Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 3 von 15 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 41 bis 60 von 300
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #41 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von horrorente

horrorente ist offline
    Hey. Today I recognized that none of these Plugins work on Max 64bit. Will there be a solution in near future..?

Cheers...

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #42 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Jammer

Jammer ist offline
    Hi,
    i followed this instruction:
    The animation of mesh usually remains in several ASC- files: one file stores the initial mesh (example: ORC_HEADWARRIOR.ASC - the head ork - soldier), and rest - strictly animation (example: ORC_HEADWARRIORTALK.ASC - the head of the speaking ork - soldier). It is at first necessary to import initial mesh, then - one of its animations.

So i imported HUM_HEAD_PONY.ASC and then HUM_HEAD_PONY_EAT.ASC (the animation) since i want to make a new head mesh by changing an old one. But nothing apart from the mesh really appears. (I changed the number of polies so i need to correct the animations too.)
    [Bild: screenshot11.jpg]
    SunStars team, 3D Artist/Mapper
    'Coz I'm the type of digger that is built to last - if you f* with me, I'll put a foot up your ass...
    3DS Material Toolbox V1.1BETA: Every good work of software starts by scratching a developer's personal itch. | my blog

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43 Zitieren
    Waldläufer Avatar von Kerrax

Kerrax ist offline
    Hi,

Zitat Zitat von horrorente Beitrag anzeigen
    Today I recognized that none of these Plugins work on Max 64bit.
    Yes, all released versions are for 32-bit 3ds max only.

Will there be a solution in near future..?
    I am depeloping 64-bit version. Please wait week or two.

Zitat Zitat von repT|Le Beitrag anzeigen
    The animation of mesh usually remains in several ASC- files: one file stores the initial mesh (example: ORC_HEADWARRIOR.ASC - the head ork - soldier), and rest - strictly animation (example: ORC_HEADWARRIORTALK.ASC - the head of the speaking ork - soldier). It is at first necessary to import initial mesh, then - one of its animations.
    All is correct. But there is an addition: asc file with initial mesh must have a mesh with the same number of vertices and the same number of faces as .asc file with strictly animation have. And if number of vertices or number of faces in the current max scene are different from them in .asc file with morph animation, then the importer will not able to import the .asc file.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #44 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Dead Frank
    !riA eht ni cisuM syawla s'ereht dna ,gnoS ytterp a gnis sdriB eht ,mrof er'ew erehW

Dead Frank ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Kerrax Beitrag anzeigen
    All is correct. But there is an addition: asc file with initial mesh must have a mesh with the same number of vertices and the same number of faces as .asc file with strictly animation have. And if number of vertices or number of faces in the current max scene are different from them in .asc file with morph animation, then the importer will not able to import the .asc file.
    Yeah, that's right. Then there's an error-message. But the problem is, that reptile has imported the original Headfiles, there's not any change of the vertices/polys/animations/mesh and so on. These files work perfectly ingame but if he tries to open them in 3dsmay he just sees the mesh-ASC, not any of the animations (screenshot above)

Hope you can help

5. Beiträge anzeigen #45 Zitieren

Kerrax ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dead Frank Beitrag anzeigen
    But the problem is, that reptile has imported the original Headfiles, there's not any change of the vertices/polys/animations/mesh and so on. These files work perfectly ingame but if he tries to open them in 3dsmay he just sees the mesh-ASC, not any of the animations (screenshot above)
    I've tested this on 3ds max 2009 just now. I've reset scene, import "hum_head_pony.asc", and import "hum_head_pony_eat.asc". The first my screen is exactly as screenshot that repT|Le had shown. But when I've moved time slider to frame 1-5, I've seen how vertices of the "zm_morph" object move. And whether repT|Le tried to select the "zm_morph" object? On screenshot above it is not selected. I mean 3ds max displays animation keys of selected objects in the bottom of its screen.
    Geändert von Kerrax (11.12.2008 um 05:06 Uhr)

6. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #46 Zitieren

Jammer ist offline
    Hi Kerrax, we were successful later with that. Thanks for your help!

I'd like to take the opportunity and ask if this is the correct way to change a head mesh with it's anis:
    1. import: HUM_HEAD_PONY.ASC
    1.1 import: HUM_HEAD_PONY_EAT.ASC
    1.2 change the mesh by my liking
    1.3 export HUM_HEAD_PONY_new.ASC
    1.4 export HUM_HEAD_PONY_EAT_new.ASC
    2. reset
    3. import HUM_HEAD_PONY.ASC
    3.1 import HUM_HEAD_PONY_EMOTIONS.ASC
    ... repeat the above ...

Since, if I don't reset and import the original (unchanged) model, the next animation won't import. The thing that makes me believe this is not the correct way is that each time you would need to make the exact same changes to the mesh.
    I am really a noob with animations =)
    'Coz I'm the type of digger that is built to last - if you f* with me, I'll put a foot up your ass...
    3DS Material Toolbox V1.1BETA: Every good work of software starts by scratching a developer's personal itch. | my blog

7. Beiträge anzeigen #47 Zitieren

Kerrax ist offline
    I defer release of 64bit version of my plugins. Before I wish to develop universal (3ds max+gmax+?) version of my plugins (the work is in progress). I think this universal version will be useful. And I think I will able to release the universal version of my plugins in the end of January of the next year. 64-bit version I'm going to release at the same time.

Screenshots
    1 2
    Geändert von Kerrax (28.12.2008 um 22:17 Uhr)

8. Beiträge anzeigen #48 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

DJonnyS ist offline

import/export manager for gmax

Hi Kerrax (& everybody else ),

the user Baltram (also here on wog) and me are currently developing an import/export tool for gmax which works only with the available maxScript functions in gmax. That means it could be used by almost any version of 3dsmax as well, only the max versions released before gmax could produce problems - but I don't know anyone out there using them . The import script is already working correctly (both rigged meshes and morphmeshes, as well as animations for both) with anything I've tested it with.
    Since I wrote most part of the import script and Baltram previously wrote and published an .asc-exportscript for rigged meshes, I'm currently waiting for him to implement a morphmesh-Export. All the exporting for gmax has to be done through the Listenerwindow because afaik no regular exporters apart from official ones are allowed.
    The import/export manager for gmax will include another nice feature for rigged meshes and the .3ds-importscript by NicoDE. We try to make the installation and usage as easy as possible, i.e. about or less than 10 klicks until you've done all of that.

Just to let you know so you don't have to spend extra time on writing scripts for gmax .

Attached you'll find an example of how the tool will look like.

Your tool looks very nice btw . Are you using the listener as well or have you been able to convert your tools directly?
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Screenshot_gmaximport.jpg  
    Geändert von DJonnyS (28.12.2008 um 23:51 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #49 Zitieren

Kerrax ist offline
    Hi DJonnyS & Baltram,

the user Baltram (also here on wog) and me are currently developing an import/export tool for gmax which works only with the available maxScript functions in gmax. That means it could be used by almost any version of 3dsmax as well, only the max versions released before gmax could produce problems - but I don't know anyone out there using them . The import script is already working correctly (both rigged meshes and morphmeshes, as well as animations for both) with anything I've tested it with.
    I didn't know about your work on gmax plugins. We have done the same work twice, independently of one another.

Are you using the listener as well or have you been able to convert your tools directly?
    I have written an external program (in C++) which reads the listener window and performs commands.

Just to let you know so you don't have to spend extra time on writing scripts for gmax .
    Let me give some explanation. Source code of my plugins is currently contains the following parts:
    80% - common code, which is independent to particular 3D Editor. This generic code is the same for 3ds max, gmax, Blender, Cinema4D, and so on.
    10% - 3ds max specific code, which is needed to compile 3ds max plugins.
    10% - gmax specific code, which is needed to automatically create (by batch file) gmax plugins.
    It's not required extra time for me to make plugins for gmax, because gmax specific code has been already written. 3ds max specific code is also completed. Common code is not completed yet. So I think the Gothic community will get two independently developed versions of plugins for gmax. Two versions are better than one version . Or we can consolidate our energies and make the single version of plugins better and sooner. (2DJonnyS & Baltram: What do you think about it?)

UPD: I have corrected the first sentence of this message.
    Geändert von Kerrax (02.01.2009 um 12:22 Uhr)

10. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #50 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Schattenlord34

Schattenlord34 ist offline
    Hey Kerrax,

I just wanted to know, wheter you have implemented other IK-Solver types in your exporter? For example Spline IK Solvers or IK Limb Solvers.
    Because i need to animate tentacles and therefore Spline IK Solvers would be very usefull...

11. Beiträge anzeigen #51 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

DJonnyS ist offline
    @Schattenlord34: Only the position and rotation are saved in an .asc-animation-file. The exporter is not mainly interested in how the position of a bone is changed, only that it is changed. In the .asc-files there is a a position and a rotation info for every frame, so that Gothic simply reads it in every frame instead of calculating it with IK Solvers/Constraints/etc.

If you want I can explain this more detailed in German as well. I just wanted to keep the thread English .

Of course you can animate tentacles, just try it

12. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #52 Zitieren

The reason i'm asking is, i tried other IK Solvers than the standard HI Solver and they didn't work in gothic. I know that only the rotation and position is stored in the asc file, but other IK Solvers caused problems. I tried this with tentacles about 3 years ago und the monster and everything else moved forward, but the tentacles didn't move. So there has to be a problem with the interpretation of the position when using other Ik Solvers.

I didn't have any doubts that i cannot animate tentacles.
    But i always look for possibilities that make life easier and i don't want to waste my time rotating every single bone just to get a fluid wavy movement.
    Geändert von Schattenlord34 (03.01.2009 um 01:12 Uhr)

13. Beiträge anzeigen #53 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

DJonnyS ist offline
    Ah, I see. But isn't it possible to bake animations in 3dsmax? That would at least be a little workaround.

14. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #54 Zitieren

Ok i got this tentacle animation to work. But the next problem occured.

Here's an image of my problem.
    On the left side, you can see the tentacles in max, and on the right sight, the tentacles in Gothic... somehow distortet.

[Bild: weirdlookzv7.jpg]

15. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #55 Zitieren

Jammer ist offline
    What do you mean distorted? The right one is better imo, if you mean that the red things are the tentacles.

It is weird though, everything else is right on spot, but the tentacles seem to not only being smoothed out, but also gained some polygons, especially the "lump" at the end. Are you sure it's the same model?

16. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #56 Zitieren

It's exactly the same model and the overall distortion is due to gothic's FOV.
    But the real Problem is the tip of the tentacles. I've got this problem with every tapered spikes. The only way to avoid this, ist to simply link the spiky meshs directly to the bones without using a physique modifier. But in this case, i won't work cause i need the tentacles to be rigid.

Any ideas?

17. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #57 Zitieren

Jammer ist offline
    This is really interesting, and although I don't have much knowledge in animating, I'd really like to see the wireframe of the tentacles...

Good luck anyways

18. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #58 Zitieren

19. Beiträge anzeigen #59 Zitieren
    research Avatar von NicoDE

NicoDE ist offline
    Can you please make an in-game screenshot of the model in wireframe mode (console command: zRMode WMat or zRMode Wire).
    "Unter diesen schwierigen Umständen bin ich mir sicher, daß diese guten Menschen meinen augenblicklichen Bedarf an deren Gold verstehen werden." -- Connor

20. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #60 Zitieren

Ok guys... that's very weird
    It seems like every object, that is linked to the bones using a softskin modifier (physique) has doubled it's vertex count... like a meshsmoothmodifier had been applied to this objects

[Bild: axmeshsmoothuq3.jpg]

Edit:

"Error" located

zSubdivSurfacesEnabled=1

in the gothic.ini was set to 1.
    Do you know what ist default there?
    Any experiences with that?
    Geändert von Schattenlord34 (05.01.2009 um 14:00 Uhr)

Seite 3 von 15 « Erste 12345671014 ... Letzte »