Island of Riddles
Description
Island of Riddles is a modest modification to Gothic 2: Night of the Raven, which is entirely devoted to solving logical puzzles. Compared to most mods, there won't be: - dialogues, - combat, - statistics, - excessive gathering items, - complex plot. Therefore, the implementation of the project by relatively experienced modders should not be a big or time-consuming task. Therefore, the project has a good chance of being created, unlike the large ambitious modifications that have been announced for years, the premiere of which is constantly postponed. The story is as simple as building a flail, although it hides some secrets. Here is a small island, completely deserted. There are ruins of a plundered city, and an old building in it. Formerly, the city was inhabited by eminent people, but the hosts of orcs destroyed and plundered it completely. It turns out, however, that what is most valuable was not taken, and what the inhabitants of the island carefully hid from not very intelligent opponents. Could this be some great treasure? or perhaps shocking information that would explain King Rhobar II's passivity in not helping the island from the orcish attack? or even clues shedding new light on the story of the Gothic series? The player's goal is to examine the old building full of traps, but just getting into it will require cunning and the ability to combine. It is difficult to describe it without comparisons or examples. When it comes to the former, the series of Myst games comes to my mind, or logical games like The Talos Principle, The Witness or Portal (although the latter case is partly arcade).

Now I will give you two examples of mod puzzles (I have specially selected those that are easy to explain without giving a broader context). Both are closely related to the world of Gothic. The first: at the bottom of a deep lake, there is the item we need. After taking it, however, we will not be able to reach the surface, because we will run out of oxygen. So how to, using items that exist in the Gothic world, get this item? In one of the books that we find on the island, we find such a fragment: All you need is assumptions, a few understatements and imagination - this is how the largest monster is created, eating the guts of our heads, walking around the mind like on the bottom of a lake with the heavy steps of a stone golem. This is a hint for those who do not know about the mechanics. Using the roll to turn into a stone golem, we almost immediately sink to the bottom of the lake, then transform back, pick up the item, and swim out. Second: in the grotto hidden behind the waterfall, we come across a large vessel standing on a platform. A stone tablet chained just below it says: This is similar to the number four. So we have to use something that looks like 4 on the vessel. That something is lightning. The vessel now emits blue light, and a door in the wall opens.

[Bild: ]

Help could be needed

All the puzzles have already been written and the places planned (I drew some provisional maps). As we mainly use the source (i.e. G2: NK games, possibly stuff published on WoG), new models and textures will not appear too much, and most of them are already done. The problem is that while I have a lot of original game and mod ideas,… I can't make games and mods. I just started learning how to construct a world in Blender, I would certainly need some help in this regard. The next step is vobbing, which shouldn't be a problem, but the biggest challenge seems to be writing scripts for more complex puzzles. I know absolutely nothing about programming, so far I rely only on advice from more experienced people. So if you know how to mod Gothic and you are willing to help in creating a mod in which you will have to think first of all, contact me by e-mail (papuciowy@gmail.com) or on Discord (Sprytus#3675). You can also enter our server, although there is not much on it, because the project itself does not require much writing. Regardless of whether you apply or not, I cordially greet you from Poland. J

Sprytus