Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Schwertmeister Avatar von CzarnyAfgan

CzarnyAfgan ist offline

Gothic 3 melee COMBAT SYSTEM REPAIR / COMBAT OVERHAUL PROJECT

Hi all of you. A few days ago, for the first time in several years, I launched gothic 3 with mods. The quality of the graphics and the realism that gothic has gained through the efforts of the community are amazing. Playing Gothic 3 with the mod pack is a completely new experience for me, and the G3 gives the impression that it could defend itself against the new game titles in 2021.

Altough the great impression given by improved gameplay, there is still some major flaw making game impossible to play. We don't need to argue that gothic 3 needs a major overhaul of its melee combat system. The melee combat system despite some improvement done ( Alternative A.I. mode etc. ) - is the worst of all...

I would like to speak to active modders, who are willing to participate in so called COMBAT OVERHAUL PROJECT. I am no programmer, but I can help in the field of testing and analyzing animations, improving fluency, stun times, hitboxes etc. to create a satisfactory combat system over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz8qD6ITt_g

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    The overhaul could be installed a separate option from main menu screen, in my opinion first improvements should cover:

a) shield block should be constant - there is no need for the player to tap RMB each 5 seconds just to make character keep blocking, hero should have his shield raised as long as the controller has RMB input pressed.
    b) "getting up attack" should be completely disabled - this is totally ridicolous and I haven't seen such attack type in any other RPG or action game.
    c) stun times should be adjusted, but this needs much more work and testing.
    d) enemy attack range should get adjusted
    e) hitboxes should be adjusted

Please don't even try to mention the ADRENALINE MODE mod. Just DON'T
    Geändert von CzarnyAfgan (21.11.2021 um 22:43 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren

CzarnyAfgan ist offline
    LOL...! As expected... - no one gives a fuck to patch this broken crap...

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Frank97 ist offline
    Well I would care but I don’t know how to do it, I am not a modder nor a programmer. Surely better combat would improve greatly the game, also better animation for two handed swords like they were in Gothic 1 and 2. Maybe you may try to ask the Community Story Project team but there is high chance that they won’t give a fuck.

Or maybe you could try to ask Yukoz the author or Lively Towns Mod, there is a thread here for that mod. He is more willing to help the community with various projects.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von bob sheknowdas

bob sheknowdas ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von CzarnyAfgan Beitrag anzeigen
    LOL...! As expected... - no one gives a fuck to patch this broken crap...
    Not giving a *** is not really the issue here.

What you want to do requires a lot of time and dedication. Balancing a combat system is no easy task.
    E.g. the "getting up attack" u criticise probably exists, because without it the hero would be able to stun lock enemies simply by hitting them back to the ground whenever they try to get up.
    So when removing the "getting up attack" you would need to come up with a sufficient replacement.
    There is a reason why this has not been done so far.

Since you are no programmer and are seemingly not willing to get into the basics and try around a bit yourself, basically the entire workload would stick with the one that tries to help you.

So there you go.
    That is, why so far no one has joined you in your quest...
    Geändert von bob sheknowdas (06.12.2021 um 15:16 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    What do you expect? Let me summarise:
    * The combat system is shit - all agree since ages.
    * We have to fix it - all experts say since ages that this isn't possible.
    * You announce a project to fix the unfixeable - everyone assumes you know better and found a way to fix it.
    * Then you say you are not even a programmer and can't do anything about it but you can test the work of those who can.
    * You are disappointed because no on wanted to help.
    * I am confused.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Gregox

Gregox ist offline
    If you can find a way on how to edit existing or adding new animations to Gothic 3 (and I don't even mean on a technical level but it could help, I mean by finding the tool(s) Piranha Bytes used to do it), then that'd be a big step into the right direction. However, today, no one really possesses the tool(s) for it, that's why even the CSP can't add animations or edit them and therefore can't add new monsters or revamp the combat system, even if the team wanted to. At least so far.

Only way, so far, to improve the combat system (which is what the CSP is trying to do) is editing certain AI and combat settings like speed or the strength needed to kick someone down etc.. That is possible at least. That and proper (Re-)Balancing are the only viable options, as far as I know, at least.