Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Rookie

JYZero ist offline

Why am I not getting double value from selling fur / gold/silver to specific traders?

Hello, I'm enjoying Gothic 3 so far, but I seem to not be able to get twice the amount from selling gold/silver cups and small chests to certain traders such as Marlo in Reddock. I also can't get double value from selling fur to traders like Tippler near Faring. I assume I can get more money from selling these items because this website here says so: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...nventory/page2 (Ctrl+F "Tippler"). I should mention that I am playing with the community patch, the parallel universe patch and the Update pack (I hope you know what this is, because I dont' know if there is German version of this or not).

Thank you for your help!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Every item has a gold value.

This gold value you must spent if you buy an item.
    If you learned the perk barter you can by the item for 10% less.
    If the traders name is "green" you get the item also for 10% less.
    So, 20% less if both apply.

If you sell an item at first a reduced gold value is calculated: 30% or 60% in case it is a special trader you mentioned.
    Next a factor is calculated:
    1.0 + 0.1 (if you have the perk barter) + 0.1 (if the trader name is green)

The final selling gold value is:
    reduced gold value (30% or 60%) * factor - 5%

Lowest selling price is: 30% * 1.0 - 5% = 25% of item gold value
    Highest selling price is: 60% * 1.2 - 5% = 67% of item gold value

So yes, you can get more than double the selling price, but of course it is lower than the item gold value.

PS:
    Thanks to George who looked up the formula in code.