Ergebnis 1 bis 2 von 2
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Neuling
    First at all, sorry for write in english, my german is a bit awful.

I've been having this idea for a long time to be able to add hair to ELEX, but my modding knowledge of this game is pretty limited.

I have seen mods that add beards to Jax, as well as some other items modifications. Asking some of its developers if it would be possible to do something similar with hairstyles, their answer was yes, but just in theory since this would cause several cliping effects when combined with helmets so it is not worth it to try.

So the idea is this. Since the game has a multitude of helmets (Most of them covering Jax's full face), would it be possible to replace one with some hair so that the player can choose to always wear it with the character? I think it would be a pretty elegant solution and it would not conflict as the hair mesh would act as if it were a helmet. Even the player could change the hair by a helmet without worrying about clipping since the hair would be like an object and would not be attached to the head of the character.

Would anyone with mod knowledge like to give it a try? I could also try it myself with the right guidance and help.

Thanks!
    Micael7 ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von Micael7 Beitrag anzeigen
    So the idea is this. Since the game has a multitude of helmets (Most of them covering Jax's full face), would it be possible to replace one with some hair so that the player can choose to always wear it with the character?
    Funny idea. (I think it would be meaningful to work with copies of helmet templates so not to loose the original ones.)

It's a simple test, in "It_Helmet_CLE_High" for example, class ItemCloth,
    replace the meshfile of the hat by that one of a hair mesh:
    Code:
            class gCItemCloth_PS {
                Version = 1;
                Properties {
                    class bCString MeshFileName = "Mesh_Male_Hat_Kle_High_01_L1";
                    class bCString BlendShapeFileName = "";
                    int MaterialSwitch = 2;

(Guess, you'll need to read in forum posts about required additional work to do concerning changed templates and world sector files, btw.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline