Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

dolorosa ist offline

Gothic 2 returning speech files format

Hi everyone,again☺️ I have a few things that I need help with. Recently,me and a few more members of the Romanian community have started dubbing the AB speech dialogs that had no voice at all.So far we have recorded around 500 speeches,we have big plans,and that is dubbing the whole game.We have exported those 500 speech as .wav,but they seem to be so big,size wise. I've been on the forum and found something about .ogg files which are much lower,but as I know gothic doesn't read .ogg,but .wav files.What I did was exporting some files as .ogg and then manually renamed them as.wav,and they seem to be smaller. My questions arem I doing the right thing by renaming them as I mentioned above? Is there another way of doing it? I cannot find anywhere on how to do it,or what to exactly do.If any of you knows,please help me out on this matter,I would really appreciate your support 😔

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    now also in your universe  Avatar von Milky-Way

Milky-Way ist offline
    It has to be .wav, you can play a little bit with the encoding / bitrate, but should be mono, I think.
    For the purpose of providing an installer, there are tools that allow you to put .ogg in the installer and then they convert the files to .wav during the installation. Sprachrohr is the tool that comes to my mind, and if I remember correctly, the user Milgo once explained somewhere here how to use it (in German, presumably).

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Well, many hours of speech are big.

Some years ago I created text-to-speech for German Returning modification.
    The approx 25000 samples have a size of approx 2.1GB. Sample rate is split: some are 16 kHz and some are 22.5 kHz 8 Bit Mono PCM.

Gothic itself uses mostly 4 Bit ADPCM WAV files. The files are much smaler on hard disk but for text-to-speech I noticed that the compression ratio for an installer is bad. So I switched to 8 bit PCM at 16 kHz and 22.5kHz.

If you currently use 16 Bit PCM stereo recodings at 44.1kHz or above you can safe a lot of space by reducing bit and sample rate.

If you are concerned about the size of the installer you can use a tool like Sprachrohr Milky-Way noticed.
    This tool allows to store .ogg files in installer, but during installation they are converted to .wav files.

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Ritter Avatar von Kirides

Kirides ist offline
    using Union 1.0h+ you can use vorbis encoded audio files (.ogg), but Union only understands a specifig vorbis encoding
    (Returning 2.0 / AB already uses *.ogg files for it's Speech)

Encoded using "Oggenc2.88 using libVorbis v1.3.7 - aoTuVb6.03 (Lancer Builds)" from "https://www.rarewares.org/ogg-oggenc.php"

Code:
    Audio
    ID                          : 21761 (0x5501)
    Format                      : Vorbis
    Format settings, Floor      : 1
    Duration                    : 2 s 453 ms
    Bit rate mode               : Variable
    Bit rate                    : 48.0 kb/s
    Channel(s)                  : 1 channel
    Sampling rate               : 44.1 kHz
    Compression mode            : Lossy
    Stream size                 : 14.4 KiB (68%)
    Writing library             : Lancer

bash script that transforms all *.WAV files in the directory (ran with git-bash, or any shell interpreter you like)
    all the original soundfiles are uppercase and linux/bash is case sensitive so adjust *.WAV accordingly

requirements: ffmpeg (in $PATH) and oggenc2 from said link.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

mkdir done
    for f in `dir *.WAV`;
    do ffmpeg -y -i "$f" -f WAV test.wav \
    	&& ./oggenc2.exe --resample 44100 -q 0.5 test.wav \
    	&& mv "$f" done \
    	&& mv test.ogg "$f" \
    	;
    done
    Geändert von Kirides (16.08.2021 um 19:16 Uhr)