Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6

Drinker Recommends...Everything Everywhere all at once

1. #1 Zitieren
    banned
    [Video]

Seiht nach einem Geheimtipp aus, der die 0815 Formula die gerade in Hollywood sich breit macht ordentlich durchmischt und stattdessen etwas interessantes und unterhaltsames auf die Beine bringt

Wer nach Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness meinte es wäre mit dem Konzept noch ordentlich Luft nach oben gewesen, wird hier vielleicht eher fündig
    Takeda Shingen ist offline Geändert von Takeda Shingen (23.05.2022 um 15:27 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    Forentroll Avatar von Harbinger
    Geheimtipp?
    Harbinger ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    objektiv falsch Avatar von Heinz-Fiction
    Das, was harbinger sagt

Ansonsten find ich den critical drinker nicht so pralle. Manche Kritiken sind ganz gut aber ich werde das Gefühl nicht los, dass der schon nen ziemlicher sexist ist
    "Taucht ein in die Schönheit der deutschen Sprache. Ich tue das. Für mich sind Anglizismen ein No-Go"
    Heinz-Fiction ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    banned
    Zitat Zitat von Heinz-Fiction Beitrag anzeigen
    Das, was harbinger sagt

Ansonsten find ich den critical drinker nicht so pralle. Manche Kritiken sind ganz gut aber ich werde das Gefühl nicht los, dass der schon nen ziemlicher sexist ist
    Weniger sexist, es kotzt ihn nur an wie teils gewisse Filme vermarktet und geschrieben sind. Zum Beispiel der neue Terminator, wo es halt over the top aufgezwungen wirkt, dazu ein schrottiges Skript, darunter leidet die Qualität halt enorm.
    Er kritisiert auch oft genug Männer in Rollen wenn der Film laut seiner Beurteilung zu wünschen übrig lässt
    In diesem Film spielt ja auch eine Frau die Hauptrolle und er hat nur gutes zu sagen und lobt durch die Bank weg hindurch.
    Takeda Shingen ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    General Avatar von BreaZ
    Die haben sich Wurstfinger per copyright schützen lassen xD
    Der Film hat geliefert was ich erwartet hab. Bin nicht enttäuscht
    Das grösste Hindernis des Lebens ist die Erwartung, die sich auf den naechsten Tag richtet.
    Du verlierst dadurch das Heute.
    BreaZ ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Myth Avatar von Raider
    Ist ein guter Film. Konnte Action gut mit Slapstick kombinieren und hatte ein ganz gutes Familiendrama im Mittelpunkt. Leider sind ziemlich viele der Witze, die nicht Teil der Actionszenen waren, für mich ziemlich flach gefallen.

Ach, whatever, hier ist die ausführliche Version:

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    High concept science-fiction action comedy by director duo Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan from Swiss Army Man fame. Came out to rave reviews about a month ago and it's... perfectly fine. I'm not trying to be contrarian, there's a lot in there to like, but I expected a bit more from a movie that was met with this much enthusiasm. Anyways, EEAO is the story of of a middle aged Chinese American couple working out their family issues (mainly concerning their estranged daughter) and battling a malevolent, all destroying force threatening to wipe out the multiverse. Those two plotlines, as you might expect, end up being closely related.

EEAO is a movie with definite cult appeal. Arguably one that was practically engineered to have cult appeal, throwing goofball science-fiction akin to, say, Buckaroo Banzai, family drama, a generous helping of slapstick infused martial arts (I believe Jackie Chan, patron saint of comedic action choreography, was at some point considered for the role of the husband) and multiple buckets full of pop cultural references into a pot to cook a flavourful, but somewhat lukewarm stew of postmodernist clownery. Once again we have the "multiverse" as the thematic centerpiece of the movie. EEAO does utilize it in a smarter and more meaningful way than Dr. Strange. It's funny, I recently wrote about Kate Purdy's and Raphael Bob-Waksbergs Undone, another series that uses what it thinks is quantum theory to tell a story about familial relations with psychedelic visuals. In a way, EEAO is what Undone would have been if it had been written by hipsters instead of hippies.
    Which, for what it's worth, makes it a more entertaining watch than Undone, but not exactly a more meaningful one. It's not exactly that it's bad, it has its share of well done aspects. The standouts probably being Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan. It's very unusual for an action movie, even an unconventional one, to feature what's effectively an unassuming middle aged couple as its leads, but those two both give very lively and emotionally engaging performances. Yeoh especially goes all in on the movies zany setpieces and it certainly helps that both her and Quan actually know martial arts.
    My problem wiith EEAO, and I'm aware that it's a very subjective one, is that I just didn't think it was very funny. It relies a lot on its fast paced humor and absurdity to carry it but most of it just didn't do it for me. It had two jokes that made me chuckle. One was a parody of 2001 A Space Odyssey, the other one a parody of Ratatouille, the latter of which they ruined by dwelling on it too much. Which might be my main issue with the movies sense of humour, too much of it relies on non sequiturs which are amusing, for exactly as long as they're actually coming out of left field. EEAO tends to linger on them well past the point of them being funny. That whole sausage fingers routine got more grating, the more they refused to move on from it. I dunno, maybe that's just the Asian movie influence, I have the same problem with a lot of Japanese comedies.

In the end, I feel like EEAO is an adequate family drama, inside a fun action movie, inside a pretty cheesy comedy. And considering comedy is one of the most subjective things out there, I'm well aware that a lot of people might find a lot of what left me cold very funny, so don't take my word as gospel. But when it comes down to it, I never felt the movies irreverent, genre bending antics ever came together the way the creators intended them to. There's a pair of very strong performances in the middle but they're surrounded by a movie that's trying too hard to be weird and zany, ironically mostly in ways that actually feel quite safe and predictable. In many ways, its heart was in the right place, and I'm not ruling out that I might have treated it with more good will if it had, say, Lana Wachowski's name on it but it just never properly won me over when I was watching it.
    Raider ist offline