Ergebnis 1 bis 6 von 6
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Neuling
    I'd simply want to ask: how do you actually create mods for ELEX? This sounds like a rudimentary question, but I've done moddign in other games...

Seriously what we can /cannot do it ELEX? Can we create new quests? New NPCs?

Can we extract and modify assets in ELEX?

Perhaps someone could kindly shed some light on how you approach modding in ELEX. Are there any tutorials? Any places to start?
    itelex ist offline

2. #2 Zitieren
    General Avatar von tombom81
    Zitat Zitat von itelex Beitrag anzeigen
    I'd simply want to ask: how do you actually create mods for ELEX? This sounds like a rudimentary question, but I've done moddign in other games...
    Read here: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...source-Manager
    Especially Baltram's opening post.

Unpack an *.elexsec file to *.elexsecdoc. Understand the structure of the format (human readable)

Seriously what we can /cannot do it ELEX? Can we create new quests? New NPCs?
    New NPCs can be simply built in, but Feyn's Questeditor is "on hold", seems.

Can we extract and modify assets in ELEX?
    See first answer.

Are there any tutorials?
    Not to my knowledge. (In case you did some Risen modding you got some base concerning the data format/properties.) Otherwise read through the posts of Malkav, Baltram, disi123, Grumbledore, NicoDE, Penthesilea and some others.
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    TAS for Elex 2 at ELEX II Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)
    Tuvok, scannen Sie den Planeten nach Mikroplastik!
    "Hört mir bloß auf mit "Stormson".
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    Genug der "Blumensträuße". Ich WILL MadBob! Beugt die Realität!
    tombom81 ist offline

3. #3 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Alright, I will take a look at the mentioned post and the posts by the listed people.

So I understand that we can extract the assets and make new NPCs. I'd like to make a new quest, is that possible? From what you say about quest editor, perhaps that's difficult?
    itelex ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren
    ..and make new NPCs.
    You can clone NPCs for sure. "Make new"? Depends on - you can "compose" bodies and heads to create new NPCs. In case you're thinking of new bodies (=armors) that's not possible, afaik.
    I'd like to make a new quest, is that possible?
    To my knowledge you'd be the first one to do so. But I don't see a reason, why not.
    From what you say about quest editor, perhaps that's difficult?
    I didn't check the last version of Feyn's quest editor, so dunno.

I'd start with creating new dialogs (there's no decent quest without a dialog, is it?). You need to trick around with lianzifu(.exe), a tool from the user NicoDE. It's a matter of unpacking/repacking the w_strings.bin to/from *.csv files. Creating new dialogs is possible but a little bit tedious doing it manually, imho, so a tool like a quest editor would come in handy.

(If it's your first time modding ELEX I'd suggest to put a new chest into the game and fill it with items, or something like that. That's easier than starting with new quests/dialogs, imho.)
    "in der Erkundung dieser weiten und wunderbaren Welt" (post #70, höre link unten)
    "In Toussaint wird schon für kleinere Schmähungen als diese Satisfaktion verlangt."
    tombom81 ist offline

5. #5 Zitieren
    Neuling
    Cloning NPCs is fine for a starter. I understand you mean a copy of an existing NPC, but with a different name (and id).

Nobody created any custom quests for ELEX? Really?

Yea, you are right. Starting with putting a chest into the world and filling it with items sounds like a good test as a first step.
    itelex ist offline

6. #6 Zitieren
    Cloning NPCs is fine for a starter. I understand you mean a copy of an existing NPC, but with a different name (and id).
    Yep.

Nobody created any custom quests for ELEX? Really?
    That's what I know. There were people who could have done it (see the names I've given) but seems they all lost their interest in ELEX modding in the "summer of 2018".

Yea, you are right. Starting with putting a chest into the world and filling it with items sounds like a good test as a first step.
    Good luck. And don't give up to soon. I remember me trying it 5 times or so until that dam§$%ed chest appeared ingame where I wanted it to ...

(To have proper coordinates for NewPos (explained somewhere by Baltram) I'd suggest to use those from an NPC, maybe Duras where you increase x a little bit so that he doesn't stand on the chest.)
    tombom81 ist offline Geändert von tombom81 (20.07.2020 um 17:42 Uhr) Grund: typo