Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Rookie

Baal Eron ist offline

[EN] Join New Camp - get better at fighting?

Now this is a weird one...

I've played Gothic back when it came out in 2001 and I could swear that when trying to win Lares approval to join the New Camp there was a sidequest/side activity which involved getting better at melee combat. I believe you had to talk to one of the named NPCs in the New Camp, say you want to join, he in return asked if you're a good fighter and the hero responded differently based on the level of his melee skills. When you got to a certain skill level he said he'll put in a good word for you and then when you asked Lares 'Is this enough to join you' he mentioned that so and so said you're a good fighter and we can always use good fighters or something along these lines.

But that was almost 20 years ago and my memory might just be playing tricks on me? Anyone else recall that?

I did find Blade in the New Camp and it seems as though he's the one asking if I can fight, I currently have no skill points in melee so my hero just says 'Well...' to which Blade responds 'I thought so' (or something like that) and seems disappointed. He then sends me to Gorn to see if he will train me but Gorn has no new dialogue options.

Is this a bug or early stages of dementia?

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Drachentöter Avatar von Elderus

Elderus ist offline
    I think you are confusing two things here. In Gothic 1 there is the advantage that training with Cord costs less ore than training with Skatty in the old camp.

Your memory of the dialogue with Lares seems more like a memory of the dialogue with Torlorf in Gothic 2.
    Here you can ask Cord for his consent to join the mercenaries. To do this, you must have mastered the first level in combat (30% +). A different dialog will sound depending on the skill level.

After you have his approval, Torlof will later say something like: "We can always use good fighters!"

I hope I could help you!

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Rookie

Baal Eron ist offline
    Zitat Zitat von Elderus Beitrag anzeigen
    I think you are confusing two things here. In Gothic 1 there is the advantage that training with Cord costs less ore than training with Skatty in the old camp.

Your memory of the dialogue with Lares seems more like a memory of the dialogue with Torlorf in Gothic 2.
    Here you can ask Cord for his consent to join the mercenaries. To do this, you must have mastered the first level in combat (30% +). A different dialog will sound depending on the skill level.

After you have his approval, Torlof will later say something like: "We can always use good fighters!"

I hope I could help you!
    For the love of Innos... Thank you! I was starting to think I imagined the whole thing...

Turns out it was just brain fog ;-D You must be right, I got the games mixed up.

Thanks again! Danke schon!