Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123
Ergebnis 41 bis 48 von 48
  1. #41 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Zitat Zitat von tombom81 Beitrag anzeigen
    Here's a simple workaround for exchanging "Mat_Male_FullBody_Alb_High_02" for example:
    create a copy of a material file of your choice and rename it to Mat_Male_FullBody_Alb_High_03.elexmat.

Then replace the _02 of "Mat_Male_FullBody_Alb_High_02" in the elexskn file by _03.

(Not tested but should do, hopefully.)
    I think I also found a convenient way to replace the texture of a mesh:

The original "Hum_M_Body_Bare_Non_Default_Skin_1.elexmat" doesn't contain any path to a texture file, which means it only applies shaders, but no texture. In order to apply a texture, too, I copied another elexmat file and renamed it to "Hum_M_Body_Bare_Non_Default_Skin_1.elexmat". Now all I have to do is create new texture files and point the elexmat to those new files by changing the texture path via hex editing.

Another question that arises here:
    Are you able to extract a UV map for "Male_Fullbody_Naked_Mesh_L1.elexskn" (the SkinnedMesh that belongs to "Hum_M_Body_Bare_Non_Default_Skin_1.elexmat")? So I can create a completely new texture from scratch, since it didn't have any texture yet?

btw: I'm surprised other factions' amor part textures do fit the uv map of FullBody_Alb_High. Do they really?
    They don't have to. I didn't use the fullbody mesh with other textures. Instead, I deleted one half of the fullbody mesh via your method, and then I simply made the PC_Hero wear another upper or lower body armor. So two separate meshes with their own textures, respectively.
    valakii ist offline

2. #42 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von valakii Beitrag anzeigen
    UV map for "Male_Fullbody_Naked_Mesh_L1.elexskn"
    Here you go - looks at bit strange to me, usually uv maps cover the whole square?
    Male_Fullbody_Naked_Mesh_L1.elexskn.zip

(no normals since I don't know their format, 8 bytes, maybe 3 half floats? Didn't work.)

They don't have to. I didn't use the fullbody mesh with other textures. Instead, I deleted one half of the fullbody mesh via your method, and then I simply made the PC_Hero wear another upper or lower body armor. So two separate meshes with their own textures, respectively.
    Can we expect this to result in a public mod?
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #43 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Here you go - looks at bit strange to me, usually uv maps cover the whole square?
    Is this:

[Bild: UV.png]

how it looks like for you, too?

Can we expect this to result in a public mod?
    If I manage to make things work like I intend to, I will likely upload my finished project on Nexus . But since I'm not much of a fan of releasing unfinished work, this will probably still take a while, depending on how fast I am progressing and what other ideas come to my mind meanwhile .

What I am intending so far is maybe merge my split-up fullbody armors with Lastride's Alb Armor mod. As part of that, I'd like to rework the whole Armor repertoire, changing some skills, visuals and such for more consistency (since I always found Elex is lacking some coherent general design, making it annoyingly messy in some aspects).
    Another whole different idea was to turn ItemSight, SenseMachine and SenseLife into passive skills, but this turns out to be way more complicated than I expected.

So as you see, a whole lot of work ahead before I feel comfortable enough to release it. But since you've been helping me a lot so far already, I might consider sharing the modified skn files with you beforehand .

One thing that still bothers me a lot atm is this, because otherwise my split-up Alb Mage armor meshes are fine:

PS: Oh and I noticed some very strange thing about that waving skirt of the Alb mage armor:
    The vanilla mesh is fine, but as soon as I decompress/extract it from the original .pak files, the skirt is gone all of a sudden. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Anybody got an explanation/solution for that?
    PS: Btw, thanks to your tutorial, I got all the other Alb armors and the Alb mage hood perfectly split-up now

Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    valakii ist offline Geändert von valakii (11.06.2022 um 19:03 Uhr)

4. #44 Zitieren
    Is this:
    how it looks like for you, too?
    Yep. Strange, isn't it? I searched for another uv map in that skn, at no avail.

[...], this will probably still take a while, depending on how fast I am progressing and what other ideas come to my mind meanwhile .
    Take your time.

Another whole different idea was to turn ItemSight, SenseMachine and SenseLife into passive skills, but this turns out to be way more complicated than I expected.
    Yeah; sadly I'm too busy with some coding projects than to deal with that interesting stuff.

, I might consider sharing the modified skn files with you beforehand .
    Sounds cool! Don't hurry.

One thing that still bothers me a lot atm is this, ...:
    Does this happens with Gregor, too? (I have no idea how those waving clothes are done exactly. Maybe I'll find some hint when searching for canopies, at the entrance of huts.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    tombom81 ist offline

5. #45 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Does this happens with Gregor, too? (I have no idea how those waving clothes are done exactly. Maybe I'll find some hint when searching for canopies, at the entrance of huts.)
    My suspicion is that the problem has something to do with the unpacking and repacking of the elexskn file via ResMan.

You could do me another favour and try out if the same happens to you, too:

1. unpack "Mesh_Male_FullBody_Alb_Mage_01_L1.elexskn" from vanilla game's pak archive
    2. leave the file untouched and repack it to a custom pak file
    3. see if the Elexetor armor still features a skirt ingame

If it still features the skirt, I would really appreciate if you could share your elexskn file with me. Because when I did the above steps, the skirt was gone all of a sudden, even without applying any changes to the elexskn file.
    valakii ist offline

6. #46 Zitieren
    Here it is (in a modfile, successfully tested with Zardom):
    m_7_MyMod3.zip

btw, to be safe, some change should be made to the skn file to recognize whether the mod has been loaded (you never can be sure).
    tombom81 ist offline

7. #47 Zitieren
    Lehrling
    Here it is (in a modfile, successfully tested with Zardom):
    m_7_MyMod3.zip
    This is so strange. When I use your pak file, everything is fine. But when I unpack your elexskn and repack it into my own pak file, the skirt is missing again. Maybe something is wrong with my ResMan only, but I don't really get it...
    Anyways, can you upload your plain elexskn, too? I'd like to just pack it and this way check if the error maybe occurs on unpacking only.
    valakii ist offline

8. #48 Zitieren
    Here you go:
    Mesh_Male_FullBody_Alb_Mage_01_L1.zip

(I've included the version of Baltram's Elexresman which I'm using.)

btw: you know that some hexeditors have the feature of comparing binary files? This way you might check/compare the skn files.

In HxD it's Analysis\File-compare.
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (12.06.2022 um 20:54 Uhr)

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123