Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 8 von 8
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline

Need help with Weapons Dealer quest

Hi. I hope it's OK I'm posting in English. I'm playing Night of the Raven with the L'Hiver mod but I assume the mod has nothing to do with this quest which is why I posted here. In classic Gothic 2, Fernando gives you a quest in Chapter 2 - "Fernando's Business". Does this quest exist in Night of the Raven? I've read walkthroughs that say it does exist but I was not able to get it and now I can't complete the Weapons Dealer quest.

I found the Araxos trade guild ring and the delivery list. I talked to Fernando about it and he admitted to being the weapons dealer. I didn't have one of the swords with "F" carved in the handle on me at the time. He offered me a bribe so I took it and gave him the evidence - the delivery list and the ring.

Apparently, he was supposed to give me a quest in Chapter 2 but when I spoke to him he had no quest for me so I think his quest is only for classic G2. So, if that's true, that solves one question. Now, I need to complete the weapons dealer quest so Vatras will be happy. When I talk to Vatras he asks me if Martin has dealt with the weapons dealer. I say "No" and he tells me to talk to Martin. I talk to Martin and he says he needs more evidence that Fernando is guilty. Well, the evidence is gone. I gave it to Fernando. So I tried to get it back. I beat up Fernando and the ring and the delivery list are not in his inventory. So I searched his house. The chest downstairs is empty - I robbed it in Chapter 1 - and there is no chest upstairs.

So, what am I supposed to do? I can't go to Jharkendar until Vatras is happy. How do you finish the Weapons Dealer quest and make Vatras happy if you took Fernando's bribe? If there's a bug, I need the IDs of the list and the ring so I can cheat.

Thanks a lot.
    Geändert von locutus1 (20.02.2021 um 08:02 Uhr)

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Elderus

Elderus ist offline
    I'm afraid you blocked the task at this point. You shouldn't have accepted the bribe.
    To solve the quest you would have to load an old game.

In order for Vatras to include you in the ring, you just have to find the missing people and have solved the quest with Dexter.

Fernando's quest in chapter 2 also exists in the addon. But only if you finish the quest at a later point in time, after Fernando sends the hero into the valley of the mine.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von locutus1 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi. I hope it's OK I'm posting in English. I'm playing Night of the Raven with the L'Hiver mod but I assume the mod has nothing to do with this quest which is why I posted here. In classic Gothic 2, Fernando gives you a quest in Chapter 2 - "Fernando's Business". Does this quest exist in Night of the Raven? I've read walkthroughs that say it does exist but I was not able to get it and now I can't complete the Weapons Dealer quest.
    this quest alsos exist in NotR. you normally get it at the beginning of chapter 2 when you come from Lord Hagen and cross Fernandos way in Khorinis for the first time in chapter 2.

So, what am I supposed to do? I can't go to Jharkendar until Vatras is happy. How do you finish the Weapons Dealer quest and make Vatras happy if you took Fernando's bribe?
    I'm not sure but i think if you solve the quest by handing the items to Fernando you can no longer "make Vatras happy". but you do not have to solve the quest like this because you can go to Jharkendar anyway. I mostly solve the weapons dealer quest just after returning from Jharkendar.

I don't know if maybe something is changed by the L'Hiver mod (but I don't think so).

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Elderus Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm afraid you blocked the task at this point. You shouldn't have accepted the bribe.
    To solve the quest you would have to load an old game.

In order for Vatras to include you in the ring, you just have to find the missing people and have solved the quest with Dexter.

Fernando's quest in chapter 2 also exists in the addon. But only if you finish the quest at a later point in time, after Fernando sends the hero into the valley of the mine.
    OK so I thought I had to complete the weapons dealer quest to go to Jharkendar. Now, I think it's the missing people quest I have to complete. Is that right? So that means I took the weapons dealer quest as far as it will go. If you accept the bribe, there is nothing else to do. So, if I have it correct now, I'm clear on going to Jharkendar and the weapons dealer quest but I still don't know why I couldn't get Fernando's quest. After I accepted his bribe, I finished Chapter 1. After I talked to Hagen, Chapter 2 started and I walked out of the town hall. I talked to Fernando in the upper quarter and he had no quest for me. Was he supposed to give me the quest here? In classic G2 he gives you the quest in the Temple Square.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothaholic Beitrag anzeigen
    this quest alsos exist in NotR. you normally get it at the beginning of chapter 2 when you come from Lord Hagen and cross Fernandos way in Khorinis for the first time in chapter 2.

I'm not sure but i think if you solve the quest by handing the items to Fernando you can no longer "make Vatras happy". but you do not have to solve the quest like this because you can go to Jharkendar anyway. I mostly solve the weapons dealer quest just after returning from Jharkendar.

I don't know if maybe something is changed by the L'Hiver mod (but I don't think so).
    OK so I thought I completed the weapons dealer quest the wrong way and it was keeping me from going to Jharkendar. It's the missing people quest I have to do. How do you get Fernando's quest? Don't you have to take the bribe? If you put him in jail I assume you can't get the quest. I took the bribe and at the start of Chapter 2 I talked to him and he had no quest for me.

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Elderus Beitrag anzeigen
    I don't follow you here. You're supposed to get the quest at the start of Chapter 2. Then you go to VOM and return to Khorinis in Chapter 3. Then you talk to Fernando to complete the quest. Is this what you're referring to? I talked to him at the start of Chapter 2 and he had no quest for me.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    OK so I thought I completed the weapons dealer quest the wrong way and it was keeping me from going to Jharkendar. It's the missing people quest I have to do. How do you get Fernando's quest? Don't you have to take the bribe? If you put him in jail I assume you can't get the quest. I took the bribe and at the start of Chapter 2 I talked to him and he had no quest for me.
    So, if I have it correct now, I'm clear on going to Jharkendar and the weapons dealer quest but I still don't know why I couldn't get Fernando's quest. After I accepted his bribe, I finished Chapter 1. After I talked to Hagen, Chapter 2 started and I walked out of the town hall. I talked to Fernando in the upper quarter and he had no quest for me.
    now I understand: you finished the weapon dealers quest already in chapter 1, this was the "mistake". according to "Mondgesänge" http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.h...est.js&id=q_41 you do not get the quest "Fernandos business" if you solve the weapons dealer quest already in the first chapter: "Wenn man die Quest 'Der Waffenhändler der Banditen' im 1.Kapitel schon erfüllt, bekommt man diese Quest hier nicht von Fernando."

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Apprentice

locutus1 ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothaholic Beitrag anzeigen
    now I understand: you finished the weapon dealers quest already in chapter 1, this was the "mistake". according to "Mondgesänge" http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/index.h...est.js&id=q_41 you do not get the quest "Fernandos business" if you solve the weapons dealer quest already in the first chapter: "Wenn man die Quest 'Der Waffenhändler der Banditen' im 1.Kapitel schon erfüllt, bekommt man diese Quest hier nicht von Fernando."
    Since the page you linked to is German, I copied and pasted the whole paragraph into Google Translate. It never occurred to me I was finishing the weapons dealer quest too soon. Now I know for next time. Thanks a lot.