Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 9 von 9
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline

How extract audio files from the entirety of Gothic series? (1 to 4 including their expansions)

I googled a bit and found http://www.bendlins.de but bitdefender traffic light ([Bild: attachment.php?s=8dd55e4dee9279020591fcc8cff8788c&attachmentid=50044&d=1610521250&thumb=1]) reckons the site is infected. And clicking on it anyways(maybe bitdefender is wrong? - why did I even bother installing it if I would later pass its 2nd opinion over anyways?), because everyone seems to be linking to this site with the only way to extract audio files from the gothic games but nothing happens.....maybe the site's broken? Or hacked....might explain why bitdefender reckons its not good...

Is there any other places to get G3Pak and GothicVDFS which are supposedly the only programs that can open and extract said files from all 6 games of the series? Anyone got a mirror that isnt inside an infected or broken site?

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Dea

Lehona ist offline
    Nico's site has had trouble with false positives in the past, so it's not too surprising that bitdefender doesn't like it. He has gotten it "reapproved" in the past, but I figure he might've gotten tired of playing whack-a-mole with it. Be assured that the site is trustworthy. It should display a simple directory structure where you can download the necessary tools. For Gothic 1 and 2 that would be GothicVDFS (because all assets in G1 and G2 are stored in Gothic/data/*.vdfs), no idea about newer games.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    On WorldOfGothic are the tools also available:

NicoVDFS

For Gothic3 (FG):
    G3PakDir
    G3PAKWorker
    Gothic III - PAK Packer-Unpacker
    Gothic3 Clean Up

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline

Red face

Sorry for late reply, forgot to come back here.

Zitat Zitat von Lehona Beitrag anzeigen
    Nico's site has had trouble with false positives in the past, so it's not too surprising that bitdefender doesn't like it. He has gotten it "reapproved" in the past, but I figure he might've gotten tired of playing whack-a-mole with it. Be assured that the site is trustworthy. It should display a simple directory structure where you can download the necessary tools. For Gothic 1 and 2 that would be GothicVDFS (because all assets in G1 and G2 are stored in Gothic/data/*.vdfs), no idea about newer games.
    Oh I see.
    Zitat Zitat von MadFaTal Beitrag anzeigen
    On WorldOfGothic are the tools also available:

NicoVDFS

For Gothic3 (FG):
    G3PakDir
    G3PAKWorker
    Gothic III - PAK Packer-Unpacker
    Gothic3 Clean Up
    Oh thanks, what about Gothic 4 Arcania and fall of setarrif?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline
    ok, so I opened up sound.VDF with NicoVDFS but that only had sound effects, no music except for the extremo one or whatever its called. Where the music files at??

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothicnewbie Beitrag anzeigen
    ok, so I opened up sound.VDF with NicoVDFS but that only had sound effects, no music except for the extremo one or whatever its called. Where the music files at??
    _work\data\music
    In files that you can read with the direct music producer

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothicnewbie Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh thanks, what about Gothic 4 Arcania and fall of setarrif?
    I never tried, but it sounds helpfull for Arancaia:
    ArcaniA Unpacker

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    _work\data\music
    In files that you can read with the direct music producer
    Oh thanks.

I used version 9 and some of the tracks have short timeline but when played on repeat, it sounds like there is more to the timeline but the program does not show it so I don't know how long each track is supposed to be so I can record it. Maybe this is because of the missing instruments bug I've been hearing? I read the older version 8.1 might be better but no idea where to get that (since the music was designed in 8.1)?

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline

Question

Zitat Zitat von MadFaTal Beitrag anzeigen
    I never tried, but it sounds helpfull for Arancaia:
    ArcaniA Unpacker
    Seems to open and convert all the files I need except the music.pak file which spits out audio_streaming_chunk_x.pak files where x is a number between 0 and 89. Got anything to unpack those files? It just says

[06/23/21 17:35:29] Warning: Warning: Could not convert C:\Documents and Settings\Z\Desktop\ArcaniA Unpacker\Arcania Unpacker 0.3\musicstreamingchunks\audio_streaming_chunk_0.pak - Invalid header
    [06/23/21 17:35:29] Warning: Converting file C:\Documents and Settings\Z\Desktop\ArcaniA Unpacker\Arcania Unpacker 0.3\musicstreamingchunks\audio_streaming_chunk_0.pak to C:\Documents and Settings\Z\Desktop\ArcaniA Unpacker\Arcania Unpacker 0.3\musicstreamingchunks\audio_streaming_chunk_0
    [06/23/21 17:35:29] Warning: Warning: File already exists C:\Documents and Settings\Z\Desktop\ArcaniA Unpacker\Arcania Unpacker 0.3\musicstreamingchunks\audio_streaming_chunk_0
    [06/23/21 17:35:29] Warning: Converting C:\Documents and Settings\Z\Desktop\ArcaniA Unpacker\Arcania Unpacker 0.3\musicstreamingchunks\audio_streaming_chunk_0.pak
    [06/23/21 17:35:29] Warning: Conversion failed!
    Check the log file for more info

Nevermind, found a way with this.
    Geändert von Gothicnewbie (24.06.2021 um 12:31 Uhr)