Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Gothic 2 returning ab/ new balance dialogue translation transfer

Hi everyone!
    In this thread I'm gonna talk to you about on how to keep up to date with the Dialogues translation from gothic 2 returning ab/new balance( it should work for any other mod too).
    In other words, when a new update comes out, all you have to do is:
    1.to take out the ou.bin from the AB_Scripts.vdf
    2. generate the ou.csl out of ou.bin
    3.use the csl compare tool(check for text similarities)
    4.copy the ou.csl to Gothic 2 returning/_work/Data/Scripts/Content/Cutscene, and paste it there(delete it if there is any ou.bin or any other file in there, only ou.csl has to be in there).When you launch the game it a new ou.bin will be created by the game itself based on the ou.csl(ONLY if you have no other ou.bin file in any other .vdf script) For example, Ab_scripts.vdf,Ab_Data_01.vdf,Ret_Scripts.vdf. SO i suggest you to use the gothic vdfs tool for breaking and creating a new .vdf files. If oyu don't do this the game will read the ou.bin from it, and it won't give to priority to the ou.csl file from here. Gothic 2 returing/_work/Data/Scripts/Content/Cutscene
    For translating the gothic.dat and menu.dat i use easy gothic mod translator. I use and old .csv file that contains the translated text of gothic.dat and menu.dat. When a new update comes out, break the ab_scripts.vdf into a folder, get rid of the ou.bin, just simply delete it, and then create the same ab_scripts.vdf without ou.bin. Open Easy gothic mod translator, import the database, choose the .csv file. If there are new lines it will show you. Generate the new .vdf script, scan it again for the text lines that aren't covered(translated) extracted them in a .csv file. Now go to your old .csv file, copy the uncovered lines into it, translate them in there, save the file. Open Easy gothic mod translator,import the your .csv file that you've previously saved, generate the new .vdf file and that's it. You have the gothic.dat. menu.dat sorted out too. I know this whole process it's quite tediuos,but I couldn't find any other way of getting it done. If you have any suggestions you're free to say them. I will leave the links to all the tools.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19GN...qNFPe7y7i/view
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...L-konvertieren (Built by Kirides), thanks man!
    https://worldofplayers.ru/attachments/82321/ (Built by Sargon), thanks bro!
    There is a video that I created also. If it's confusing, sorry, but I'm after nightshift
    https://youtu.be/4WOnCj5PfqM

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von TopLayer

TopLayer ist offline
    So, I have some tool too.
    Usage:
    Code:
    dotnet <GothicTranslate.dll> PortTranslation <old dat/bin> <translated dat/bin> <new dat/bin> <dictionary> <names encoding (doesn't really matter)> <original mod encoding> <translated mod encoding>
    It injects the extracted translation units to the new dat/bin. And creates/appends units to the dictionary.
    If you are familiar with regular expressions then you can easy format dictionary to Sargon's tool format (and you may ignore modified dat/bin, just use the dictionary and Sargon's tool).

Concrete command example:
    Code:
    dotnet "D:\My\Projects\Personal\GothicTranslate\GothicTranslate\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2\GothicTranslate.dll" "PortTranslation" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Origin\MENU.DAT" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Translation\MENU.DAT" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Target\MENU.DAT" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Target\dictionary.txt" 1251 1251 1252 >> log.txt
    Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von TopLayer (23.12.2020 um 10:36 Uhr)

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TopLayer Beitrag anzeigen
    So, I have some tool too.
    Usage:
    Code:
    dotnet <GothicTranslate.dll> PortTranslation <old dat/bin> <translated dat/bin> <new dat/bin> <names encoding (doesn't really matter)> <original mod encoding> <translated mod encoding> <dictionary>
    It injects the extracted translation units to the new dat/bin. And creates/appends units to the dictionary.
    If you are familiar with regular expressions then you can easy format dictionary to Sargon's tool format (and you may ignore modified dat/bin, just use the dictionary and Sargon's tool).

Concrete command example:
    Code:
    dotnet "D:\My\Projects\Personal\GothicTranslate\GothicTranslate\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2\GothicTranslate.dll" "PortTranslation" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Origin\MENU.DAT" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Translation\MENU.DAT" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Target\MENU.DAT" "D:\My\Projects\Personal\AshungTranslation\AB\Target\dictionary.txt" 1251 1251 1252 >> log.txt
    What's the difference between the new tool and that of Lord Sargon?

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von TopLayer

TopLayer ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Milky-Way Beitrag anzeigen
    What's the difference between the new tool and that of Lord Sargon?
    Imagine you have MOD_VER1_RU.VDF.
    Somebody human-translated it via source code recompilation. Ex., MOD_VER1_DE.VDF.
    And the original mod developers released the new version: MOD_VER2_RU.VDF.

The quetion is how to port human translation from MOD_VER1_DE.VDF to MOD_VER2_RU.VDF?
    AFAIK it is impossible via Sargon's Tool. So I developed my own: it is able to port the most of content, the rest can be google translated via Sargon's Tool.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren

Milky-Way ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von TopLayer Beitrag anzeigen
    Imagine you have MOD_VER1_RU.VDF.
    Somebody human-translated it via source code recompilation. Ex., MOD_VER1_DE.VDF.
    And the original mod developers released the new version: MOD_VER2_RU.VDF.

The quetion is how to port human translation from MOD_VER1_DE.VDF to MOD_VER2_RU.VDF?
    AFAIK it is impossible via Sargon's Tool. So I developed my own: it is able to port the most of content, the rest can be google translated via Sargon's Tool.
    Great, thanks for the explanation!

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Neuling

marchesound ist offline
    Hello i want to ask if its possible to translate manually all the game without having a .vdf file already translated and if your guide works for this. I would like to translate in italian all the new balance mod for have 100% experience because i feel like i will lose something if ill play it in not my native language, and for gothic 2 i really dont want this because i love this game. Thanks for your attention

7. Beiträge anzeigen #7 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

easy gothic mod translate

Zitat Zitat von marchesound Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello i want to ask if its possible to translate manually all the game without having a .vdf file already translated and if your guide works for this. I would like to translate in italian all the new balance mod for have 100% experience because i feel like i will lose something if ill play it in not my native language, and for gothic 2 i really dont want this because i love this game. Thanks for your attention
    Hi, check this out. That's what I did, I am still working on retranslating the dialogues, and dubbing them also.
    https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...w-to-use-it%29

8. Beiträge anzeigen #8 Zitieren
    Neuling

marchesound ist offline
    Thank you so much, following the guide i translated almost half game and it worked but i got blocked by google and i cant go through... i've send you a pm hoping that you can help me

9. Beiträge anzeigen #9 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Translation

Thank you so much, following the guide i translated almost half game and it worked but i got blocked by google and i cant go through... i've send you a pm hoping that you can help me
    Check your inbox

10. Beiträge anzeigen #10 Zitieren

Milky-Way ist offline
    I think google tends to block (temporarily?) based on ip addresses. So waiting or trying from a different ip address can presumably circumvent such issues.