Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

stereoamplifier ist offline

CP1.75 vs CP1.73 - water transparency

@CSPteam (or @modders):

Hi, here!

I need more water transparency, but I have no idea how I can do it. I have two separate installations of Gothic-3 game: the first with CP1.73 and the other with CP1.75.14.

I need to change water transparency in the installation G3 + CP1.75.14 to the same, as in G3 + CP1.73 - but it doesn't work me. I have no idea what's wrong. The water materials from installation CP1.73 do not working under G3 + CP1.75.14........ or I am making an error.!

Can anyone help me what is wrong? Here is screenshot: in the CP1.73 is about 20-25 percent more water transparency... Both graphics game-settings was changed to max. (except for color gradation and FXAA, because CP1.73 does not include it...)
    https://mediadisk.cz/images/2021/10/...ansparency.jpg

Thx to all for help..!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Well you can try to change transparency of a water material with GenomeLE (Genome Light Editor).
    I did it here long time ago for the ocean, but there was no feedback. And I don't find any compare screens.
    Your picture don't show ocean water, so you have to change the coresponding water material by yourself.

On other hand I know water changes from CSP which are a result of a changed Normal Map.
    Here you can see the difference of a better Normal Map.
    The pictures with slider bar I created with orininal textures.
    The still pictures are created by Feyn with alternative CSP textures, so far I remember.
    The water looks much more natural with the CSP textures.
    Geändert von MadFaTal (19.10.2021 um 20:45 Uhr) Grund: corrected some spelling errors

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

re..

Zitat Zitat von MadFaTal Beitrag anzeigen
    Well you can try to change trnsparency of a water material with GenomLE (Genom Liht Editor).
    I did it here long time ago for the ocean, but there was no feedback. And I don't find any compare screens.
    Your picture don't show ocean water, so you have to change the coresponding water material by yourself.

On other hand I know water changes from CSP which are a result of a changed Normal Map.
    Here you can the differnce of a better Normal Map.
    The pictures with slider bar I created with orininal textures.
    The still pictures are created by Feyn with an alternative CSP texture set, so far I remember.
    The water looks much more natural with these textures.
    Very thank for help, ocean looks now more better, than before! The "normal" textures have no effect for transparency, I now tried it.

I dont have idea, what is GenomLE. Please, can you release also others "water-materials"? Or create (modify) it? Ocean looks now very good, I need also materials for "lakes, and rivers"....

Very thx for info and help...

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

re...

There is exactly, what I want.! Screenshot: "ocean material" modified by MADFatal, and orig CP1.75.14 "ocean material"...
    https://mediadisk.cz/images/2021/10/...rial_ocean.jpg
    PLS, is possible also made/release also others waters materials?

But there is still a problem with waters materials of the CP1.75. For example, if you're standing eg: on a pier in Bakaresh - and you're rotating the camera around a PC Hero - the reflection of water will cause a stupid sharp refraction of water light, and that looks silly.

This effect is not absolutely reflected in CP 1.73. Why? Which idiot from the "CP development team" replaced the old better water material from CP 1.73 with the new stupid material in to CP 1.75? I do not get it .! (sorry for my reaction)

https://mediadisk.cz/images/2021/10/...ter_cutted.jpg
    Geändert von stereoamplifier (19.10.2021 um 19:39 Uhr)

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von stereoamplifier Beitrag anzeigen
    I dont have idea, what is GenomLE. Please, can you release also others "water-materials"? Or create (modify) it? Ocean looks now very good, I need also materials for "lakes, and rivers"...
    Sorry, my spelling of GenomeLE (Genome Lite Editor) was wrong. Maybe you know the term Gothic3 ModKit.
    This editor is available since Gothic3 1.75 and is called GenomeLE or Gothic3 ModKit. There is an installation included in Gothic3 1.75.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=73ee0f69c14b419c0ba4c5b932593b95&attachmentid=51054&d=1634671657&thumb=1]

But sorry, I currently don't remember which parameters I changed exactly for the ocean material.
    Maybe I find some time on weekend to name details of paramters I changed.
    Geändert von MadFaTal (19.10.2021 um 21:19 Uhr) Grund: corrected spelling errors and name of the editor

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

Sorry, my spelling of GenomeLE (Genome Lite Editor) was wrong. Maybe you know the term Gothic3 ModKit.
    This editor is available since Gothic3 1.75 and is called GenomeLE or Gothic3 ModKit. There is an installation included in Gothic3 1.75.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=73ee0f69c14b419c0ba4c5b932593b95&attachmentid=51054&d=1634671657&thumb=1]

But sorry, I currently don't remember which parameters I changed exactly for the ocean material.
    Maybe I find some time on weekend to name details of paramters I changed.

I don´t understand these parameters. I only need 3 materials with more transparency:

1. G3_Myrtana_Water_Ocean_01_A.xshmat (I already have it from you)

2. G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat (for lakes)

3. G3_Varant_Water_Oasis_01.xshmat (for Varant oasis)

Other materials for rivers and waterfalls can be used from the original CP1.75 - they do not need changes.

Can you create G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat and G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat with similar transparency as in your G3_Myrtana_Water_Ocean_01_A.xshmat?

Can you make it please? Thanks..!

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

Next problem in Nordmar.

Nordmar has a similar problem with materials. Illuminated edges
    are caused by materials with mirror textures.
    https://mediadisk.cz/images/2021/10/...AL_Problem.jpg

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

MadFaTal ist offline
    Higher transparency for G3_Myrtana_Water_Ocean_01_A.xshmat and G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat: higher_water_transparency.7z

G3_Varant_Water_Oasis_01.xshmat is a defect material. Varant oases also use G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat.

I changed the following values:
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=73ee0f69c14b419c0ba4c5b932593b95&attachmentid=51065&d=1635055423&thumb=1]
    In addition I changed the alpha color constant for the "Shader Water Diffuse input" from 0.3 to 0.28.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

re..

Higher transparency for G3_Myrtana_Water_Ocean_01_A.xshmat and G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat: higher_water_transparency.7z

G3_Varant_Water_Oasis_01.xshmat is a defect material. Varant oases also use G3_Myrtana_Water_River_01_A.xshmat.

I changed the following values:
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=73ee0f69c14b419c0ba4c5b932593b95&attachmentid=51065&d=1635055423&thumb=1]
    In addition I changed the alpha color constant for the "Shader Water Diffuse input" from 0.3 to 0.28.
    Fantastic work! I do not understand the material setting, so I rely on your experiences...

Thanks again for the help, best regards...

(PS: I replaced the materials for Nordmar, which caused the lighting of the edges of the world mesh, using similar materials for Myrtana, as I already wrote to you. This eliminates the stupid light of the specular textures. I hope, the CSP team eliminate this stupid light effect in CSP project... https://mediadisk.cz/images/2021/10/...retextured.jpg )
    Geändert von stereoamplifier (24.10.2021 um 12:46 Uhr)

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren
    Ehrengarde Avatar von Pherim

Pherim ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von stereoamplifier Beitrag anzeigen
    (PS: I replaced the materials for Nordmar, which caused the lighting of the edges of the world mesh, using similar materials for Myrtana, as I already wrote to you. This eliminates the stupid light of the specular textures. I hope, the CSP team eliminate this stupid light effect in CSP project... https://mediadisk.cz/images/2021/10/...retextured.jpg )
    Maybe you could share this fix? I'm sure others would like to use it, too (I haven't played G3 in ages, so I'm not familiar with this problem).

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

Zitat Zitat von Pherim Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe you could share this fix? I'm sure others would like to use it, too (I haven't played G3 in ages, so I'm not familiar with this problem).
    No. I don't care about Gothic 3 anymore. This game is only losing the time and life is only one...
    Geändert von stereoamplifier (15.01.2022 um 17:32 Uhr)