Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 11 von 11 « Erste ... 47891011
Ergebnis 201 bis 207 von 207
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #201
    Ritter Avatar von Zerxes

Zerxes ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von C-Hawk Beitrag anzeigen
    Guys, Im getting Acces Violation errors. And yes, I run it as Admin.
    Plz help meh!
    Have you removed "Data Execution Prevention" for the Gothic executable?
    This could be important for changes on program code while the multiplayer is running.

Use this guide and finally "turn off DEP for an individual program".
    Deutschland - "ein Gefängnis, das du weder riechen, noch schmecken, noch berühren kannst"
    [Bild: ssp-362-60.gif]

2. Beiträge anzeigen #202
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    DM lags(so any try of blocking and using tactics is pointless) and there is no scoreboard. Also, an archer and mage are quite UP cause of sidewalking.

RP there is no decent English server, only polish and one German. Besides, its not REAL roleplay. In real world there are bandits, animals, many other people. In this RP there are like 15 people on whole map who don't really do anything except spam animations and talk. If you attack somebody you get banned. Wow, that is so realistic, cause you know, in real world too if somebody kills you you just BAN them. I mean, isn't there supposed to be bandits and outlaws who attack other people? The only real thing they do is beat up newbies if they don't do exactly what they're told to. So yeah, I found a fire rain spell, ran in middle of everybody and killed them. Got banned for a day, but was worth it, most of these guys are just a bunch of assholes.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #203
    Knight Avatar von Aeterox

Aeterox ist offline
    Feel free to start your own server. I'd like to see how you'll deal with death of characters in RP because some idiot ran in with a firescroll or attacked anyone he saw.

People put in a lot of effort to establish and shape up characters and they end up dead because some guy thought it's fun to attack them. What's the point in starting new characters if you already know that some other idiot will log in and do the same to them in a few hours if you know that no measures are taken against such a gameplay?

Roleplay servers aren't for death match, so there's nothing wrong with bans for those guys who don't understand that in my opinion.
    Geändert von Aeterox (06.01.2013 um 22:16 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #204
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Aeterox Beitrag anzeigen
    Feel free to start your own server. I'd like to see how you'll deal with death of characters in RP because some idiot ran in with a firescroll or attacked anyone he saw.

People put in a lot of effort to establish and shape up characters and they end up dead because some guy thought it's fun to attack them. What's the point in starting new characters if you already know that some other idiot will log in and do the same to them in a few hours if you know that no measures are taken against such a gameplay?

Roleplay servers aren't for death match, so there's nothing wrong with bans for those guys who don't understand that in my opinion.
    But why call it role-play then? Why not call it "talking and walking around".

In 95% of RPGs(ROLE PLAYING games) you can do quests, fight, trade, make potions/weapons, upgrade them, explore the world, kill creeps and enemies etc etc.

So how exactly do you establish and shape your characters there? Cause AFAIK everybody starts with same number of armors, weapons, food etc. How do you even progress to higher guilds? By TALKING and becoming the most popular guy? Even if somebody kills you, you just reconnect.

Maybe the first step to fighting trolls would be making everybody start as a level 1 and only make weapons and armor available to him if he joins a guild, so a level 1 unarmored troll wouldn't be able to do much damage to older players. BUT OWAIT, nobody doesn't do anything so you can't gain levels -_-

If you enjoy just walking around and talking ok, though my opinion is that you can talk on a lot of social sites and chatrooms too, no need a server for that. Its just stupid to call it roleplay cause its misleading.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #205
    Knight Avatar von Aeterox

Aeterox ist offline
    There used to be many servers who built up hierarchies. People were forced to pick low classes and work higher. Many of them were polish, but it was the case on my server too.

One problem here is that there is no protection against abuse. You can't protect classes with passwords or something like that. Some trolls logs in when the moderators aren't on the server and just slays those who have worse classes than him or takes advantage of his cheated superiority.
    Another problem I faced was that there were many people who were just interested into climbing the hierarchy up without paying much attention to atmosphere and respect. They just keep bothering the higher ones for equipment, quests, ranks until they have no fun anymore and win with this strategy in the end. Often those people who play calmly and just wait are overlooked then.
    Also I found it quite annoying to set up a new class for each changed task of a certain player. Imagine guards and cooks. At some point the guard is asked to cook for diggers, so he needs extra equipment. But he doesn't want to play without his armor and sword - and relogging every time is also just annoying. So he needs his own class. And the more often that happens the more classes you have to administrate and balance.

My system of offering almost all items to all players was established with these things in mind. People who don't want to start low or don't have a lot of time to participate in the RP, but dream of taking a certain position are free to do so. People who want to start from scratch are also satisfied. People who change their occupation during gameplay can easily continue without relogging. And no one keeps bitching to the players with higher rank because they can easily take whatever they want.

Zitat Zitat von MikeLitoris Beitrag anzeigen
    In 95% of RPGs(ROLE PLAYING games) you can do quests, fight, trade, make potions/weapons, upgrade them, explore the world, kill creeps and enemies etc etc.
    You need to consider that this is a unfinished modification for a single player game. There aren't any NPCs that you can hunt, you can only imagine doing so. You can't upgrade weapons, armors or what ever you want because this requires modification - to be specific new items. GMP's item synchonisation breaks in with additional items.

There's no problem with exploring the world, trading, making quests. It just depends on the interaction between players.

I just wonder how you'd explore the world, go to different camps to trade or finish quests someone gives you if you are dead? I have no understanding for people who log in just to attack others. Fights are okay, but they need to be reasonable - at least if you want to keep it realistic. I don't want to have a respawn on my server, so I don't want unnecessary death's too. NPCs don't care if someone kills them out of surprise - human players do.

There isn't such a thing as a MMO in GMP so far. And it sounds to me that you're looking for one there.
    Geändert von Aeterox (08.01.2013 um 13:09 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #206
    Knight Avatar von Ariogaisus

Ariogaisus ist offline
    I'm just waiting for Gothic 2: The MMO server.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #207
    Fighter

MikeLitoris ist offline
    Aeterox now that you put it this way I admit you're right. It was silly of me to expect something like WoW. Though I still think RP is boring and pointless I wish you guys who play it to have fun, to each his own. I'll see how things with GMP go and when(and if) there is a decent English MMORPG server I'll try it. I guess I'm having too high expectations again, but I can't help being optimistic.

Just so you know there are a few suckers on your server who really DID deserve a fire rain because they attack newbies without any real reason.

Seite 11 von 11 « Erste ... 47891011