Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Rookie

aleq ist offline

First playthrough: Vanilla with 1.75 or modded?

Hi

Sorry about english topic on German forum, but I don't have much choice and Steam forums seem useless.

I just finished Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 and I want to start Gothic 3, despite hearing a lot of negative things about it.

The first two files that I am planning to install (in that order) are:

1): Gothic_3_EE_Patch_v1.75.14_Int_Full
    2): Gothic_3_EE_v1.75_Int_Update_Pack_v1.04.11

I am not sure, however, whether I should install Content Mod and QuestPack. The size of the game seems overwhelming already, so I don't want to add too much extra stuff. And I doubt that I will be replaying Gothic 3 again.

So I want to find a nice balance between: 1). Fixing bugs, adding important things, but at the same time: 2). Playing the game as vanilla as possible.

Also, I don't like the idea of changing too much of the original content.
    I tried Quest Pack, for instance, but the lack of voice recordings break the immersion for me.

I tried installing Content Mod, and it seems to have a few cool things like Skip Intro Movies, Dark Interface and Quick Loot. But then it asks me about my previous choices from Gothic 2 (my teacher, my class and what I did with the Claw) and I am not sure how it will change the (original/vanilla) game in the long run. So Content Mod seems kind of intrusive to me, especially when it doesn't explain the details properly. And how my choices will matter later, will it be worth it, etc.

Also, I am not sure, whether I should start the game with Alternative Balancing or not. I kind of liked difficulty and gameplay of G1 and G2:NOTR. But the problem is, that I kind of feel burned out after playing previous games. So I don't want Gothic 3 to be unnecessarily hard, especially knowing how gigantic the world is and how many quests there are.

My other dilemma with Alternative Balancing is that: on the one hand I want more freedom in customizing my character, maybe taking some time to play with melee and magic before I decide to specialize in one of them. On the other hand, I kind of worry that it will become too easy and too boring in the long run. And that I will become too overpowered both in melee and magic.

Will the game still be enjoyable and make sense if I only install community patch?

Would you recommend Alternative Balancing in my situation?

Is there a way to increase the font size of dialogue subtitles or at least make it a bit easier to read? (Because if I can do that, I might give Quest Pack a go)

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks for reading

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Springshield  Avatar von Homerclon

Homerclon ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von aleq Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi

Sorry about english topic on German forum, but I don't have much choice and Steam forums seem useless.
    No problem, this forum is for german and english, since the english section was closed (because low activity).

I tried installing Content Mod, and it seems to have a few cool things like Skip Intro Movies, Dark Interface and Quick Loot. But then it asks me about my previous choices from Gothic 2 (my teacher, my class and what I did with the Claw) and I am not sure how it will change the (original/vanilla) game in the long run. So Content Mod seems kind of intrusive to me, especially when it doesn't explain the details properly. And how my choices will matter later, will it be worth it, etc.
    Nearly no changes. It change which Armor and Weapon from your past you will find, and which little bonus your Diary give - as formerly smith: +Smithing-Skill.

And some letters, they help you to find these stuff.

Both mods add some content and changes, and if you want to stay as close as possible to the vanilla, don't use either of them.

- Keine verdammte Hechtrolle zum ausweichen in Kämpfe!
    - 01100100 00100111 01101111 01101000 00100001

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    So I want to find a nice balance between: 1). Fixing bugs, adding important things, but at the same time: 2). Playing the game as vanilla as possible.
    You name patch 1.75. This fix nearly all bugs and keep the game original.
    The update pack in addition fix some more bugs. In addition it adds new features. If you like all of them is your decision.

Also, I don't like the idea of changing too much of the original content.
    I think you have mainly two options, see German Installation:
    1.: You use Mod LCTM. This Mod try to be close to the original Gothic3. It adds items, receipes and other stuff.
    2.: You use QP4.2 + CM3.1, but disable QP4.2 during installation of CM3.1. You must also disable Consequneces Mod in CM3.1 installation. You'll get new items and so on, but no new quest nor story. So you do not to have to read new texts.

I tried Quest Pack, for instance, but the lack of voice recordings break the immersion for me.
    OK, there are German Fan voices avaiblabe, so I enjoied it. But I understand that it may be disapointing to read approx 3500 dialog lines.

But then it asks me about my previous choices from Gothic 2 (my teacher, my class and what I did with the Claw) and I am not sure how it will change the (original/vanilla) game in the long run.
    Don't worry about it. The only change are approx two items you will find. E.g. rune, sword or nothing.

Also, I am not sure, whether I should start the game with Alternative Balancing or not. I kind of liked difficulty and gameplay of G1 and G2:NOTR. But the problem is, that I kind of feel burned out after playing previous games. So I don't want Gothic 3 to be unnecessarily hard, especially knowing how gigantic the world is and how many quests there are.
    I recommend to use Alternative Balancing, so you have to specialize. But it does not mean that you have to skip all other skills.
    You should focus to be a grand master on one main attackt: melee, magic or ranged attacks.
    No problem to be a master in a second attack skill.
    But you should not try to be an expert or master in everything. In some skills you should keep basic level, e.g. alchemy, smithing or thievery.

In addition you can djust difficult level with these two options anytime:
    - difficult level in menu
    - alternative artificial intelligence
    With tehe options you should be able to find a forcing, but not totally disappointing level.

My other dilemma with Alternative Balancing is that: on the one hand I want more freedom in customizing my character, maybe taking some time to play with melee and magic before I decide to specialize in one of them. On the other hand, I kind of worry that it will become too easy and too boring in the long run. And that I will become too overpowered both in melee and magic.
    As above I recommend Alternative Balancing. On over hand I never tried the hard difficult level very much.
    My personal best experience is active Alternaternative Balancing, active Arificial Intelligence and normal difficult level.
    There are only rare situations in a game there I change Arificial Intelligence or difficult level.

Is there a way to increase the font size of dialogue subtitles or at least make it a bit easier to read? (Because if I can do that, I might give Quest Pack a go)
    Don't understand your problem. Gothic3 menu scales. The only thing which do not scale are focus names. But dialoges scale, even if you use high screen resolutions.
    You can change the font in ge3.ini:
    GUI.DefaultFont=...
    GUI.DefaultFontBold=true or false

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Rookie

aleq ist offline
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

After several reinstalles I decided to go with just the Community Patch and the Update Pack for it (without armor fix).

Don't understand your problem. Gothic3 menu scales. The only thing which do not scale are focus names. But dialoges scale, even if you use high screen resolutions.
    You can change the font in ge3.ini:
    GUI.DefaultFont=...
    GUI.DefaultFontBold=true or false
    I just tried replacing a font with another one.
    That is, I changed the name of the font with another one from my
    C:\Windows\Fonts directory. (the GUI.DefaultFont= value in the ini file). And it seems to work in certain areas of the game like NPC names, items names in the world and numbers on the action bar.

But the most important one for me is the text size of the conversations with NPCs. The font size just stays the same (rather small) even when I lower my resolution. I am assuming that changing this font size (or font type) is not possible..?

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Provinzheld Avatar von tangram222

tangram222 ist offline

useful mods

besides alternative balancing i recommend the return of general Lee mod. It does not change the main story line but brings you more logic and a deeper story concerning Lee.
    In this behalf the original game is very poor.

Have fun