic 3 Reloaded mod, so expect some nicer textures, and other things.

-Improved Value of Potions, Weapons do more damage.

-Stone Tablets now have double the bonus to AK.

-Doubled Starting Stats. I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it can be done, it'd be awesome.

- You now start off with 25 Ancient Knowledge.

-Tougher Monsters.

-More EXP, Better Quest Rewards.

-Easier To Gain Reputation among Factions, most quests will net you bigger bonuses. The Idea is to be able to make you popular enough to be admitted to enter Ishtar, see Kan, and do other things without liberating a city or killing Water Mages or Nomads.

-Again, expect features to be added or removed as soon as I discover what is possible and what isn't.
    Basically that's all for now. Aside from that annoucement, some more news about the Heights of Power:

I have added several new features, planning to add belts for Dragon Hunter's and Paladin's Armor. Also Huno now sells the Ore Baron's Armor, I thought that would make much more sense.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #63
    Warrior Avatar von Colmar

Colmar ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, I have played through a couple of times now. I have noticed a few things, mainly how mainstream creatures are easier to beat, but beasts like wargs, dragon snappers, shadowbeasts and the Orcs have become incredibly formidable adversaries.

Anyone else have feedback?
    i'm playing in this days as a Paladin (i'm in the third chapter and i must still finish quests in Jharkendar); some feedback:
    -i quote about the difficulty in fight with creatures like wargs, orcs...
    -joining militia adds right % to weapon talents
    -at least in the 3° chapter Lutero sell only one of Dragon Hunt Tomes, while Karras sell both the tomes but i don't buy them yet; Gestath & Godar don't teach how to gut Dragons
    -new Belt, rings and amulets (strenght+dexterity)
    -new sword based on dexterity, new crossbows
    -more experience from some creatures (i remember Snapper, Wargs, Orc warriors, Shadowbeasts, Swamp Rats, Lizards)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #64
    Knight Commander Avatar von AngelOfGothic

AngelOfGothic ist offline
    K.All of that sounds very nice,i will certanly play with this mod .
    But now i have to finish all the mods for gothic 1.
    But 1 question:I have to install all the patches or only the last one?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #65

Colmar ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von xswamp Beitrag anzeigen
    K.All of that sounds very nice,i will certanly play with this mod .
    But now i have to finish all the mods for gothic 1.
    But 1 question:I have to install all the patches or only the last one?
    only the last one

6. Beiträge anzeigen #66

Korianous ist offline
    Yea just the latest release. Follow the instructions on the release notes, they also have a list of features.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #67
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline
    Since you've asked for feedback of what seems possible to me, here it is:

-Doubled Starting Stats. I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it can be done, it'd be awesome.
    - You now start off with 25 Ancient Knowledge.
    There are some values in the pc_hero template, you could experiment with those, ... but imho it would be hard to edit the starting stats, ... possible workaround would be a special drink, could be given by Hamlar in the beginning (after freeing Ardea).

The rest should be possible if you keen enough.

The Idea is to be able to make you popular enough to be admitted to enter Ishtar
    Lichtwicht is working on an "Enter-Ishtar-Mod", should be partly also in english:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...4&#post7124524

8. Beiträge anzeigen #68

Korianous ist offline
    thanks very much Werner

9. Beiträge anzeigen #69
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    When's the alpha version coming out?

Edit: It doesn't work for me. Shall we do something with the source.rar, os just copy the vdfs to the data library?
    Geändert von Petyamester (06.09.2008 um 11:58 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #70

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Petyamester Beitrag anzeigen
    When's the alpha version coming out?
    I have released a beta. currently its at v0.6 but the last public release was v0.5

Edit: It doesn't work for me. Shall we do something with the source.rar, os just copy the vdfs to the data library?
    I believe someone else was having this problem. Did you follow all the instructions on the install? Read some previous posts.

What exactly are you having problems with? Does anything work as intended? Check everything first. Make sure you've followed the instructions. The source code is for developers only, who are curious about what I did, it's not required for the mod to work. You need to start a new game as well for the mod to work, it doesn't work with old saves, as much of the game has been altered.

Also, what version do you have? It's confirmed that the mod works on the English, German, and Italian versions of Gothic II Gold.
    Geändert von Korianous (06.09.2008 um 15:26 Uhr)

11. Beiträge anzeigen #71
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    I have the 2.7 addon. Hm, I reached the city of khorinis now, and I get 500 xp from Vatras for the letter and 500 xp more for the name of cavalorn. I remember I had 200+200 before. So it works? But the enemies give the same amount of xp, and they aren't stronger.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #72

Korianous ist offline
    Which ones? Young Wolves & Young Giant Rats are the same, otherwise the game would be too tough early on. But the Goblins should have been stronger.

The exp values work fine for most. Dunno whats up with that. But if one part is working, all of them should. Go try killing one of the wolves outside Khorinis, at the east gate. Wolves should yield 100 XP now.

13. Beiträge anzeigen #73
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Korianous Beitrag anzeigen
    Which ones? Young Wolves & Young Giant Rats are the same, otherwise the game would be too tough early on. But the Goblins should have been stronger.

The exp values work fine for most. Dunno whats up with that. But if one part is working, all of them should. Go try killing one of the wolves outside Khorinis, at the east gate. Wolves should yield 100 XP now.
    You're right. I thought they were also 100 until now.

14. Beiträge anzeigen #74

Korianous ist offline
    cool.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #75
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    Just an idea, you should fix the bug with Lares, when we ask him first to take us to the tavern, there's no more option for going to Saturas, and no option for the forest trip later on.

16. Beiträge anzeigen #76

Korianous ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Petyamester Beitrag anzeigen
    Just an idea, you should fix the bug with Lares, when we ask him first to take us to the tavern, there's no more option for going to Saturas, and no option for the forest trip later on.
    That bug was there before I was modding.

In case that isn't what you meant, I'm not entirely sure what causes that bug, as there isn't anything in the dialogue files, at least from what I can see, that causes it. The error seems to be in the OU.BIN itself, I can't really do anything against it.

17. Beiträge anzeigen #77

Colmar ist offline
    i have another feedback but negative
    when i read the ancient tomes bought by Karras, in "Informations" appears the skill to take dragon scales/blood, but it doesn't work: i've already killed the Swamp and Stone Dragons, but i took only their hearts.

18. Beiträge anzeigen #78

Korianous ist offline
    WTH? That's weird. I will check that out ASAP. Thanks.

EDIT- Could someone else please check this out and confirm if its a problem?
    Geändert von Korianous (13.09.2008 um 18:12 Uhr)

19. Beiträge anzeigen #79

Korianous ist offline
    Ok, I have uninstalled, and reinstalled my Gothic II Gold Version, for various reasons. I inserted and killed one of the dragons, and I can confirm that it is an issue. Sry, I will get to work on it, but I'm somewhat perplexed as to why it isn't working. Perhaps it has something to do with the scripts and everything from my old setup, I will never know why it worked for me, kind of a a shame.

Which is why, I will remind everyone that this game is a BETA build, and not every feature will be working correctly. So if you run in to bugs, please let me know so I can fix them. Thanks Colmar, this was a good call. I will fix it as soon as I can.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #80

Colmar ist offline
    curiously Feodaron and the Undead Dragon gave me everything unlike dragons in the Valley of Mines

however i like your work very much.... finally you can reach the "Heights of Power" () without enemies becoming too "weak"

Seite 4 von 15 « Erste 1234567811 ... Letzte »