Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 1 von 9 123458 ... Letzte »
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 179
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DavideMiragliaPH ist offline

Gothic 1 Custom Concept Arts Collection (with black background)

Do you remember about original concept arts like this?! I guess they did appear in your CompactDisc installation menu. Or maybe you did found them in the internet...
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)

This concept-art rogue is doing nothing special...just standing there...

I'm an expert Marvin Mode "coder". With advanced Marvin Mode coding, I can create anything I want, even features never seen before: new combat & non-combat poses, shields, helmets, spears, knives, pole weapons, mounted combat, new armor pieces, etc.

PERMISSION NOTES/COPYRIGHT (just click on the spoiler and conditions will show up to you):
    Spoiler:(zum lesen bitte Text markieren)
    You can download my concept-arts for personal use.
    - Everybody can use/reupload somewhere else my concept-arts. No need to ask. Just pay proper credit. How? For instance, just don't say it's your own work and don't remove original watermarks. If you want to send me a link to your website page/Youtube channel that uses my arts, I would appreciate it, but it's optional.
    - You can't edit my concept-arts. You can remove the yellow watermark, but you must credit me in a proper way (my name is Davide Miraglia)
    - If you intend to use my concept-arts, you can't make money from them/you are not allowed to receive donations based on my own work.
    NOTE: There's a nearly invisible watermark inside of bodies. Internet-based thieves will have an hard day!

I DID FINISH THIS PROJECT: 101 Artworks are waiting for you!

Gothic 1 Custom Concept Arts Collection - The Movie:

[Video]

The link below lets you download the full collection

I did rearrange the artworks just like you see them on Youtube. They make much more sense in that order.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10G3...ew?usp=sharing
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (23.06.2022 um 00:15 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Local Hero

OLD CAMP MEDIUM INFANTRY

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Nice idea, wondering what comes next!

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Y BERION

Danke schon! Glad you did like it. Next comes a new pose. I created it just today. The animatin is about an NPC clapping his hands, but when hands are nearly touching each other, I lock the animation with the F6 button and I put a focus stone in the middle. Et voilà! Just like during the Sleeper invocation video!

[Bild: Y_Berion.jpg]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (14.03.2022 um 17:42 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Pretty cool, waiting for the first Hero Artwork.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DARK KNIGHT

I will create a concept art about him, for sure...but I still don't know what should he do and what should he wear. I was thinking about an unarmored hero with the iconic old sword (do you remember Excalibur Gothica from the Gothic Evolution project? That pose)

And now... A tribute to an useless but cool and mysterious enemy: the biter. I love its metal plate mounted on head.
    What's the purpose of this rare enemy?! It might be an orc pet, but why didn't orcs put armor on (stronger) orc dogs too?!

[Bild: Dark_Knight.jpg]

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von Feuerbarde

Feuerbarde ist offline
    I would need a barrel of gothic with and without garbage for a windows theme. If that's possible, a green background would be ideal for cropping and PLEASE without the somewhat unclean-looking watermark. I would be very grateful for this help.

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Zitat Zitat von Sporthistoriker Beitrag anzeigen
    I would need a barrel of gothic with and without garbage for a windows theme. If that's possible, a green background would be ideal for cropping and PLEASE without the somewhat unclean-looking watermark. I would be very grateful for this help.
    I create these concept arts via Marvin Mode coding.
    As an expert coder, I can say there's no way to spawn a world object (like a barrel) inside of the Abandoned Mine...the location with the black background. To be honest, there's a feature that allows you to attach an object to an NPC, but I never managed to make it work. Probably, the developers did cut this feature before the release.
    In my artworks, I only use pickup objects, NPCs, monsters, magic effects and things like these

A modder can place a barrel inside of the abandoned mine level. If someone creates this quick mod for you, you will be able to create a screenshot of the barrel. But what about the garbage? How will the modder create garbage?

About MY help...I can take a screenshot of a barrel inside of the Old Camp (no monochromatic background, sorry). But...same question...how do I create garbage with the available pickup objects? Did you have something in mind? Do you think it is viable?
    An alternative would be a barrel filled with some rusty old swords.
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (15.03.2022 um 20:53 Uhr)

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von DavideMiragliaPH Beitrag anzeigen
    I will create a concept art about him, for sure...but I still don't know what should he do and what should he wear. I was thinking about an unarmored hero with the iconic old sword (do you remember Excalibur Gothica from the Gothic Evolution project? That pose)

And now... A tribute to an useless but cool and mysterious enemy: the biter. I love its metal plate mounted on head.
    What's the purpose of this rare enemy?! It might be an orc pet, but why didn't orcs put armor on (stronger) orc dogs too?!

[Bild: Dark_Knight.jpg]
    A Zombie riding a Biter. That's crazy, even for Gothic.

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sporthistoriker Beitrag anzeigen
    You could ask that in our channel. That can be done by a 3D modeler in Blender in a minute. Its not really what Davides work and his very unique approach of doing these artworks is about.

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Local Hero

GOMEZ

Es ist eine Referenz auf Gothic 2: die Nacht des Raben (die kopf von Bloodwyn).

I hope Don Esteban won't consider this as "gore/not appropriate for a forum", because human heads in Gothic don't have visible interior parts except for the mouth (below the head there are no textures at all...it's not like Skyrim's dismemberment)...also, there is no blood around the scene. I don't know if I can place bloodstains inside of the Abandoned Mine, but in this case I didn't even want to try. The concept art already is somewhat disturbing, no need to make it more horrific!

[Bild: Gomez.jpg]
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (16.03.2022 um 20:43 Uhr)

12. Beiträge anzeigen #12 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    I don't think it's a problem to show it here. Nice one again!

13. Beiträge anzeigen #13 Zitieren
    Local Hero

Thank you, Kyle!

Is it only me, or the black background is a game changer?! I mean...look at the details (not my details like the leg dagger, but the original mesh/texture details)...for instance, let's look at Gomez. He might seem HD/modded but he's not. Outside of the Abandoned Mine he looks somewhat bad.
    Also, when I look at this Gomez, I really fear him. In the Old Camp I just don't. If I would recreate the concept art in the Old Camp, I bet it wouldn't look scary, because the background will have 50% of my attention too. There would be a bigger scene to watch.

Other two things I was never able to appreciate until now are the tooth of a biter and the arrows. Yes, because now arrows are visible. In the Gothic Evolution project they would melt with the surroundings.

Custom concept arts > Gothic Evolution
    But that's my opinion
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (16.03.2022 um 21:54 Uhr)

14. Beiträge anzeigen #14 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Custom concept arts > Gothic Evolution
    But that's my opinion
    I really like this new idea of your Custom Concept Arts, but for me personally the Gothic Evolution Project ist still the better one. It's just more interesting to see various scenes which you never saw in the game itself, which are only based (on your) extended imagination.

15. Beiträge anzeigen #15 Zitieren
    Local Hero

GOBLIN WARRIOR

Woops! I was in a hurry and I forgot to highlight the lurker skin before taking the picture. However, THIS specific concept art might be better like this, because this goblin is supposed to be inside of a somewhat dark cave with his stolen "treasure". So...darker ground
    Hey black goblin looks very badly textured. They didn't do a good job with it, but maybe it was just a little enemy and details didn't matter.

[Bild: Goblin_Warrior.jpg]

16. Beiträge anzeigen #16 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Nice one, but you are right about the low resolution textures. Still a cool monster and I like that you show the greed of them to steal things (even if I think they would steal everything, so a rusty cup would make sense too).

17. Beiträge anzeigen #17 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Hey black goblin looks very badly textured. They didn't do a good job with it, but maybe it was just a little enemy and details didn't matter.
    The Black and Green Gobbo are equally bad. But this is one of the many cases (that people sometimes have a hard time to imagine), where the quality was reduced in course of the development. The alpha gobbo texture was higher quality, and the current one is still based on it but basically got worse in the process of modifying it.

edit: It has nothing to do with the resolution though, Kyle. The armor of Gomez above has the same resolution.
    Geändert von lali (18.03.2022 um 06:07 Uhr)

18. Beiträge anzeigen #18 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    The Black and Green Gobbo are equally bad. But this is one of the many cases (that people sometimes have a hard time to imagine), where the quality was reduced in course of the development. The alpha gobbo texture was higher quality, and the current one is still based on it but basically got worse in the process of modifying it.

edit: It has nothing to do with the resolution though, Kyle. The armor of Gomez above has the same resolution.
    Interesting. But why did they decide to reduce the quality, do you know something about it?

19. Beiträge anzeigen #19 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von JudgeKyle Beitrag anzeigen
    Interesting. But why did they decide to reduce the quality, do you know something about it?
    That is not a decision to reduce the qualiy, they just changed the texture as many others and made it worse by doing so. In some other cases, they improved them. It was just an unsuccessful modification, quality-wise.

20. Beiträge anzeigen #20 Zitieren

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    That is not a decision to reduce the qualiy, they just changed the texture as many others and made it worse by doing so. In some other cases, they improved them. It was just an unsuccessful modification, quality-wise.
    Okay, that's sad.

Seite 1 von 9 123458 ... Letzte »