Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

replacement of multiple strings in multiple files

Does anyone know any tool that is capable of replacing with one click of a button multiple similar strings within multiple different files, something quite practical? I tried with Notepad++, but only with one string replacing in multiple files took quite a while.
    Geändert von dolorosa (14.05.2022 um 14:36 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Nothing better comes to mind (although maybe something like Sublime Text might be a bit faster - it won't be a big difference), can you give some more concrete examples on what you'd like to do? And are you sure that Notepad++ isn't good enough? :P Sometimes it doesn't pay off to search for a better solution rather than just do it, even if it takes 30 minutes.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    also a quick word of caution: search and replace across files is dangerous! I highly recommend using version control like git that allows you to quickly undo the search and replace if there were unintended consequences (i.e. the search string appears elsewhere in an unforeseen way)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Replacement of multiple strings in multiple files

Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    also a quick word of caution: search and replace across files is dangerous! I highly recommend using version control like git that allows you to quickly undo the search and replace if there were unintended consequences (i.e. the search string appears elsewhere in an unforeseen way)
    You're right, the whole thing is more complex than I thought, it's tedious at the same time. I noticed that VS code is quite fast in finding the strings, but I need to pay attention at the code of what I'm changing at the same time. Massively changing isn't an option. I am doing this to port my translation from a text file into the source code - hard work right?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Multiple replacements of multiple strings

Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    Nothing better comes to mind (although maybe something like Sublime Text might be a bit faster - it won't be a big difference), can you give some more concrete examples on what you'd like to do? And are you sure that Notepad++ isn't good enough? :P Sometimes it doesn't pay off to search for a better solution rather than just do it, even if it takes 30 minutes.
    I don't know if you've ever dealt with this before, but I'm porting my translation from a text file into the source code files. I will give a try to sublime text, but I realized that I must pay attention to the code as well. Blindly changing strings isn't a good idea. My whole plan was to find all the Russian strings inside the source code based on the Russian strings that are inside my text file, and replace them with my translated ones -every string that exists in the source code, is translated into my text file also. The massive strings replacement might work with dialogues and quest entries, maybe?