Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Lehrling

szmotsu ist offline

grass mod / fix and custom meshes

Hello. I am in huge impression how G3 modding scene is productive after all these years. I have seen a lot of great works but still not noticed the fix for one annoying things - grass color / lighting in G3. Both on original and modded game the grass seems to be unnaturaly colored and just to bright. Not sure if its just texture issue or sth more complex but could someone Please let me know if there od any file available to fix this?
    [Bild: cMbJPiFw_Screenshot_20220321-035915.jpg ]

And few bonus questions:
    With current tools is it possible to add new creatures with custom animations (i have thought about restoring molerats)?
    Is it possible to import new heads from Risen to Gothic and use it for NPCs? Some od these looks pretty nice and for me on G3 there is still to mamy bald / short haired chars.
    Geändert von szmotsu (21.03.2022 um 03:18 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von szmotsu Beitrag anzeigen
    I have seen a lot of great works but still not noticed the fix for one annoying things - grass color / lighting in G3. Both on original and modded game the grass seems to be unnaturaly colored and just to bright. Not sure if its just texture issue or sth more complex but could someone Please let me know if there od any file available to fix this?
    My guess are the very simple shader materials for this kind of vegetation.
    There is only a diffuse texture, but no normal map nor a specular map.
    You can try to change this via ModKit (GenomLE). E.g. for shader material: G3_Nature_Plant_Grass_05_A.xshmat

With current tools is it possible to add new creatures with custom animations (i have thought about restoring molerats)?
    No, new animations are not possible, but you can use existing Animations with new creature models.
    I think [Preview] ADRENALINE MODE will give you an imagination what's possible.
    So far I know, Rimy3D is one important tool to do such things.
    Here is an example from CSP for wisp which is based on bloodfly animations.

Is it possible to import new heads from Risen to Gothic and use it for NPCs? Some od these looks pretty nice and for me on G3 there is still to mamy bald / short haired chars.
    The tool Rimy3D is able to import/export Gothic3 and Risen game files.
    On other hand you can assign individual hair mesh, a beard mesh and also a helmet in Gohtic3 for every head. I think all this bald heads are based on perfomance issues in past.
    Here are two examples from CSP which show possible things:
    A Pirate from the Southern Islands
    Bob’s Heritage