Home Risen Risen2 Risen3 Forum English Russian

Registrieren Hilfe Kalender Heutige Beiträge
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. #1 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Hello there,

I tried installing AntiWarp and the Unoffical Patch 0.5, both simultaneously and alone, both with ModStarter and without. However, the game simply does not launch: I get a black screen for a while and then it exits. I am using the Steam version with all DLCs. If I remove the mods, then the game starts, so it's not a Windows-related problem, I assume.

Could someone give me a hint as to why this happens?

Also, are there any other recommended mods (which do not alter the gameplay, just bugfixers / balancers)? Also, I noticed some review of the game says 'overpowered weapons' ; is this true? Are there any mods which make them weaker or something?

Thanks a lot.

NOTE: I also posted this on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/40390...3948125787839/
    PhantomR ist offline Geändert von PhantomR (08.04.2020 um 12:45 Uhr)

2. #2 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    I don’t have any first-hand experience with those mods, but did you run the mod installer with elevated privileges, which I believe it requires? Perhaps try installing the game to a directory that is not under the control of the UAC (for example, C:\Games instead of C:\Program Files\Steam\blabla...). You could also disable any security and pseudo-security software on your system (antivirus, personal firewall, etc). Some mods (I don’t know if these ones in particular, but some) use techniques to inject code or alter running processes that are also used by malware, and thus might be blocked by your security suite.

It might also be help to see if the process itself is still running in the background when the game fails to start. That’s been known to happen, and may(!) indicate where to look for the cause.
    foobar ist gerade online

3. #3 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Thank you for your advice. I did not get the chance to try them because, strangely, after restarting my PC (I've tried a lot of things including reinstalling the game, repairing or uninstalling&repairing PhysX, installing DirectX or VC Redistributable (the latter three can be found in the 'redist' folder where Risen is installed by Steam), it .. worked. It might be related to the fact that these reinstallations did not take effect until I restarted, though it's weird that the game was working before I did it. I'm now running these mods for which I used the Mod Installer: AntiWarp, Unofficial Patch, LoD Distance Mod Final and Guns and Glory Balancing 1.0.
    PhantomR ist offline

4. #4 Zitieren

Metasyntaktische Variable
    Never forget the three Rs when you’re dealing with Windows: If it doesn’t work, retry, reboot, reinstall.
    foobar ist gerade online

5. #5 Zitieren
    Rookie
    Zitat Zitat von foobar Beitrag anzeigen
    Never forget the three Rs when you’re dealing with Windows: If it doesn’t work, retry, reboot, reinstall.
    LOL, that's a good one ^_^
    PhantomR ist offline