Portal-Zone Gothic-Zone Gothic II-Zone Gothic 3-Zone Gothic 4-Zone Modifikationen-Zone Download-Zone Foren-Zone RPG-Zone Almanach-Zone Spirit of Gothic

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
  1. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #1 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Frank97 ist offline

Armors Conversion from Gothic 3 to Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods

Hi guys, I'm trying to convert Paladin Armor (the Gothic 2 model) from Content Mod 3.1 into Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods, but the results were awful

I used the G3 Unpacker to get the files of the armor but when I tried to put them inside the Forsaken Gods Data folder this happened:

https://ibb.co/9NhrvYf

https://ibb.co/wh5SWjR

The armor seems to be completely broken, I don't know what is causing this. This is the link to the folder I used, maybe I am missing something
    Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mqcbdc...dated.rar/file
    (Edit: Problem solved don't download this file!!!)

This is the right file for installing Paladin Armor from CM 3.1 into Forsaken Gods: http://www.mediafire.com/file/679srg...Armor.rar/file
    Geändert von Frank97 (09.02.2020 um 23:18 Uhr) Grund: Armor Problem Fixed

2. Beiträge anzeigen #2 Zitieren
    Moderator Avatar von MadFaTal

MadFaTal ist offline
    Looks like some files are missing.

I recommend to decompress all files from CM3.1 and Forsaken God.
    Use search functions and 3D preview of g3dit for your purposes.

Short story long:

1.)
    To decompress all files from Content Mod and Forsagen God I recommend G3CU.
    Copy all files from Gothic3 (Forsaken Gods) Data folder to another folder. E.g. R:\G3_CM31_Copy\Data or R:\G3_FG_Copy\Data
    Create a folder for the decompressed files. E.g. R:\G3_CM31_Files\Data or S:\G3_ForsakenGodMod\original\Data
    Select these folders in G3CU like shown on screen. Use buttons "Pick G3 Data folder" and "Pick empty work folder".
    Select red option "Compatibility only with AB".
    Press button "Decompress" and wait for message "Decompression finished". Close G3CU.
    Finally you must manually rename the folders: Remove the ".pak" suffix at all decompressed folders.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=eac96fb7913193daf5dfe3174f9c6302&attachmentid=48869&d=1581152371&thumb=1]

For your purposes you do not need all files. You do not need to copy files with following names in Data folder:
    _compiledPhysic
    Infos
    Lightmaps
    Music
    Quests
    Sound
    Speech_German (maybe you have a different name)

2.)
    Put a copy of g3dit into two different folders. One folder to search files of Content Mod.
    The other folder is for your modifications for Forsaken Gods.
    E.g.:
    g3dit_CM
    g3dit_FG

3.)
    Example for FG: Start g3dit from folder g3dit_FG
    Setup g3dit: use menu "Datei -> Einstellungen". Select folder with original decompressed data and a folder with new or modified files.
    The screenshot shows settings for Forsaken Gods.
    [Bild: attachment.php?s=eac96fb7913193daf5dfe3174f9c6302&attachmentid=48870&d=1581152371&thumb=1]

After you setup the folders close g3dit and restart. Press the double arrow buttons on bottom line to update TemplateCache and EntityCache.
    NavCache is not important for you.

Do it similar for Content Mod, but start g3dit from folder g3dit_CM.

4.)
    Now you are prepared and can easliy use features of g3dit.
    3D preview "3D-Ansicht" and "Asset-Info" will give you all informations you need.
    "Asset-Info" will show you the files you need if load an amor template.
    "3D-Ansicht" will give you a visual feedback.

With Ctrl+F you can search for files, e.g. put "Paladin" into search request.
    With Ctrl+E you can seach for entities in world data, but I think you don't need for your purposes.

Background:
    If you load an armor template in tab "Animation" you will see the filename of the armor.
    The file extension is different. In template it is ".fxa", but the real file has the extension ".xact".

The textures most times end with _S1, _S2 and so on. E.g.
    G3_Human_Paladin_Body_Diffuse_S1.ximg
    G3_Human_Paladin_Body_Diffuse_S2.ximg
    G3_Human_Paladin_Body_Diffuse_S3.ximg
    G3_Human_Paladin_Body_Diffuse_S4.ximg
    To select a special texture change the MaterialSwitch.
    On my example screenshot I used MaterialSwitch 3 to select the texture G3_Human_Paladin_Body_Diffuse_S4.ximg.
    So number of MaterialSwitch must be 1 lower than the texture suffix after "_S".

PS:
    Hope it will help you to import armors from G3 CM to G3 FG.

3. Homepage besuchen Beiträge anzeigen #3 Zitieren
    Adventurer

Frank97 ist offline
    I was able to solve the problem, I missed the file .xact of the paladin armor, which was stored inside the file "Animation.Mod". Template file wasn't needed.

Here you can download the Paladin Armor from Content Mod 3.1 and put inside the Forsaken Gods Data Folder:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/679srg...Armor.rar/file
    Geändert von Askanius (10.02.2020 um 17:56 Uhr) Grund: off topic discussion deleted

4. Beiträge anzeigen #4 Zitieren
    Rock Me Amadeus  Avatar von Askanius

Askanius ist offline
    I have deleted some statements and posts that had nothing to do with the task of Gothic 3 modding.
    Please keep in mind that personal differences should be discussed in private and not in the publicly accessible part of the forum.

5. Beiträge anzeigen #5 Zitieren
    Waldläufer

stereoamplifier ist offline

re..

Zitat Zitat von Askanius Beitrag anzeigen
    I have deleted some statements and posts that had nothing to do with the task of Gothic 3 modding.
    Please keep in mind that personal differences should be discussed in private and not in the publicly accessible part of the forum.
    I understand, I apologize.....