Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Dmitriy_Baskakov ist offline

Where do I find NPCs' Hit Points?

There are plenty of resources on the Internet that tell how much health enemies in Gothic 3 possess. However, they hardly every talk about the source of their claims, and their data certainly doesn't include information from various modifications.

I tried reading game data using g3explorer11 and g3dit, but there's barely anything related to NPCs' Hit Points. All NPCs are listed to have either exactly 1 HP in "normal" templates or exactly 100 HP in "Master" templates, which is probably only the case for Snakes and Meatbugs, if at all.

Obviously, Hit Points are simply stored somewhere else in the game files. I think I have gone through everything in the unpacked data and found various interesting pieces of information, but I just can't find what I am looking for.

So, where in the game files is this data?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dmitriy_Baskakov Beitrag anzeigen
    So, where in the game files is this data?
    It's stored in the template, but hit points are simply calculated based on LevelMax. You find LevelMax in property gNPC_PS.

hit points = 20 * LevelMax (normal difficult level)

PS:
    You find the formula on top of mondgesaenge.de if you aktivate the monster page.
    Page is in German.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Dmitriy_Baskakov ist offline
    Thank you very much! What do the numbers in gCDamageReceiver_PS do, if HP is simply a function of NPC level?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Dmitriy_Baskakov Beitrag anzeigen
    What do the numbers in gCDamageReceiver_PS do, if HP is simply a function of NPC level?
    If an NPC or monster enters the radius of influence (ROI) the engine write the calculated hit points in both values: HitPoint and HitPointMax.
    This values (variables) are used by engine for calculations as long as the NPC or monster is inside ROI.
    The values set in template have no affect so far I know.