Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline

Is there a mod to make in-game text more readable?

I'm using, as far as I know, all the files necessary to update the game for modern PCs but I find the in-game text hard to read. The 2 main areas are the inventory and the journal. If I load the inventory and scroll to wherever I have multiples of anything, the number is hard to read. For example, herbs, scrolls, potions, food, etc. If I have many of a certain item, the number is small and unclear. If I load the journal, the names of the quests in Current, Failed and Completed is easy to read but if I click on a quest, it becomes hard. The text is small and unclear. Part of problem is the font is small. The other problem is the font style. The style makes it hard to read. I'm using the system pack, playerkit, DX11 17.5 and related files.

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    If you use the SystemPack/Union, there is an option to increase the size of the interface, including the inventory, fonts etc. It's in the SystemPack.ini under [INTERFACE] iirc. Other than that I think there also was a good font-patch by a russian guy which made the fonts much sharper and bigger but also a bit different stylistically. Sadly I don't remember the name and cannot link it to you.

edit: See below. That was the font patch I meant.
    Geändert von lali (01.08.2021 um 16:17 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von TopLayer

TopLayer ist offline

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    I created a little bigger clearer 8-bit fashioned font several years ago, see here. Link includes a gallery. It's inspired by these red/blue font.
    Here is the link to topic in forum.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von lali Beitrag anzeigen
    If you use the SystemPack/Union, there is an option to increase the size of the interface, including the inventory, fonts etc. It's in the SystemPack.ini under [INTERFACE] iirc. Other than that I think there also was a good font-patch by a russian guy which made the fonts much sharper and bigger but also a bit different stylistically. Sadly I don't remember the name and cannot link it to you.

edit: See below. That was the font patch I meant.

I don't know what "union" refers to but this is the entire Interface section from systempack.ini:

[INTERFACE]
    Scale=0
    ScaleInventory=1
    ForceMenuScale=0
    ScaleMenusX=640
    ScaleMenusY=480
    DialogBoxX=800
    DialogBoxY=600
    SubtitlesBoxX=600
    ShowManaBar=1
    ShowSwimBar=1
    HideHealthBar=0
    NewChapterSizeX=800
    NewChapterSizeY=600
    SaveGameImageSizeX=320
    SaveGameImageSizeY=200
    InventoryCellSize=70
    Color_DialogChoice_Active=-1
    Color_DialogChoice_Inactive=-6316129
    Color_Talk_Hero=-1
    Color_Talk_NPC=-256
    Hide_STR_DEX=1
    [SUBTITLES]

I can't find anything in there that could be related to text size.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Hero Avatar von lali

lali ist offline
    Then you should read the description of those options, that are given in the SystemPack Thread, first post by the creator. Everything described there. https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...-%28ENG-DEU%29

The whole interface will be scaled to fit your specific resolution better, including the fonts. If that is not what you want, a font patch may be the better option.