Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Henioo ist offline

Editing quests log mid-game

Hello.

Is there a way to either use the console or edit some files to determine the status of a quest in the game, or reset it?

I am playing with several mods, and some of them break each other or have unintended consequences.

One such mod is the ore smelting mod. For some reason, asking Mannig in Okara to exchange rusty swords for iron completes the quest for giving Mannig iron. However, if you do it before you finish the "Okara needs more men" quest, you can never finish that quest. And if you don't finish that, Marik in Montera won't accuse you of being a rebel, which is one of the thief quests.

Another quest I have broken is the Ishtar arena. One of the fighters in the arena fell through the wall and Kasim no longer offers the arena quest. Because I can't fight in Ishtar, I can't fight in Trellis castle arena.

I tried messing around with the console commands, and I found the quest name but I don't seem to be able to find any way to change the status of the quest from there. For example, the Mannig quest is called "Mannig_Men4Okara", and status says Running.

tl;dr any way to finish a broken quest via console or editing files?

Thanks.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Via console I do not know a way to change quest status.
    For this purpose you can edit/add info scripts for the NPC Story Helper.
    To put NPC Story Helper in the world you can use console command: spawn sh
    But check also manual for modders if you want to change/add different info scripts.