Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Gor-Drak

Gor-Drak ist offline

My Way Of Installing Gothic 2 Gold CD Version on Windows 10

I tried using the Gothic2-Setup.bat, It worked, but the game is not really installed. I got the game to really install this way.
    I Installed Gothic 2 English Demo. then I copied A full install of the game from another hard drive.(vanilla G2 NOTOR\G2 Gold) This install on other hard drive was done with Windows XP. Fixed 2.6 exe, playerkit and system pack all installed properly after. I guess it does not really matter if the game is listed in add\remove programs. but it bugged me that it was not.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Golim2 ist offline
    Is the game Gothic II 2.6 running now on your non XP PC? Is Windows 7 installed there?

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer Avatar von Gor-Drak

Gor-Drak ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Golim2 Beitrag anzeigen
    Is the game Gothic II 2.6 running now on your non XP PC? Is Windows 7 installed there?
    I have 1 hard drive (mechanical) with Windows XP

I have A SSD with Windows 10

Same PC. Different HDs

The game runs perfect on both HDs

I just connected both HDs and copied G2 over to the Windows 10 HD. A USB drive could be used too. Or anything removable with enough space.

UPDATE: I recently installed Chronicles of Myrtana from ModDB. Manually. I wanted to use the Steam version. I used the "add-A Non-Steam Game" but since my installation is technically Gothic 2 Demo, Steam says I do not have it installed. To bad, I would like to have achievements. I guess i`ll buy G2 Gold from Steam. I don`t like to handle my CD`s. Although I have G2 1.31 UK version, 1.32 US version and G2 Gold. I almost bought NoTR when it was only available in German. So glad they translated it.
    Geändert von Gor-Drak (02.01.2022 um 16:57 Uhr) Grund: Update