Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Repeating dialogs for dubbing

Hi everyone. I am currently working on Gothic 2 Returning's dubbing. My question regarding this, is, should the dialogues be recorded even if they repeat and they have the same name code? In Lares' case there is a speech which exists more than once. If they need to be recorded more than once, I suppose they need to be saved in different .vdf files, or should they be recorded only once? I will attach a picture as an example, where Lares has the same speech twice.
    Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken Miniaturansichten angehängter Grafiken DIA-Lares_GoNow_09_01 x2 times.png  

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Knight

Cryp18Struct ist offline
    This should only be recorded once, so that you end up with one file "DIA_Lares_GoNow_09_01.wav".
    (That's the point: because the line is identical, it would be unnecessary work to record it multiple times.)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Repeating dialogs

Zitat Zitat von Cryp18Struct Beitrag anzeigen
    This should only be recorded once, so that you end up with one file "DIA_Lares_GoNow_09_01.wav".
    (That's the point: because the line is identical, it would be unnecessary work to record it multiple times.)
    Thanks very much

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

duplicate lines

Zitat Zitat von Cryp18Struct Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you know any way I could get rid of duplicates lines? Automatically I mean, a safe way.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Knight Avatar von Draxes

Draxes ist offline
    That depends. If the Character says the same thing in a different context, you should definitely record the voiceline multiple times and use a different ID for the Output. That really adds to the atmosphere. It's a shame the developers of the original used some voicelines multiple times maybe just to save some time or disc space.