Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sencantor ist offline

Gothic 1 missing apostrophes / font problem || Gothic 1 fehlende Apostrophe / Schriftproblem

====
    ENGLISH
    ====

Hello!

Sorry for posting an English thread here, but the English section seems to be dead for about 7 years.

I have a problem with my Gothic 1 subtitles. The apostrophes are not displayed.

https://imgur.com/a/N2sIhZz

Does anyone know a solution to this problem that does not involve using custom fonts like Riisis or ukurs high resolution font? I want to keep the original font.

My installation is essentially the one from here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2201586820
    Without the nature patch.

Here's the VDF's I use.

I tried adding / removing VDF's which seemed like they might affect this, but nothing worked. For example, I removed "textures_apostroph_patch_neu.vdf" and nothing seemed to change.

I would be grateful for any help, thank you!

====
    DEUTSCH (google translate)
    ====

Hallo!

Tut mir leid, dass ich hier einen englischen Thread gepostet habe, aber der englische Abschnitt scheint seit ungefähr 7 Jahren tot zu sein.

Ich habe ein Problem mit meinen Gothic 1-Untertiteln. Die Apostrophe werden nicht angezeigt.

https://imgur.com/a/N2sIhZz

Kennt jemand eine Lösung für dieses Problem, bei der keine benutzerdefinierten Schriftarten wie Riisis oder ukurs hochauflösende Schriftarten verwendet werden? Ich möchte die Originalschrift behalten.

Meine Installation ist im Wesentlichen die von hier:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2201586820
    Ohne den Naturfleck.

Hier sind die VDFs, die ich benutze.

Ich habe versucht, VDFs hinzuzufügen / zu entfernen, was den Anschein hat, als würden sie dies beeinflussen, aber nichts hat funktioniert. Zum Beispiel habe ich "textures_apostroph_patch_neu.vdf" entfernt und nichts schien sich zu ändern.

Ich wäre für jede Hilfe dankbar, danke!

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Springshield  Avatar von Homerclon

Homerclon ist offline
    There is an apostrophe in the font. The writer will have forgotten to use it.

The english section is more than dead, it's an archive. But it's allowed to write english in the german section.

PS: Which Mod do you use? Without Mod, there is no gallows.

- Keine verdammte Hechtrolle zum ausweichen in Kämpfe!
    - 01100100 00100111 01101111 01101000 00100001

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sencantor ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Homerclon Beitrag anzeigen
    There is an apostrophe in the font. The writer will have forgotten to use it.

The english section is more than dead, it's an archive. But it's allowed to write english in the german section.

PS: Which Mod do you use? Without Mod, there is no gallows.
    Dark Mysteries, version 2.02 (for which, excuse my shameless marketing, I've just finished writing an English translation, if anyone's interested )

By writer do you mean the person who wrote the text? If that is the case, then no, the apostrophes are there.
    Also, if I use the custom fonts i mentioned in the original post, the apostrophes are displayed.
    Geändert von Sencantor (10.01.2021 um 00:15 Uhr)

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Keks-Experte  Avatar von TazmanDevil

TazmanDevil ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sencantor Beitrag anzeigen
    Dark Mysteries, version 2.02 (for which, excuse my shameless marketing, I've just finished writing an English translation, if anyone's interested )

By writer do you mean the person who wrote the text? If that is the case, then no, the apostrophes are there.
    Also, if I use the custom fonts i mentioned in the original post, the apostrophes are displayed.
    What language does your Gothic have? Is it an english version? That one certainly has an apostroph in its fonts.
    Did you try a different apostroph in the text (` or ´ instead of ' )? Don't know which one is actually contained.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sencantor ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TazmanDevil Beitrag anzeigen
    What language does your Gothic have? Is it an english version? That one certainly has an apostroph in its fonts.
    Did you try a different apostroph in the text (` or ´ instead of ' )? Don't know which one is actually contained.
    Good idea, but apparently it still doesn't solve the problem.

` made no difference at all, while ´ made no difference to some lines, but to others it added this weird character.

My original Gothic installation is the Steam English version and on top of it I have Dark Mysteries 2.02 Polish installation, with the English files added by me. The mod does seem to be the culprit. If I start the standalone game via the Gothic Starter, the apostrophes are there. Is there maybe an original Gothic 1 font vdf file available? That would probably overwrite whatever the mod tries to use and solve the problem (Just like Riisis and ukurs custom fonts do).
    Geändert von Sencantor (10.01.2021 um 09:35 Uhr)

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren

TazmanDevil ist offline
    Check the mod archive, it might contain a font provided by the polish mod team. If it does it overwrites the font of your installation.

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sencantor ist offline
    Check the mod archive, it might contain a font provided by the polish mod team. If it does it overwrites the font of your installation.
    The mod is an exe unfortunately, I can't extract any vdf file from it with archive tools.

I tried removing vdf files from my Data folder one by one (a few of them, not all), but none solved my problem. For example, the first thing I tried removing was the textures_apostroph_patch_neu.vdf file and it had no effect at all

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren

TazmanDevil ist offline
    Just the installer is an executable. It installs .mod archives into data\modvdf. One of the archives contains the textures of the mod, including fonts. Those might cause your troubles.

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sencantor ist offline
    Just the installer is an executable. It installs .mod archives into data\modvdf. One of the archives contains the textures of the mod, including fonts. Those might cause your troubles.
    Oh, I see. One of them is called DM_Tex.mod, this is probably it. I can't unarchive it with 7zip though. What program can I use for Gothic .mod files?

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

TazmanDevil ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Sencantor Beitrag anzeigen
    Oh, I see. One of them is called DM_Tex.mod, this is probably it. I can't unarchive it with 7zip though. What program can I use for Gothic .mod files?
    VDFS

11. Beiträge anzeigen #11 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Sencantor ist offline
    Thank you, Tazman. I managed to pin-point the problem to the DM_Scripts_Normal_en.mod file. If I remove it, the fonts go back to the vanilla Gothic ones. However, the problem is that when I open this file using the GothicStarter, it only seems to have these .dat files in it, plus an OU.BIN file, in another folder.
    Unfortunately, if the solution is not just to remove a problematic file, but to edit the font from one of the .dat files with the Gothic Sourcer, then it's a bit too much for me at the moment

If only there was an original Gothic font .vdf file somewhere out there.