Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I was seeing in the files some NPC that is immortal, you beat him but he gets stunned, then he gets up, I wanted to do the same with the 3 traveling merchants in the game, who have that name, "Traveling Merchants", a cleric, a berserker and an outlaw.

You can find them in a file of the "Sector folder", the "ABE_NPCs.elexsec" and in several files of the "Template folder", as for example "Ambient_TravelingMerchant_01.elextpl", there are 3 like that and then another 6 that correspond to the guards of each merchant, 2 guards per merchant.

In those files you can see this linear:

Code:
    enum gEDamageCalculationType DamageCalculationType = gEDamageCalculationType_Monster;

Looking at the same linear for an immortal NPC, it says the same thing but changes one word:

Code:
    enum gEDamageCalculationType DamageCalculationType = gEDamageCalculationType_Immortal;

Change "Monster" to "Immortal", as I understand, this is what makes the NPC immortal, but it doesn't work, maybe it's because it's a started game? will it work with a new game? or am I missing something else to modify?

I have looked at all the lines of an immortal NPC and apart from names and meshes, that is the only difference that makes you think it is immortal, just that word.

Any ideas? i just want to make those 3 NPCs immortal, sometimes they get killed, and i think there is no respawn xD

Thanks!

Edit:

Ok, by chance I read that for this change to take effect, you must start a new game, otherwise it doesn't work, I don't know if anyone can confirm it, I would have liked to test that it works to be sure.

I guess the files needed to edit what I am saying in this message, are the ones I said above, ABE_NPCs.elexsec (here are the 3 traveling merchants, not in the files of the other zones) and several Template files that correspond to the 3 traveling merchants and their guards.
    davoker ist offline Geändert von davoker (05.12.2021 um 04:06 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von davoker Beitrag anzeigen
    Edit:

Ok, by chance I read that for this change to take effect, you must start a new game, otherwise it doesn't work, I don't know if anyone can confirm it,
    This is simply a matter of save game relevance of the concerned property/enum. You know whether a property is savegame relevant if it appears in the savegames. For the enum DamageCalculationType that's the case.

btw: changing save game relevant properties/enums is on my list for a ELEX GUI (after I've solved that annoying problem to inject a dll automatically.)

(Making Ray mortal using the SavegameModifier is my next project.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Umsturz bei den Morkons: best PB quest ever!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    Zitat Zitat von tombom81 Beitrag anzeigen
    This is simply a matter of save game relevance of the concerned property/enum. You know whether a property is savegame relevant if it appears in the savegames. For the enum DamageCalculationType that's the case.

btw: changing save game relevant properties/enums is on my list for a ELEX GUI (after I've solved that annoying problem to inject a dll automatically.)

(Making Ray mortal using the SavegameModifier is my next project.)
    Elex GUI ingame? or out of game? in any case it would be interesting, you could test modifications in the game without requiring a game from 0 to test it.

Let me know when it's ready

The files to modify those 3 traveling merchants are the correct ones, right? I have not seen other files where those lines appear, only in the mentioned files, a Sector file and several Template files, which is where that line appears.

PS: I understand then that you want to kill Ray? hahaha

Edit: Aa, one thing I asked you one day in the forum, in fact I put a thread to ask it, was to be able to modify the inventory of the sellers, for example, change the number of arrows they sell, the seller who has more arrows in stock is 80 arrows, you have to exit and enter the seller several times, buying arrows from 80 to 80.

The idea was to put that sells 999 arrows always, according to you answered me, this could only be done with your program to modify the save, the problem is that it is temporary, sells 999 arrows once, but then sells again 80.

Is it still like this? is it still not possible to modify this in the game to make it permanent?
    davoker ist offline Geändert von davoker (05.12.2021 um 13:58 Uhr)

4. #4 Zitieren
    Elex GUI ingame? or out of game?
    "Overlayed", the like Jimbei created (but he didn't tell how to auto inject d3d11.dll).

Let me know when it's ready
    Sure, but I guess it will take another 9 months (I'm too busy with RL concerns).

The files to modify those 3 traveling merchants are the correct ones, right?
    I'd say so. (But it's always a little bit uncool having to start a new game for a mod, imho.)

PS: I understand then that you want to kill Ray? hahaha
    In fact I'd be satisfied if I could only hit him at least every time when he gets annoying... )

The idea was to put that sells 999 arrows always, according to you answered me, this could only be done with your program to modify the save, the problem is that it is temporary, sells 999 arrows once, but then sells again 80.

Is it still like this? is it still not possible to modify this in the game to make it permanent?
    You mean this? I think so - "OnTradeInfo_RefillTradeItems" should be the key. (Grumbledore used it in a mod, iirc. You could search for it and try it out to see whether the command solves the problem.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (05.12.2021 um 19:26 Uhr) Grund: typo

5. #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    "Overlayed", the like Jimbei created (but he didn't tell how to auto inject d3d11.dll).

Sure, but I guess it will take another 9 months (I'm too busy with RL concerns).

I'd say so. (But it's always a little bit uncool having to start a new game for a mod, imho.)

In fact I'd be satisfied if I could only hit him at least every time when he gets annoying... )

You mean this? I think so - "OnTradeInfo_RefillTradeItems" should be the key. (Grumbledore used it in a mod, iirc. You could search for it and try it out to see whether the command solves the problem.)
    Yes, looking at this -> https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...r#post25655548

There is an example of how to make Sinda (from Goliet) sell 20 beers, but I don't quite understand how to implement it, if I could make it work, or rather, if I understood how to make it work, maybe I could understand better how it works and be able to add to the inventory of all sellers 999 ammunition of all types of ammunition, which is the purpose of everything, what I want to do, buy arrows or ammunition of 20 or 30 in 30, or arrows of 50 in 50, is a pain when you want to buy 1000 or 2000 arrows xD

How easy it would be to have an editor, a program with its GUI, load a file and edit vendor inventory I would settle for understanding how to do this, if you understand how it works, you can do a lot more xD

I would also like the objects in the world to have respawn, many times you pass through the same place after several days of game, the enemies have respawn, at least some, but the objects collected, the common ones to sell, no longer reappear, it would be interesting to add a respawn to those typical objects of sale, those small fragments of elexit that give 1 elexit xD cups, bowls, cutlery, cigars and packs of cigars, etc etc, the "trash" of the game.
    davoker ist offline Geändert von davoker (06.12.2021 um 01:39 Uhr)

6. #6 Zitieren
    There is an example of how to make Sinda (from Goliet) sell 20 beers, but I don't quite understand how to implement it, if I could make it work, or rather, if I understood how to make it work,
    It's modding of the w_info.hdr[doc] or, as I called it, ELEX scripting using InfoCommands. I gave some (short) information here.

(note for me: example using gCInfoCommandSetSectorStatus)

is a pain when you want to buy 1000 or 2000 arrows xD
    Well, see, you're a fan of big numbers. It's a RPG and me, I'd never buy more than 100 arrows because the fun is to feel the pain of running short of arrows. I loved it in HZD, because it gave me much motivation. Ok, at least I'd avoid the number of 999 in traders' stocks because it breaks the game experience somehow, better use 666 (ok, just joking. You understand what I mean).

Having more traders who sell about 60 to 90 arrows would do the trick for me. (Just my two cents.)

How easy it would be to have an editor, a program with its GUI, load a file and edit vendor inventory
    The structure in RAM is not that simple. You need to think in classes, do much debugging, very time expensive.

btw: immortal NPCs, using this in your mod you'd get rid of the need to start a new game!
    Code:
    class gCInfoCommandRunScript {
                                Version = 1;
                                Properties {
                                    class eCScriptProxyScript Script = "SetDamageCalculationType_Immortal";
                                    class bCString Self = "Albert";
                                    class bCString Other = "";
                                    enum gEOtherType OtherType = gEOtherType_Entity;
                                    int Param = 0;
                                    class bCString StringParam = "";
                                }
                                ClassData {
                                }
                            }
    tombom81 ist offline

7. #7 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    It's modding of the w_info.hdr[doc] or, as I called it, ELEX scripting using InfoCommands. I gave some (short) information here.

(note for me: example using gCInfoCommandSetSectorStatus)

Well, see, you're a fan of big numbers. It's a RPG and me, I'd never buy more than 100 arrows because the fun is to feel the pain of running short of arrows. I loved it in HZD, because it gave me much motivation. Ok, at least I'd avoid the number of 999 in traders' stocks because it breaks the game experience somehow, better use 666 (ok, just joking. You understand what I mean).

Having more traders who sell about 60 to 90 arrows would do the trick for me. (Just my two cents.)

The structure in RAM is not that simple. You need to think in classes, do much debugging, very time expensive.

btw: immortal NPCs, using this in your mod you'd get rid of the need to start a new game!
    Code:
    class gCInfoCommandRunScript {
                                Version = 1;
                                Properties {
                                    class eCScriptProxyScript Script = "SetDamageCalculationType_Immortal";
                                    class bCString Self = "Albert";
                                    class bCString Other = "";
                                    enum gEOtherType OtherType = gEOtherType_Entity;
                                    int Param = 0;
                                    class bCString StringParam = "";
                                }
                                ClassData {
                                }
                            }
    999 is a bit extreme yes, but I would settle for being able to buy 150 or 200 arrows at once, this would make buying 300 or 400 arrows would be a matter of 2 interact 2 times with the seller, and not 4 or 5 times as usually happens, which sell between 40 and 50 arrows (80 arrows a seller of Goliet, next to Argrim).

Then there is the typical option of many games, where there is no predetermined stock for ammunition, that is, you can buy as much as you want, unlimited stock, some have limitation (for example 999) for engine reasons I think, but it is an unlimited stock.

Would the script that you provide go at the end of the file?

Edit: Ok, I don't know well where to implement it, or after what, I tried to put it in the part of the file (ABE_NPCs) sector where the seller is, but the seller keeps dying, I think I'm not implementing it well.

I would need an example if possible, where to put it in the file
    davoker ist offline Geändert von davoker (06.12.2021 um 14:22 Uhr)

8. #8 Zitieren
    Apprentice
    I take advantage of the thread to ask, the elex veins, can you modify them to give more elexit when using mining? by default gives 20 elexit, 30 with level 1 mining and 40 with level 2, personally I find very little elexit, the veins are few and often difficult to find, I would like to increase the amount of elexti for each level of mining, but I can't find the way.

For example, I have modified the elexit bags to give a little more elexit (small, medium and large -> 10 to 25, from 25 to 50 and from 50 to 100, in that order), I have also modified the loose fragments, so that they give 5 elexit instead of 1.

But the elexit streaks I can't find a way, the template files are there, but it's different and I'm not sure what to do.

Edit:

OMG, I put in the elexit big bags template file to give 100 instead of 50, ie., template file "It_Val_ElexitBag_Large.elextpldoc":

Code:
            class gCItem_PS {            Version = 2;
                Properties {
                    unsigned int Amount = 100;
                    int GoldBuy = 100;
                    int GoldSell = 100;
    Where the number 100 put 50, which is the elexit given by the big bags, the problem is that it does not give 100, it gives 500 elexit, I have put 100 but it gives 500? how does it work then?

Edit: It is very strange, but I swear that the change is "retroactive", before putting the mod with the changes in the elexit bags, I had 5166 elexit, if you take a big elexti bag, it gives you 50 elexit more, that adds up to 5216 elexit.

But when entering the game I had "25.830" elexit, I have gone from having 5166 to have that, I have the impression that the change is retroactive and I have added the money for the new change, all the bags that I have taken now are worth twice, that is my theory, otherwise I do not understand what happens xD
    davoker ist offline Geändert von davoker (09.12.2021 um 14:05 Uhr)

9. #9 Zitieren
    No time to read through this but afair there's an automatic factor buy= 5 x sell.

There was a post where this factor was "requested to be changed" (or a mod which changed it), don't remember exactly.
    tombom81 ist offline