Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DavideMiragliaPH ist offline

My 2015 Gothic 1 Intro Remake +EpicBattle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lnnzb3LTlU

OF COURSE, THE IMAGE BELOW IS JUST AN IMAGE, NOT THE YOUTUBE PREVIEW. IN ORDER TO WATCH THE VIDEO, JUST CLICK ON THE URL OVER HERE.

[Bild: Film_e_TV_04_07_2020_00_03_01.png]

The intro starts after the facts that did lead to the end of Gothic 3, then we will move to the facts that did lead to the beginning of Gothic 1.

Here's my two cents about the video.
    I was a boy and I wanted to create an epic intro movie for my favourite game. With lots of effort, I did that. After 5 years, I'm uploading it.
    I think you will enjoy most part of this unfinished movie (duration: 11,30 minutes).
    Sorry for the terrible voice acting. I was responsible for this: I did voice Pablo (an NPC created by me) and Diego. I had to use MorphVox to create Diego's voice.
    If you survive to that single minute where those guys have a chat, then you will be rewarded for your efforts LOL

This video is very important to me because that was the moment where I started manipulating in-game animations, just for fun. In poor words, the video led me to improve my knowledge about Gothic animations. It acted like the antechamber of the "Gothic Evolution" photography project, and I wasn't even aware of it.
    You can find that project in here too! Check the forums
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (03.07.2020 um 23:28 Uhr)

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Legende der Amazonen Avatar von Bisasam

Bisasam ist offline
    Before I get to the feedback part, I want you to know I do NOT intend to pick on you or make you feel sad. I'm basing my critisism on what I see and my point of view as a long time modder. It's okay to disagree with my opinion. Yes, it is an opinion even if I don't write it in every sentence.

First of all: This seems to be way too long for an intro.
    You can't give people a game where they have to wait 11 mins before moving their character for the first time. Also it contains scenes not driving the plot forward. Why am I watching a mage walk for a minute before the narration starts? What is the purpose of the smith scene?

Then Diego starts to talk about the war INCLUDING remembering stuff the orcs said to each other in orcish (cause why would they use human language for that?). That doesn't make sense.
    He was in Khorinis at that time, working for Gerbrandt. And since you didn't show a human getting away, you can't pull out the "survivors story" excuse.
    The original Intro was narrated by xardas, who was head of the church that time and working with rhobar. He could've got his hands on a report somehow. But how is diego supposed to know?

Even though I'm sure it took a lot of effort to put all those npcs in one place, the war scene goes on for too long.
    I also don't get why you focus on that dead bandit at the foot of the tower without anything else happening. If you wanna create the message "they're dead" just show the guy lying on the floor while orcfeet run past them. That could create both invasion feeling and a loss.

I get where you wanted to go with the soldierfeet running for such a long time. You wanted to show how big the army was. But I think, 5 seconds would've done the trick too.

The barrier scene is the first I got almost no complaints about. Its pacing is good and you did what you could with the effects. Good job!

Then comes the outer ring with gomez.
    I hate to say that, but the outer ring didn't exist back then. They only had the castle. You can see it in the intro.
    Showing Gomez getting out of the dungeons would've been more appropriate.

All in all for a first time film maker, you did a good job. The cut at the soldierfeet was good. I only knew you repeated it because I have a keen eye for that stuff.
    For the future cut corners a bit, focus on important events and use the KISS method: Kerp It Short and Simple

"Das erinnert doch sehr erfreulich an das, was man sich als Gothicfan wünscht!"
    -Korallenkette

3. Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Local Hero

DavideMiragliaPH ist offline
    Yes, it's not an excellent video. The only excellent thing might be the effort (that's why I never finished it: way much time consuming).
    I still had the single movie pieces in an usb key and the other day I did choose to join them together and to create subtitles.
    Instead of throwing the video in the Windows 10 trash bin (as I said, that video did cost me a very high number of hours of work), I did choose to upload it. I was charmed by the battle itself, but I decided to post the whole content.

Thank you, I really liked your criticism.
    I only disagree with three things:
    1) You couldn't know it because I didn't write it, but I wanted to create a more detailed movie about the short Gothic intro. That's why you in the beginning can see the guy walking around for a minute. It was supposed to be a "micro movie".
    2) No, Diego doesn't remember that battle scene and what orcs said. He just remembers that orcs did win lots of battles and humans were in the middle of a military chrisis. The orc attack is not a flashback, it's just something disconnected from Diego's mind. But I guess I wasn't able to make the public aware of this.
    3) The battle was my favourite part, but it's true that there are way much details about it. The other things don't get the same quantity of attention on them.

I didn't remember that the Outer Ring didn't even exist LOL I will keep this in mind for my "Gothic Evolution" photography project. Maybe I could take some screenshots related to the events before of the creation of the barrier. Who knows... If I did take a screenshot about Nek collecting the protection money, I can go way much back than this!

Last thing about what might not look good/original about this "movie": the original human warriors in the intro battle did fight with short bows. Even if the original video is a bit pixelated and it's difficult to deal with details, in my opinion the guys did wear the medium mercenary armor with an hat.
    I did use the correct armor, but not the correct weapon. Of course, there is a creative reason behind this: with crossbows, I could create an unique battle formation (first line kneeling, second line standing still). I did really like it, so here it is.
    Geändert von DavideMiragliaPH (07.07.2020 um 00:14 Uhr)