Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Nebbich
    Hi!

I am trying to create a Texture mod for NPCs' armors and clothes
    Some will just replace the original textures - no problem there.
    But some are meant to have more variants for NPCs / special clothes for key characters (for example new outfits for Romanov and his crew).

My problem is, I can not exchange the clothes of NPC permanently (it seems, that either the .tple or the .lrent created in the process are corrupted). - solved: I oversaw that new .tple files need new GUID2 and to check the filename and item name strings in the TPLedit.

My current approach:

Preparation: Risen installed, patch 1.1 (in another folder also with Neffo's HD textures, 4GB patch, Risen Extended mod). I placed mountlist_packed.ini into the bin-folder, Script extensions.dll in the bin/scripts-folder. I remove - repeatedly - writing protection to all files and folders I want to change. I run risen.exe as administrator, currently via a shortcut adding "-mnt=mountlist_packed.ini".

1) Based on existing textures (from the original game or mods), I create new textures - in Photoshop only (meaning I don't use Blender or Rimy3D to manipulate how the textures are attached to the models). Saving via .dds export and convert via ddsximg tool.

2) I create new templates (by copying existing ones) and via TPLedit I change the number for the texture layer (usually from 0 to 1, so that the texture files ending with _S2 instead of _S1 will be loaded). I used the GUID manager (version 1, because version 2 crashes on my computer), to generate new GUID2 for each new item (I don't save them via the GUID manager, because it does strange things with the file and item names. I only generate the GUID and copy paste it into the file opened with TPLedit.

3) I have created new .xmat files (copys of existing ones, renamed to _S2 and changed with an hex editor the references to textures - so far "Diffuse" only - to _S2 as well).

4) Now, it's possible to skip through the different "bodys" using the script extensions ingame. The same way, I can give any NPC the clothes/armor I wish (I also tried to use CTRL+F and the command give It_Armor_..., so they have the armor as an item. It works, but since this is all just for the optics, I prefer to change the NPC's body directly).

5) I run the command "Editor UpdateCompiledResourceFile Material 0" and then "... 1" and "Editor UpdateCompiledResourceFile Images 0" and "... 1" (the latter caused some strange flickering ingame, when I had Neffo's HD textures installed - without them, it works without problem).

6) I use the keys CTRL+ALT+SPACE to enter the editing mode, focus on the NPC and type the command "DynEntity ExportAsTemplate #e" to save the name of the new clothes into the template file of that NPC. Then, I type the command "World SaveLayer Harbour_Town_NPC_01" - it saves the .lrent-file for the Harbour Town (I also tried typing "World SaveSector Harbour_Town_NPC_01" - it says there is no phyisical file or something, but overwrites the existing .sec-file by this name anyway).

7) After shutting down the game, when I restart the game, some NPCs (sometimes all those, I gave one of my new armors, sometimes only a few of them, once some NPCs wearing their original clothes) are invisible (except for the head and weapons). In the Risen Editor it looks the same, when I load the newly created .lrent-file - all changed NPCs look as they are supposed to look (for some reasons some NPC, which I had not changed at all now wear Druid clothes - probably there is still a GUID in use for two Armor .tple).

---

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions and corrections!

EDIT: Problem solved. I updated my steps so it may help anyone trying to change NPC optics.
    Nebbich ist offline Geändert von Nebbich (14.10.2021 um 15:51 Uhr) Grund: Update: Problem solved

2. #2 Zitieren
    Ritter
    First a disclaimer, I'm the worst "Risen modding expert" there is when it comes to textures and other visuals. That being said...

Are you aware of there being two materials.pak(and images.pak) archives, one in data/common and one in data/compiled. Common contains the .xmat, Compiled the .bin thingies. The .bin I suspect are updated via UpdateCompiledResourceFile.
    When you were trying to put your files into archives did you create both archives, common and compiled?
    [Bild: dtc_sig.jpg]

Harald Iken: Überhaupt sollte man als Spieleentwickler das Wort "einfach" oder noch besser "mal eben" aus seinem Wortschatz streichen.
    Kuchenschlachter ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Kämpfer Avatar von Nebbich
    Thanks for your reply! Yes, I noticed that "materials.pak" exists in both, the common and compiled folder - I only put my .xmat files into the one in the common folders, because the original ones are located in the .oak there... I have to check where the ingame generated .bin files are placed - maybe I have to move them into the other folder.
    Nebbich ist offline