Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline

Question Does the 1.75 patch work on forsaken gods enhanced edition as well as the base gothic 3 game or only

the base game?

Link: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...h-1-75-release

Also apparently theres an update to that here: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...75-Update-Pack

And thats all the patches I need to play gothic 3 and forsaken gods?

Also, one more question - is the enhanced edition also includes the base game or is it standalone game whereby if I were to play the games chronologically, I would have to play gothic 3 and then start the other game gothic 3 forsaken gods enhand edition? Or is it like gothic 2 gold edition where the night of the raven also includes the base game (also like age of empires gold edition) so I just play that if I want to also experience the improvements over the base game?

Edit: Ok I see the patches are only for the original game and not for the forsaken expansion pack....are there any patches for that one or is that all good to run on vanilla version?
    Geändert von Gothicnewbie (24.11.2020 um 09:04 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Sword Master Avatar von Jazz Jackrabbit

Jazz Jackrabbit ist offline
    Gothic 3 and Forsaken Gods are 2 separate games with separate stories. Forsaken Gods was supposed to be the continuation of Gothic 3 but it really isn't, which I will get to later. The patch is only for the G3 base game. The "Enhanced Edition" of Forsaken Gods that you can buy is as patched as it's gonna get, which is still pretty buggy to be honest. There are a variety of reasons why I wouldn't recommend Forsaken Gods.

After Gothic 3, Piranha Bytes stopped working on the Gothic series so Forsaken Gods was outsourced by JoWood to some unknown Indian developer called Trine Games, who made up their own story as a continuation to Gothic 3. They made the game by using an early build of the Gothic 3 engine, which hasn't received most of the updates the base game has received since then.

To this day most people (including PB itself) don't even consider Forsaken Gods and everything that came after as canon to the Gothic series. I personally never played Forsaken Gods as it wasn't developed by PB. I also heard it's buggy as hell. I always recommend to people that they jump straight to Risen after Gothic 3.

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Both are separate games. Here you can find a patch for Gothic3 Forsaken God.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von horstVyacheslav420 Beitrag anzeigen
    To this day most people (including PB itself) don't even consider Forsaken Gods and everything that came after as canon to the Gothic series. I personally never played Forsaken Gods as it wasn't developed by PB. I also heard it's buggy as hell.
    otherwise it could not have been a worthy G3 Addon...
    it is not more buggy than G3 itself and with the patch of the CPT it is as stable as G3 is nowadays.
    if you like the story (or not) or consider it as a part of the Gothic universe (or not) is another question, but it is as playable as G3 is.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Apprentice

Gothicnewbie ist offline

Red face

Oh thanks for the replies, I didnt think anyone would bother replying since I typed in english and not in german(which is why I gave up and never bothered to return here since the language specific forums I've been to, either type in the language specific to that forum or expect no replies in your language or any at all...), let along people who still type in english here after I found out the entirety of the english forum removed and archived.....

Gothic 3 and Forsaken Gods are 2 separate games with separate stories. Forsaken Gods was supposed to be the continuation of Gothic 3 but it really isn't, which I will get to later. The patch is only for the G3 base game. The "Enhanced Edition" of Forsaken Gods that you can buy is as patched as it's gonna get, which is still pretty buggy to be honest. There are a variety of reasons why I wouldn't recommend Forsaken Gods.
    Yeah, I found out.....a lot of glitches and bugs whilst playing... Some of the voice lines are bugged or maybe that's intentional for the tone?

After Gothic 3, Piranha Bytes stopped working on the Gothic series so Forsaken Gods was outsourced by JoWood to some unknown Indian developer called Trine Games, who made up their own story as a continuation to Gothic 3. They made the game by using an early build of the Gothic 3 engine, which hasn't received most of the updates the base game has received since then.
    Oh I see. Is that why the UI looks stretched in 16:9 aspect ratio compared to its neat look in Gothic 3 and it's more buggier than Gothic 3?

To this day most people (including PB itself) don't even consider Forsaken Gods and everything that came after as canon to the Gothic series. I personally never played Forsaken Gods as it wasn't developed by PB. I also heard it's buggy as hell. I always recommend to people that they jump straight to Risen after Gothic 3.
    I bought the Gothic Complete Collection as well as Arcania Gold Edition a few years back that has been collecting dust on my shelves and never found the time to play it until now, with the virus hitting and stuff and I'm forced to stay indoors so went looking into my huge backlog and thought may as well give this game series a marathon run and played the entire collection from 1 to night of the raven skipping the base game since night of the raven expansion has the base game in it and some extra toppings, then to 3, then forsaken gods and finally 4 arcania and the Fall of Setarrif. I had already started gothic 1 a few years ago, maybe a few years later after I got it but never finished it properly and just been playing it casually but now sat down and intently and with a hardcore gamer attitude and finally finished it!

So yeah, I can't exactly return the games since they were bought a few (maybe ten years even?) years ago....so playing them to get my money's worth!

As for Risen, I actually bought that on GoG, and of course its been sitting on the library wooden shelf collecting digital dust which has also not been touched in a few years.... What's Risen like? Does that continue the story of Gothic 3 or gothic 4 arcania after the Fall of Setarrif? I only got it coz the I was impulse buying and the pictures and the genre looked too attractive to pass up! hahahaha.....

Zitat Zitat von MadFaTal Beitrag anzeigen
    Both are separate games. Here you can find a patch for Gothic3 Forsaken God.
    Is that the enhanced edition patch or a later patch that goes on top of the retain enhanced edition I already have?

Zitat Zitat von Gothaholic Beitrag anzeigen
    To this day most people (including PB itself) don't even consider Forsaken Gods and everything that came after as canon to the Gothic series. I personally never played Forsaken Gods as it wasn't developed by PB. I also heard it's buggy as hell.
    otherwise it could not have been a worthy G3 Addon...
    it is not more buggy than G3 itself and with the patch of the CPT it is as stable as G3 is nowadays.
    if you like the story (or not) or consider it as a part of the Gothic universe (or not) is another question, but it is as playable as G3 is.
    CPT = Community patch for the forsaken gods addon on top of the enhanced edition path that comes shipped on my retail disc? This fixes all the bugs and glitches present even in the enhanced edition?

6. Beiträge anzeigen #6 Zitieren
    Deus Avatar von Gothaholic

Gothaholic ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Gothicnewbie Beitrag anzeigen
    As for Risen, I actually bought that on GoG, and of course its been sitting on the library wooden shelf collecting digital dust which has also not been touched in a few years.... What's Risen like? Does that continue the story of Gothic 3 or gothic 4 arcania after the Fall of Setarrif?
    gameplaywise Risen is pretty much like Gothic 2, but it does not continue the story of Gothic or Arcania, it was a new brand.

Zitat Zitat von Gothicnewbie Beitrag anzeigen
    Is that the enhanced edition patch or a later patch that goes on top of the retail enhanced edition I already have?
    CPT = Community patch for the forsaken gods addon on top of the enhanced edition path that comes shipped on my retail disc? This fixes all the bugs and glitches present even in the enhanced edition?
    the community patch for Forsaken Gods made this game to the enhanced edition. so if your copy of Forsaken Gods is titled enhanced edition it is likely you already have the final version. and yes, it still has bugs and glitches, as G3 itself still has even with the community patches. some of this bugs and glitches are buried deep in the Gothic 3 engine which both games use.