Home Gothic Gothic II Gothic 3 Gothic 4 Downloads Forums

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 76
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1
    Deus Avatar von WernerTWC

WernerTWC ist offline

Annoying compass - turn it off / changed statusbars

If the compass is not really gothic-like for your taste and you wanna get rid of it, here is a very simple solution, just download the attached file and unzip it into the folder X:/gamefolder/data/

Your position-arrow in the map is also modified.

(In the end you should have a folder like X:/gamefolder/data/gui/icons/compiled/)

... let me know about opinions and experiences!

Edit: Second version,... arrow is black, fixed reported mistakes, see attachment.

Edit2: Endurance bar and the background of the bars (Health/Mana/Endurance) are gone, plus bars are placed new (placed by phaedrus), click:
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum...2&#post2766072

Edit3:
    So, here the newest versions, they have small bars, even the focused NPC-/Enemy- bar is changed, no-compass included, and the bars have now a background,... just take a look at the attached screenshots to see how it looks. Installation like descriebed above.
    The file "3BsmallFNOC.rar" is with the endurance bar, "2BsmallFNOC.rar" without it.
    Placement of the bars was done by phaedrus, big THX for that, perfectly placed! [Bild: thanx.gif]

Edit4: "2smallNoBack.rar"
    Now the new hud tweak set the quickbar a bit lower (where the endurance bar was in the tweaks before, so that means this version comes only without the endurance bar).
    Also some backgrounds are away now, like the dialogs with the NPCs have no background anymore, so that the backgrounds don't "hide" the NPC while talking to him.... Just take a look at the screens and you'll see.
    Installation like always, just unpack it into the the "data"-folder in your game-folder, uninstall: just delete the unpacked files.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken 3BsmallFNOC.jpg   2smallNoBack01.jpg   2smallNoBack02.jpg  
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von WernerTWC (11.01.2007 um 15:23 Uhr) Grund: update

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2
    Fighter

lenoirrichelieu ist offline
    I've checked.
    The elimination of compasss is working. Also the marker of your position on the map is good (not so quite but more visible). But the issue is about the icons of towns when you press 'L'. They are screwed. I post a screenshot with this.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3028/issuesi3.jpg
    Geändert von WernerTWC (27.11.2006 um 21:03 Uhr) Grund: pic too big

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lenoirrichelieu Beitrag anzeigen
    I've checked.
    The elimination of compasss is working. Also the marker of your position on the map is good (not so quite but more visible). But the issue is about the icons of towns when you press 'L'. They are screwed. I post a screenshot with this.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3028/issuesi3.jpg
    Thanks for the feedback,... yeah,... i will work on that,... was "kinda" late as i "finished" it last night. But i'm happy that the compass-disappearance works.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4
    Ranger

annsilje ist offline
    why is the compass useless? I use it all the time, without it I would be completely lost; having to recheck my map over and over and over again. Especially in the desert were you can hardly see the roads.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5
    Fighter

Zitat Zitat von annsilje Beitrag anzeigen
    why is the compass useless? I use it all the time, without it I would be completely lost; having to recheck my map over and over and over again. Especially in the desert were you can hardly see the roads.
    Oh well for me isn't so important because I don't get my way after compass but after landmarks. For me is more important getting a whole screen without any HUD. Because I want to have a beautiful collection of screenshots.

And besides this WernerTWC worked on something which is important in his view and he wanted a feedback. So I tried to help.

@WernerTWC: Maybe you could make the marker of hero's location on the map a bit thicker.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von annsilje Beitrag anzeigen
    From my point of view it's useless, i'm using only the map to find my way through the world, of course this is a matter of taste.

Edit:
    @WernerTWC: Maybe you could make the marker of hero's location on the map a bit thicker.
    I'll try around with some arrows/pointers. ... just out of curiosity, which resolution do you play on?
    Geändert von WernerTWC (27.11.2006 um 21:34 Uhr)

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7
    Fighter

Zitat Zitat von WernerTWC Beitrag anzeigen
    just out of curiosity, which resolution do you play on?
    I am on 1024X768 (4:3). I can play in 1280X1024 as well but in towns my FPS falls dramatically. Maybe after the new patch.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9
    Local Hero Avatar von UnionLords

UnionLords ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mistress_larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    But but how could you do that?

Where did the completely new compass come from
    [Bild: ahadakafa6kr.jpg]

He provides "the balance of someone" (deserves) ...

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    I''ll post the file when I'll give it the final touches.

How did I do it? With photoshop.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11
    Knight Commander

Petyamester ist offline
    I didn't even notice the compass in g3 for at least 2-3 hours.

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12
    Cat  Avatar von Larisa

Larisa ist offline
    here's my Modern Compass & little arrow.

same install instructions as Werner said
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Larisa (29.11.2006 um 03:40 Uhr) Grund: added the file as an attachment

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13
    Provinzheld Avatar von Madball357

Madball357 ist offline
    I have 24 game-days in, and now I realize there is a compass

That should tell you something about immersive atmosphere

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von mistress_larisa Beitrag anzeigen
    here's my Modern Compass & little arrow.
    Also a very nice idea! (Attached your file to your post).

I updated my first post, hope this works now correctly.

Edit:

Based on the new-placed statusbars (Health/Mana/Endurance) gui-tweak from phaedrus, i tweaked a little bit more, THX to phaedrus for allow me to modify his gui-tweak.
    But our ideas goes into 2 dirrections, while phaedrus is tweaking it to a better looking, i tweak it to a more discret looking, and i shoot the things i think they are useless (for me useless), like the endurance bar is gone now.
    phaedrus thread with also great gui-tweaks (i recommend to take a look ):
    [WIP] GUI Tweaks, custom heads-up displays

As attachments, a screen of how it looks (quickbar is disabled in this screen, but still exists) and the bars02.rar file, install is the same like descriebed in the first post.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken bars01.jpg  
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von WernerTWC (03.12.2006 um 02:23 Uhr)

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15
    Just arrived

col_cestus ist offline
    AWESOME very cool i love this tweak! 2 requests the first is a rar that does include the endurance bar in the middle and the 2nd is more of a question asking if it possible to cut the thickness of the bars down to 1/2 what they are now? please pretty please thanks again this is great stuff !

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16
    Apprentice Avatar von whitewizard

whitewizard ist offline
    there's a compass ? Oo

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17

WernerTWC ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von col_cestus Beitrag anzeigen
    AWESOME very cool i love this tweak! 2 requests the first is a rar that does include the endurance bar in the middle and the 2nd is more of a question asking if it possible to cut the thickness of the bars down to 1/2 what they are now? please pretty please thanks again this is great stuff !
    I don't have that much time, so it took a little bit ... anyway,... i hope this is what you was thinking about. The thickness ... i tried it, if it will get thinner like it is with this tweak, the statusbars are imho too thin, ... well,... just try it (install (again) like in described in the first post).

Screenshot and *.rar file:
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken 3barssmall.jpg  
    Angehängte Dateien

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18
    Fighter

I checked up your files and work fine. The icons are better now (I refer to the sharpened and bleesed weapons which in previous version had some square around the sign).
    One suggestion: I really like those thin bars but I think it is better to put a black frame around them (of course if it is possible). It is hard to guess sometimes when you have low health for example because you have no reference point (I hope I made myself clear).

But anyway great work! I just have to wait for the new patch and start a new game and then ...great great screenshots without HUD.

BTW there is any method by which I can modify the fonts? They are pretty ugly with that black background. I will give a shot but I had no clue where to look at.

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19

WernerTWC ist offline
    One suggestion: I really like those thin bars but I think it is better to put a black frame around them (of course if it is possible). It is hard to guess sometimes when you have low health for example because you have no reference point (I hope I made myself clear).
    Yeah, i understand, should be possible,... when i find the time for it.

But anyway great work! I just have to wait for the new patch and start a new game and then ...great great screenshots without HUD.
    THX! ... glad you like it!

BTW there is any method by which I can modify the fonts? They are pretty ugly with that black background. I will give a shot but I had no clue where to look at.
    Changing the fonts is easy,... but what black background you are talking about?

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20
    Fighter

Yeah, i understand, should be possible,... when i find the time for it.
    Of course. It was just a suggestion not a request.

Changing the fonts is easy,... but what black background you are talking about?
    A professor told me once: when you know well a thing you talk clear and simple about it. So easy easy...but how. It is not a real background but a darker frame around letters (like they where cut from somewhere).

Seite 1 von 4 1234 Letzte »