Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123
Ergebnis 41 bis 44 von 44
  1. Beiträge anzeigen #41 Zitieren
    Lehrling

Corva ist offline
    Great video, thank you very much

2. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #42 Zitieren

3. Beiträge anzeigen #43 Zitieren
    Aus dem Reich der Mitte Avatar von JudgeKyle

JudgeKyle ist offline
    Thank you very much, really interesting!

4. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #44 Zitieren
    Ranger Avatar von Vaana

Vaana ist offline
    Thank you all for your kind words

Zitat Zitat von Don-Esteban Beitrag anzeigen
    The thing with the dragon, the reused canyon and other things were new to me.
    I always thought that this thing with the canyon was common knowledge. I remember reading about it maybe 6 or 7 years ago on the gothicz.net fansite. Only now I found out that many people still don't know about it.

This dragon model is interesting and still a big mystery. As it is said in the video I do not believe that it originates from the shooter game. I don't think it makes sense in a post-apocalyptic setting. It most likely is a model that was either made for an E3 engine demo or maybe an early Gothic 2 model. Still cool to see though

On the topic of CodeCreatures, I have some trivia that did not fit in with the rest of the video. I posted it as a comment under the video, but I might as well post it here.

Some of the programmers that worked on CodeCreatures later joined Piranha Bytes to work on Gothic 3. As a result, the Genome engine contains a handful of remnants from CodeCreatures including some types and classes. Look here for a deeper analysis: https://forum.worldofplayers.de/foru...eatures-engine

Among a number of trademarks registered by CodeCult you can also find the name "NetCreatures", which suggest that the engine would also boast a network component of some sort. So what is it? A multiplayer system? An anticheat? An online forum? ... Sadly, we have no clue.

According to old news articles, CodeCult also developed its own copy protection solution called Phenoprotect. The mother company Phenomedia used this on several of its titles, including the 2002 game ZanZarah. After version 2.0, it was discontinued.

The developer ELO Interactive together with CodeCult was apparently once working on a GameCube port of CodeCreatures. Sadly, this port never finished.

In 2004 the German studio Joylabs announced that it had licensed CodeCreatures to use in their upcoming game "Das Reich 2005". This game was supposed to take place in a fictional scenario, where Germany won the second world war. Unfortunately, the development on the game was halted indefinitely in mid 2006.
    Stay safe!

Seite 3 von 3 « Erste 123